Armbian for Amlogic S912

chocho

20 hours ago, buvaluy said:

Hello. I've installed latest ubuntu-5.26 mate on beelink gt1 2G/32G very easy for first time.

Seems like it has not gpu driver, I also have low resolution. I've installed 5.24 firmvare and libmali. Nothing is changed.

What do I have to do? Do I have to use 5.24 ubuntu instead of 5.26?

Lmsensor does not see any sensors also(via sensors-detect). How to fix it?

Upd: When I login via ssh I can see CPU Temp in invite message. How to watch it else.

1. Already have version 5.27 , it is better to try it.

2. To measure the resolution need edit file /boot/amlogics905x_init.sh. It was discussed many times, look in this thread or the topic s905\s905x.

3. to monitor temperature You can use the command "armbianmonitor -m"

@Blop @Nofan Tasi

Hi, is possibile to use this alternative also for armbian?

LibreELEC

Amlogic has not released fbdev Mali libraries. This build uses libhybris and Android gralloc Mali driver to provide OpenGL for Kodi - because of this the builds will always be experimental until proper Linux libraries are released (if ever).

9 hours ago, balbes150 said:

1. Already have version 5.27 , it is better to try it.

2. To measure the resolution need edit file /boot/amlogics905x_init.sh. It was discussed many times, look in this thread or the topic s905\s905x.

3. to monitor temperature You can use the command "armbianmonitor -m"

Thanks.

I've just installed latest 5.27 Debian xfce.

glxinfo says

OpenGL vendor string: Mesa Project
OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.3.2
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
OpenGL extensions:

On ubuntu it was something about VMware.

Looks like GUI works slow without mali gpu driver. I don't see mali in lsmod output.

Do I need install it manually?

I have 1920x1200 monitor.

Update. After setting up resolution it became little bit faster.

mplayer says: Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_sunxi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thanks, balbes150.

16 hours ago, buvaluy said:

On ubuntu it was something about VMware.

Looks like GUI works slow without mali gpu driver. I don't see mali in lsmod output.

Do I need install it manually?

I have 1920x1200 monitor.

From Mali T830 GPU (s912) Linux for Amlogic is not licensed , so it is not freely available.

2 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

From Mali T830 GPU (s912) Linux for Amlogic is not licensed , so it is not freely available.

Thanks. 

Did I undertand you correctly?

It's best gpu support that I can get from this build(5.27 debian).

For s905 this build provides  gpu driver and vdpau facility.

Anyway thank you for build. I am gonna use it as headless server.

On 23/03/2017 at 8:49 AM, mmss said:

@Blop @Nofan Tasi

Hi, is possibile to use this alternative also for armbian?

LibreELEC

Hello,

I did not have the time to try to import libhybris into an armbian image but it's surely something to try and that can work. (the libreelec image for s912 is working fine except some crashes of Kodi)

Could any Alfawise H96 Pro+ users run the phoronix ramspeed benchmark? It'd be interesting to know if you could tell DDR4 versions from the DDR3 ones without opening the case :)

PM me if you need help running the suite.

That would be interesting indeed.

... somewhere (perhaps here) I heard about a recent mali driver code tarball:

TX011-SW-99002-r16p0-00rel0.tgz

https://armkeil.blob.core.windows.net/developer/Files/downloads/mali-drivers/kernel/mali-midgard-gpu/TX011-SW-99002-r16p0-00rel0.tgz

but I don't think it has a driver for S912 (but then I am not familiar with all terms)

balbes150 also mentioned Mali T830 GPU (s912) is not licensed.

Hi everyone !

I have seen that some of you have done an amazing job here, providing support for a proper packaged linux system targeting S912 boards out there.

I may be interested in setuping a H96 pro box (32GB hard drive + 3GB RAM) for my Gitlab runners, and some occasional benchmark related to a software I am developing, that make use of NEON intrisics.

I have two questions :

-Is the H96 pro a good choice for what I am trying to achieve and/or to have fun doing embedded linux (I have no TV) ?

-What linux image would you advise me to use ?

