[392] - documentation rework

Kriston - USA - documentation rework - July, August

Task from http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/1325-claim-a-task-set-due-date-and-start-doing-it/page-4#entry11910

Github issue

@Kriston please assign yourself github issue, and provide an update here if possible.

I apologize in advance as I'm shuffling docs around to satisfy the Doc software task

We also plan to have more liberal access to docs repository, more people with push access:

@Lanefue = already have

@Kriston = waiting to respond

@miked = what is your Github username?

@igor is your cron still running the python script?   If so can update your cron to just use the committed mkdocs.yml 

Does the cron job run on a regular interval, or does it run after commits? If the latter, is it only when certain files are committed?

Does the cron job run on a regular interval, or does it run after commits? If the latter, is it only when certain files are committed?

I believe it polls the repo every few minutes and if there's a change it rebuilds.

I've added a welcome message to the docs Home, to temporarily minimally address some UX issues.

There are several use cases for the documentation:

1. New users, who might easily give up and try something else unless they're walked through everything right from the start.

- Getting Started should be prominent for them.

- "What is the current state of Armbian?" might need to be answered in the docs, since outdated info about hardware acceleration, HDMI etc. can be found elsewhere and may deter these users (or maybe that should be left to the main armbian.com site)

2. Users of all levels who have frequently asked questions.

- Do people still look for FAQ sections? If so one should exist and be easily seen.

3. People who've run into problems

- FAQ and/or Troubleshooting should be easily found.

4. Serious users who will actually read through the ToC and documentation

for current state id just interview the SME's directly and get the facts. Direct questions get direct results

Tapatalk thinks its important to tell you im using tapatalk from a phone.