Seeking fellows for Ed-tech project

iwalpola

Hi all, I've been working on a project in educational technology for some time now, and it's been about three months since I started looking into arm-linux and Armbian. About me

Goal:

sub-$100 computers with 11"or better display. Modular, easy to repair. Successor to OLPC. We will do it better.

Backstory:

I was with an NGO teaching English and Maths to underprivileged kids in North-East India, and I found that progress was startlingly slow. We were able to spend only two hours a week with these kids, and it was simply not enough. I was aware at the time of apps like Duolingo which were extremely effective due to fact that the student can self-learn on theit OWN TIME.

So I started developing an Arduino based audio based English teaching device, which quickly became an STM32 project. Then I saw that Allwinner SOCs were going for $4.50, which could provide these kids with a fully working computer. Now I'm at a junction where I need teemmates and/or advice.

Progress:

* Fully running, most peripherals working

* Localization tested and working in LibreOffice and Firefox, but buggy in Armbian Desktop layer (missing translations)

* Wide display compatibility (HDMI/Composite/VGA combination) for less than $3 achieved

Challenges:

* Funding (I have two possible solutions, PM me for details)

* Teammates for forming a company

Main point of this post:

I'm looking for anyone interested in such a project, for co-founding an ed-tech startup. We will probably be working as a non-profit, and most of the large offices will be in developing countries (cutting costs without compromising on living situation). The areas of expertise that this movement is currently lacking:

* A qualified Electronics Engineer who specializes in PCB and hardware

* Public Relations and Marketing person(s)

* Educators who are willing to raise awareness in the education space, and want to use computers in their classrooms

* Someone with proven business experience

People of any nationality may apply (visa allows NGO employment in foreign most countries). Please PM me if you fit the bill.