I am not yet interested in doing openCL computations on the mali GPU by the way, and probably won't until openCL will offer a compatibility with C++14 (variadic templates, lamda, etc...)

Is someone able to follow the instructions given at http://openlinux.amlogic.com/wiki/index.php/Arm/Buildroot/buildroot-3.14/buildroot-2017-03-10 ?

The ssh command ask me for a password, so I am stuck right now.

I would like to see if I can build my own mini distribution from scratch with a recent kernel, and all driver support from AmLogic through the builroot project they provide.

57 minutes ago, gnthibault said:

Is someone able to follow the instructions given at http://openlinux.amlogic.com/wiki/index.php/Arm/Buildroot/buildroot-3.14/buildroot-2017-03-10 ?

The ssh command ask me for a password, so I am stuck right now.

I would like to see if I can build my own mini distribution from scratch with a recent kernel, and all driver support from AmLogic through the builroot project they provide.

It seems transition to repo correctly is imminent,  but for now one can still download from

http://openlinux.amlogic.com:8000/download/ARM/filesystem/buildroot-openlinux-20170310.tar.gz

Then one can go from step:

% source buildroot/build/setenv.sh

no password needed.

I am doing this right now...

Thank you @Nofan Tasi I did not understood that this was what you posted earlier. Unfortunately the bandwidth looks extremely limited to download the 1.8GB file, I won't probably be able to get it today.

I'll try to build an image to qemu first, and maybe if I can get my software to compile and run om qemu, I'll buy a S912 TV box.

I just started to understand. Inside there is such a folder:

buildroot-openlinux-20170310/hardware/aml-3.14/arm/gpu/t83x/kernel/drivers/gpu/arm/midgard

Unzip buildroot-openlinux-20170310.tar.gz to /home

A folder is created: /buildroot-openlinux-20170310

$ cd ~/buildroot-openlinux-20170310

$ source buildroot/build/setenv.sh

You're building on Linux

Lunch menu...pick a combo:

1. mesongxl_p212_32_kernel49_release

2. mesongxl_p212_kernel49_release

3. mesongxm_q200_32_kernel49_release

4. mesongxm_q200_kernel49_release

5. mesongxb_p200_release

6. mesongxb_p200_32_release

7. mesongxb_p201_release

8. mesongxb_p201_32_release

9. mesongxl_p212_release

10. mesongxl_p212_32_release

11. mesongxl_p230_release

12. mesongxl_p230_32_release

13. mesongxm_q200_release

14. mesongxm_q200_32_release

15. meson8_k200_release

16. meson8_k200b_release

17. meson8b_m200_release

18. meson8b_m201_release

19. meson8m2_n200_release

Which would you like? [5] 13

(Note: mesongxm_q200 is board on Amlogic S912

Q200:

•   Amlogic S912 CPU

•   2GB DDR3

•   HDMI out x 1

•   TF Card x 1

•   Ethernet 100M x 1, 1000M x 1

•   SDIO WIFI/BT (AP6356S) x 1

•   SPDIF x 1

•   USB hub x 2

•   USB otg x 1

•   EMMC x 1

end Note)

#TARGET_BOARD=q200

#BUILD_TYPE=64

#OUTPUT_DIR=output/mesongxm_q200

#CONFIG=mesongxm_q200_release_defconfig

#

# configuration written to /home/buildroot-openlinux-20170310/output/mesongxm_q200/.config

#

$ make menuconfig

The buildroot window opens

In the bookmark KERNEL there is such an item

[*] amlogic gpu driver git repo │ │

│ │ (r6p1) amlogic gpu branch

[*] amlogic gpu driver local

│$(TOPDIR)/../hardware/aml-3.14/arm/gpu

I chose package gstreamer1

Started the assembly..

$ make

Let's look :-)

Ouch, during buildroot build, it looks like one has also to download http://openlinux.amlogic.com:8000/deploy/arc-4.8-amlogic-20130904-r2.tar.gz, which can take some time.

