Allwinner H3 / Orange Pi Plus

What do we have?

Serial connection:

Xunlong_Orange_Pi_Plus_uart.jpg

Hardware schematics:

orangepi-plus-h3-v1_1.pdf

Wireless: Realtek RTL 8189 ETV

Allwinner introduced new way of storing board definitions (also on A23 and A80) so it's a bit different than on A20 boards.

H3_Manual_build_howto

Kernel building with Allwinner SDK is terrible and was not able to build it. I must admit I haven't invest much time and energy yet.

I know what you mean. I have an OrangePi Plus as well and tried to build the source, but couldn't get it going. I just needed the cifs kernel module (I don't know why this isn't included in all images by default), but was not able to build it. If anyone manages to compile the module for 3.4.39 (or can tell me how to build it manually), please let me know.

Thanks!

I know what you mean. I have an OrangePi Plus as well and tried to build the source, but couldn't get it going. I just needed the cifs kernel module (I don't know why this isn't included in all images by default), but was not able to build it. If anyone manages to compile the module for 3.4.39 (or can tell me how to build it manually), please let me know.

Thanks!

Have you tried Loboris images? I have compiled a working Ubuntu 15.04 for the Orange Pi Plus here

I'm new to the Allwinner family of processors but not to building kernels etc.

I need to build a custom kernel for the OrangePi PC. I've worked with Loboris image builder but I have not had much luck with the kernel builder.

Has there been any movement to add the H3 to supported processors for Armbian?

Thanks, Steve

The only kernel is that (buggy / substandard) one.

I would suggest you to dump this hardware and go for some A20 if you need a solid solution now. H3 is far from ready.

Zero progress in mainline as far as I know.

• Igor unlocked this topic