Testing and Updating

dhlii

I have a variety of boards - an OrangePiPlus, a hummingboard, a RaspberryPi, a RaspberryPi2 that I can test - as well as a bunch of other boards that are not supported. 

I am an embedded linux developer so I have reasonable competence with building kernels, writing drivers, scripting ....

I would be interested in helping with testing and fixing things atleast with those boards that I have available to me. 

But I could use some clues. 

Is there a developers guide to Armbian ? Something that lays out how the build process works ? Or does one just jump in ?

As an example it does not appear that install-nand-state is working for either the legacy or vanila builds of the OrangePiPlus. 

Is this a script problem or a driver problem ?

Ethernet does not seem to be working for the Vanilla build - I am guessing that is a driver issue. 

Is there a developers guide to Armbian ? Something that lays out how the build process works ?

No, once you spend enough time with build script, you just know how it works  :)

Problem with such documentation is keeping it up to date because of ongoing changes.

does one just jump in ?

For fixing issues, updating kernel configuration or adding new boards - sure, just make a pull request to main repository.

For reworking or refactoring anything it's better to discuss it before (here in "Armbian build framework" subforum or on GitHub).