Edit : looks like someone had a spare ;)https://gitlab.com/ember-dev/deploy/blob/master/deploy_ubuntu_14.04.sh :

wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkvnj4n6klrb3pw/CodeSourcery.tar.gz

wget  https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvved2rwjptibfb/gcc-linaro-aarch64-none-elf-4.8-2013.11_linux.tar.gz 

gunzip  gcc-linaro-aarch64-none-elf-4.8-2013.11_linux.tar.gz 

wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pn69t7gcthuqf0/arc-4.8-amlogic-20130904-r2.tar.gz

Also had to download (and bypass sha256)

wget http://sources.buildroot.net/DirectFB-1.7.7.tar.gz

I can share the various buildroot utilities (including buildroot-openlinux-20170310.tar.gz) on amazon if someone is interested.

Looks promising anyway, but I have seen that default kernel is 3.14, although 4.9 seems to be included. I'll report my build results when I will be done

Yes, in order to build without any problems (the fact is that the download from openlinux.amlogic.com is constantly broken), you need to use any tool with the ability to download the following packages of large sizes:

http://openlinux.amlogic.com:8000/deploy/CodeSourcery.tar.gz

http://openlinux.amlogic.com:8000/deploy/gcc-linaro-aarch64-none-elf-4.8-2013.11_linux.tar

http://openlinux.amlogic.com:8000/deploy/arc-4.8-amlogic-20130904-r2.tar.gz

And put them in the folder:

~/buildroot-openlinux-20170310/buildroot/dl

I was finally not able to build:

RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file
/home/tnotargi/projects/S912/buildroot/buildroot-openlinux-20170310/output/mesongxm_q200/build/uboot-next-2015-dev/Makefile:927: recipe for target 'boot.bin' failed

How can I debug this, and eventually remove the package that generated the error  ?

10 minutes ago, gnthibault said:

I was finally not able to build:

RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file
/home/tnotargi/projects/S912/buildroot/buildroot-openlinux-20170310/output/mesongxm_q200/build/uboot-next-2015-dev/Makefile:927: recipe for target 'boot.bin' failed

How can I debug this, and eventually remove the package that generated the error  ?

I get similar error when I build in gentoo.

But when I build same way inside a minimal ubuntu chroot all goes fine.

Not sure how to troubleshoot this. Perhaps python 2.7 is required.

If I google "RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file", I do get a lot of hits.

Which linux distribution do you use? And which python version?

My gentoo has python 3.6 selected active. The ubuntu chroot has python 2.7 selected active

PS: I built mesongxl_p212_kernel49.

During the compilation, was built a file: mali.ko, Which is placed in the file system /output/target  In folder /lib/modules/3.14.29/kernel/amlogic/gpu

gpu r6p1 Installing to target

In folder buildroot-openlinux-20170310/output/mesongxm_q200/build created folder /gpu-r6p1

5 minutes ago, diaamant said:

During the compilation, was built a file: mali.ko, Which is placed in the file system /output/target  In folder /lib/modules/3.14.29/kernel/amlogic/gpu

gpu r6p1 Installing to target

In folder buildroot-openlinux-20170310/output/mesongxm_q200/build created folder /gpu-r6p1

That's nice. It seems 4.9.4 does not provide this module (yet).

43 minutes ago, gnthibault said:

Run the command "make menuconfig" and remove from the configuration Assembly u-boot. This set of files not needed for normal use for TV boxes. To replace the stock u-boot in the TV box for this option is risky. It probably not support all the features of the TV box (buttons on the remote control and the inclusion of a number of other features of this particular iron TV box).

Unfortunately, everything is very simple.
The library libmali.so is in the folders at: buildroot/package/opengl/src/lib/arm64/r6p1
There are folders:
m450
m450-x
And there are no folder for T8xx

And assembly buildroot with opengl for S912 is interrupted with the inscription:
cp: cannot stat '/home/buildroot-openlinux-20170310/output/mesongxm_q200/build/opengl/lib/arm64/r6p1//*.so*': No such file or directory

For the active use of Linux, the acquisition of S912 seems so far too early ... IMHO

S905x at the moment is the most ..