Orange Pi Plus2 and Ubuntu 15.10

d4xyjen

Hello,

I need help for my Orange Pi Plus2, i have found a Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily)  *.img that works on my board.

Ubuntu_wily_mini.img.xz
https://mega.nz/#F!wh8l2BjK!OBep3nMldBletvNNwkH2Jg

Also installed on my board but i have a problem there are no drivers for the ethernet (Lan / W-Lan) clould someone help me to compile this image with the right drivers.

Please note i dont want a desktop interface only the server version of ubuntu.

Thanks a lot.

If you think about server usage then you neither want to use an OS image you found somewhere nor 15.10.

Build Armbian from source, choose Ubuntu Trusty 14.04 (LTS!) or wait until Xenial 16.04 (LTS!) is ready, choose OPi Plus, don't choose the GUI stuff and you're done.

There's really no reason to struggle with smelly OS images for Orange Pi any longer.

i did that already, i got a *.raw file but when im trying to write it with "dd" to the sd card my OPi wont start just blinking.

Secondly im not really experienced with creating a image from scratch. I do not know what im doing. >.<

Its really boring becouse no where are really good images out there i just find someone back from 2015 with old kernel

I just need a minimal image from Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily) with the right drivers in *.img format becouse this is the only file my OPi will accept

I just need a minimal image from Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily) with the right drivers 

There is usually no easy route for this especially if you want custom solutions. Basic stock kernel / images are disaster and in last few months we manage to made a lot of progress. System is usable but there are bugs which needs to be fixed.

When we are done / satisfied with most fixes we will provide one CLI Ubuntu image, now Trusty, soon Xenial. Willy is not planned and will not be supported. But good news is that we provide a proper image, where adding drivers is operational and simple as possible.

Check on forum to get a better picture.

I've tried to use Armbian 5.04 Debian Jessie, (Download, Unpack, Insert sd card, Execute imagewriter.exe) but in the imagewriter my sd card wont show up, if i try a usb stick it also wont show up (Windows)

dd is also not working.(wont boot) (Ubuntu)

is there a converted *.img file for the *.raw ?

Use proper writer. Supplied works only on old Windows XP/2003/7 - if you use Windows 10, use Rufus. This info is written next to download icon, the rest in documentations.

.IMG = .RAW, so you rename it or choose "show all files".

I only own Orange Pi Plus and it's working fine.

Thanks, it works now with even my ethernet.

I have a question if you login first time you will be forced to update the password / create user (You can cancel this by pressin CTRL+C)

i do not need a secondary user. how can i disable this.

where you put the script file for it.

Yeah, thanks for your reply i've already found the /etc/init.d/firstrun and changed the files.

Nice community! Thanks for your help. I've found now what i needed.

-- Sorry for my wired english --