Security support for Wheezy handed over to the LTS team

hardvk0

As of 25 April, one year after the release of Debian 8, alias "Jessie", and nearly three years after the release of Debian 7, alias "Wheezy", regular security support for Wheezy comes to an end. The Debian Long Term Support (LTS) Team will take over security support.

https://www.debian.org/News/2016/20160425

Important: Wheezy-LTS only supports i386 and amd64. The support for armel and armhf is waiting for confirmation from all related Debian Teams. Users of other architectures are encouraged to upgrade to Debian 8 ("Jessie").

Important: Wheezy-LTS only supports i386 and amd64. The support for armel and armhf is waiting for confirmation from all related Debian Teams. Users of other architectures are encouraged to upgrade to Debian 8 ("Jessie").

Hi,

Thanks for this info. I assumed LTS would cover armel and armhf bit I guess not. My problems with Jessie concern sysvinit and also that Bluez5 doesn't do things that Bluez4 can.

Cheers,

Steven

I'm with you phleum. Wheezy is better than Jessie, in my humble opinion, for several reasons.
Is there a problem or incompatibility putting Stretch (testing) with Armbian repository?.
I want to update multiple systems. Jessie missing some packages I need, do exist in Wheezy and Stretch, and I would not mix versions

Is there a problem or incompatibility putting Stretch (testing) with Armbian repository?.

I want to update multiple systems. Jessie missing some packages I need, do exist in Wheezy and Stretch, and I would not mix versions

You can install fresh Jessie and upgrade it to testing in-place or you can use apt pinning and use Jessie with some packages from testing.

This sounds to me, that with the next release of armbian I will have to switch to Jessie 3.4.111.

Does Jessie with Kernel 3.4.111 come with systemd instead of sysV init, or is the information above misleading?

• Igor unpinned this topic