Next Armbian wallpaper  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite wallpaper design

• 1. Dre0x-Minum-dark
    • 2. chzbacon-Micro-SD
    • 3. chzbacon-Linen---Dark
    • 4. 1430-very-dark
    • 5. username-dark

We would like to thanks all of those who participated in our small contest. Great submission! It was really hard to make a cherry pick, while the winner will be chosen by the vote. 

Since we only need one default wallpaper and that one must be as generic and clean as possible, this choice is as follows. Few others, which might come into action, had either too small text size, strange colors or were simply too busy.

We might will add more than those five wallpapers to our desktop or use them as a boot splash.

Vote will be online until 16.12.

1. Dre0x-Minum-dark

armbian03-Dre0x-Minum-dark-3840x2160.jpg

2. chzbacon-Micro-SD

armbian04-chzbacon-Micro-SD.jpg

3. chzbacon-Linen---Dark

armbian05-chzbacon-Linen---Dark.jpg

4. 1430-very-dark

armbian06-1430-very-dark-3840x2160.jpg

5. username-dark

armbian07-username-dark-3840x2160.jpg

But is nice to have I new wallpaper because my son every time I start armbian say: Daddy this metal puzzle don't fit, the heads are bigger than the holes. ^__^

Well, that is the main idea behind all this  :)

How to deal with fake votes?

We have open vote (because of that)  and we will remove those who could be fake after voting is done. Creating new users and vote is pointless.

Edit: now new users also can't vote anymore. Only users with at least one manually approved post and well ... there are some spam ghosts still in the databases :)

I think, the old one (puzzle one) is better than this ones. Is there an options to vote for keeping the old? Maybe tweaked with some new colors, the grey is not my favorite. This is usually the reason i set original XFCE, or LXDE wallpapers. For example:

450px-LXDE_desktop_full.png

I think, the old one (puzzle one) is better than this ones. Is there an options to vote for keeping the old? Maybe tweaked with some new colors, the grey is not my favorite. This is usually the reason i set original XFCE, or LXDE wallpapers.

It seems to me that the lxde wallpaper is very boring, old and not stylish. Default wallpaper needs to be neutral in my opinion.

I think, the old one (puzzle one) is better than this ones. Is there an options to vote for keeping the old? Maybe tweaked with some new colors, the grey is not my favorite. This is usually the reason i set original XFCE, or LXDE wallpapers. For example:

450px-LXDE_desktop_full.png

That wall paper looks too much like an old Apple default wallpaper. 

Meh. I hate the puzzle one. Not horrible, just doesn't define Armbian. I could always kind of tell it was a place holder.

To be honest, I don't care what the vote results are. Armbian needs a mascot. A symbol that is recognizable. The all black simple, minimalist ones are alright. As it always is... same for the sd card one. However, there will be boards that will be running armbian, without SD Cards ever being involved. Going with an SD card symbol is just an unreasonable attachment to the default, simplistic, layout Igor chose when he was running the site off an OrangePi. So, IMO the SD card ones don't do Armbian justice.

Polygon Penguin all the way! Aka, PolyPenguin, Penguin Polly, Polly the Penguin, Armbian's Penguin Polly (APP), the list goes on and on. Seriously. The penguin at least has character.

What If you combined the gradient background of #4 [Very Dark] with Dre0x's penguin? You'd have a dope, long lasting, original background, logo and mascot, while also staying true to the whole point of having a vote.

Por que no los dos?

polgon_Penguin.jpg

(I realize the submission is late and doesn't meet requirements mention in the first place, but this isn't a submission. Just a proof of concept.)

I am aware of proper identity absence, but we are struggling to catch expansion of the project. There was no plan for anything like this in first place  :)

In any case we made a progress with this challenge - we have new, more minimalist / safe identity and a selection of identity variations. Associations to Armbian are reliability, stability, level of support. In this case minimalist approach make sense - all this stuff is abstract, hard to visualize. For me ...

Identity problem at least hasn't got worsen and if someone takes lead on developing true identity, I am more than happy to give the burden / sub project away. Seriously.

We are running the project still on hobby level, so awards for the job are in this scope. For leading and design. Two person already expressed willingness to help around design in general so we might get a graphics design section within Armbian. This should become one of their core long term tasks.

I have read the latest posts and decided to upgrade Armbian logo. I wanted to do something simple, but it may be easier circle, a square and a triangle :)? Here are the result 

armbian-with-logo.jpg

Someone might have seen here a penguin.  :)

Yes, it's over, Congratilation to winner @1430 - please provide your address on PM.

Big cheer to all participants. We got so much nice work which is still sorting out. We can't have them all due to size limitations.