Jessie Upgrade-log Issues

Giunti

I'm currently running  ARMBIAN Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.9.7-sunxi on my CT. On my last apt-get upgrade I noticed this line reoccurring in log:

> dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.8.4-sunxi': Directory not empty
Accordingly there are serveral older versions of 'linux-headers-4.8.x-sunxi' in /usr/src.

Should/Can these be deleted mannually and, if so, why can't the upgrade procedure do this in the first place?

On searching this forum, I found several log clips posted containing the same warning messages, however, without any response as to how these could be avoided.

Secondly, I ran across these lines upon entering the upgrade command:

>root@CT:~# apt-get upgrade
>The following packages have been kept back:
linux-jessie-root-next-cubietruck
>The following packages will be upgraded:
>  linux-dtb-next-sunxi linux-firmware-image-next-sunxi
>  linux-headers-next-sunxi linux-image-next-sunxi linux-libc-dev
>5 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
>Need to get 0 B/27,1 MB of archives.
>After this operation, 4.890 kB disk space will be freed.

Why would 'linux-jessie-root-next-cubietruck' not be installed? Am I missing anything here?

Many thanx in advance for any information on these two issues.

I'm currently running  ARMBIAN Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.9.7-sunxi on my CT. On my last apt-get upgrade I noticed this line reoccurring in log:

> dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.8.4-sunxi': Directory not empty

Accordingly there are serveral older versions of 'linux-headers-4.8.x-sunxi' in /usr/src.

Should/Can these be deleted mannually and, if so, why can't the upgrade procedure do this in the first place?

On searching this forum, I found several log clips posted containing the same warning messages, however, without any response as to how these could be avoided.

These messages can be ignored and you can delete old directories manually if you want. Kernel packages maintainer scripts should be partially reworked, but for now it's at low priority.

Secondly, I ran across these lines upon entering the upgrade command:

>root@CT:~# apt-get upgrade

>The following packages have been kept back:

linux-jessie-root-next-cubietruck

>The following packages will be upgraded:

>  linux-dtb-next-sunxi linux-firmware-image-next-sunxi

>  linux-headers-next-sunxi linux-image-next-sunxi linux-libc-dev

>5 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

>Need to get 0 B/27,1 MB of archives.

>After this operation, 4.890 kB disk space will be freed.

Why would 'linux-jessie-root-next-cubietruck' not be installed? Am I missing anything here?

This is most likely due to changed package dependencies, if package "linux-base" is not installed, it can prevent the upgrade. You can upgrade this package manually if you want (using apt-get install linux-jessie-root-next-cubietruck).