Error upgrading armbian-firmware to 5.25

sovking

I experencing the following error upgrading orangePI-PC with connected a WiFi ralink key:

# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
  armbian-firmware
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1,617 kB of archives.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Get:1 http://apt.armbian.com/ jessie/main armbian-firmware armhf 5.25 [1,617 kB]
Fetched 1,617 kB in 11s (138 kB/s)                                                                                                                                                                       
(Reading database ... 44676 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../armbian-firmware_5.25_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking armbian-firmware (5.25) over (5.22) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-firmware_5.25_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/lib/firmware/rt2870.bin', which is also in package firmware-ralink 0.43
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-firmware_5.25_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Now my system is with:

# dpkg-query -l | grep 5.25
ii  armbian-tools-jessie            5.25                      armhf        Armbian tools, temper, Cubie bt utils
ii  hostapd                         1:2.5~armbian5.25+1       armhf        IEEE 802.11 AP and IEEE 802.1X/WPA/WPA2/EAP Authenticator
ii  linux-headers-sun8i             5.25                      armhf        Linux kernel headers for 3.4.113-sun8i on armhf
ii  linux-image-sun8i               5.25                      armhf        Linux kernel, version 3.4.113-sun8i
ii  linux-jessie-root-orangepipc    5.25                      armhf        Armbian tweaks for jessie on orangepipc (default branch)
ii  linux-u-boot-orangepipc-default 5.25                      armhf        Uboot loader 2017.01
ii  sunxi-tools                     1.4.2-1~armbian5.25+1     armhf        tools for working with Allwinner (sunxi) ARM processors
root@genka-h3:/# dpkg-query -l | grep 5.22
ii  armbian-firmware                5.22                      armhf        Linux firmware

dmesg stays that the device is:  rt2800usb

It will boot with this one packages which is still at 5.22 and the other at 5.25 ?

And it will connect to wifi with the armbian-firmware not upgraded by firmware-ralink present ?

Should I uninstall armbian-firwmare leaving firmware-ralink only ?

Any suggestion to solve this ?

Probably I should ask this question in debian/ubuntu because is not specific to H3/H2 devices...

Unfortunaly this board is in remote location and is connected trhough Wi-Fi, so if I make a mistake I will lost the connection :angry:

Should I uninstall armbian-firwmare leaving firmware-ralink only 

Remove armbian-firmware or firmware-ralink and double check if needed file exists before reboot. Make sure that apt update finished properly, without error code.

Done!

I removed armbian-firmware and the library was still there: good! Then  I checked no update was pending before reboot. Now everithing work fine.

I could be nice if  in future when a new armbian package release can overwrite another package (fowrwhatever reason) report how to deal with this situation, if it cannot be resolved automatically: for example warning about different files revision, sizes, benefits, drawback and so on. Of course this could be done just per armbian packages which you can control and manage, for other packages I think could be too much work or not reasonable.

Thank you very much for your help!