OPi Win with A64

Igor

Ok, let's try to spot the technical details:

• A64 with 1 GB DRAM
  • A64's single USB2.0 host port connected to a GL852G hub providing 4 type A receptacles
  • USB OTG available as Micro USB port 
  • Gigabit Ethernet using RTL8211E PHY
  • AP6212 providing both Wi-Fi and BT
  • 3 pin debug header
  • IR receiver
  • 24 pin CSI camera connector (most probably compatible to Xunlong's GC2035 2MP camera)
  • 24 pin LCD connector (Edit: due to pinmuxing with RGMII for Ethernet it's MIPI DSI -- 1920x1200@60fps max)
  • 2 buttons, microphone, 40 pin GPIO header, another 4 pin header
  • eMMC possible to be populated but not included in $25 standard offer
  • 2MB SPI NOR flash (according to Aliepxress listing)
  • 4 pin header for 'power selection', board can be powered through 4.0/1.7mm barrel jack, Micro USB (don't do this!) or battery (solder pads on the bottom PCB side)
  • Audio out and Mic in available on 3.5mm TRRS barrel

The naming scheme points to Win10 IoT and hardware details seem to make it possible to use settings that are compatible to BPi M64.

Few more things to add:

- SPI and eMMC flash optional, not in all/both versions

- those 4 pins are jumpers to switch between power connector and OTG+battery

16 minutes ago, Igor said:

SPI and eMMC flash optional, not in all/both versions

That makes somewhat sense, at least always providing SPI flash when eMMC is not populated (allowing to netboot and so on then). I still fail to understand the powering scheme (there's no battery connector and AXP803 PMIC should be able to be fed through DC-IN, OTG and BAT at the same time and decide which sources to use?). But that doesn't matter that much since A64 isn't my favourite toy ;)

13 minutes ago, SKayser said:

Actually.... that 4 pin header might actually be related to battery connection. Would explain the location. Not sure about the jumper, however.

Similar 2x2 pin jumper is used on Pine64 and SoPine baseboard to switch 5V distribution for several subsystems to bypass the step-up converter. In this case it's possible that is a 2-pin jumper + battery connection on other 2 pins since I see a "Battery" label under it and don't see any other headers that could be used for connecting the battery.

1 hour ago, zador.blood.stained said:

Similar 2x2 pin jumper is used on Pine64 and SoPine baseboard to switch 5V distribution for several subsystems to bypass the step-up converter. In this case it's possible that is a 2-pin jumper + battery connection on other 2 pins since I see a "Battery" label under it and don't see any other headers that could be used for connecting the battery.

Yeah, that's probably it. And I wasn't sure if I was imagining things, but it really looks like BAT. So... I guess this board actually has battery support.

On 3/10/2017 at 7:04 AM, tkaiser said:

The naming scheme points to Win10 IoT and hardware details seem to make it possible to use settings that are compatible to BPi M64.

Their forum post seems to confirm that this board is indeed oriented towards Win10 IoT

From their forum admin:

A new board from Xunlong would be released soon, which named Orange Pi WIN.
This new board could run on Windows IOT.

12 hours ago, eli said:

shipping price 4.05$?!

Just order 100 pieces, then shipping per board gets as low as $1.71 ;)

Apart from that the Aliexpress listing confirms a few more suspections above (Mic also available in the TRRS plug, solder pads for battery but I doubt the 2MB SPI NOR flash and would believe it's 2Mb instead)

Can someone check if it is possible to attach RTC Backup Battery?

Since this SPI-NOR seems to be a SOICW package, not SOIC, it must be bigger than that.

What is the real use for this?

Edited by @lex

25 minutes ago, @lex said:

Can someone check if it is possible to attach RTC Backup Battery?

Don't think so based on available info. Since "main" battery should be connected with soldering pads it will be used for keeping the RTC too.

25 minutes ago, @lex said:

What is the real use for this?

Storing the u-boot for USB or PXE boot (especially for the variant wothout eMMC). Don't know if it will be used with Win10 IoT (and honestly don't care)

18 minutes ago, zador.blood.stained said:

Don't think so based on available info. Since "main" battery should be connected with soldering pads it will be used for keeping the RTC too.

Storing the u-boot for USB or PXE boot (especially for the variant wothout eMMC). Don't know if it will be used with Win10 IoT (and honestly don't care)

Thanks for the answer.

What would be the boot order then? SD CARD, SPI-NOR, NAND and finally eMMC? Maybe a new BOOT0 would be needed?

So, I'm interested in this board but waiting for a little more of.....support. There is a guy on the feedback section of the AliExpress page saying he managed to boot a NanoPi A64 Ubuntu img on the Win board.
I was wondering, what are the imgs that might be functional on this board?
NanoPi A64, Pine64, BPI M64?
I know that lot of the stuff will not work, but anyway, is this possible?

15 hours ago, vovolixo said:

So, I'm interested in this board but waiting for a little more of.....support. There is a guy on the feedback section of the AliExpress page saying he managed to boot a NanoPi A64 Ubuntu img on the Win board.
I was wondering, what are the imgs that might be functional on this board?
NanoPi A64, Pine64, BPI M64?
I know that lot of the stuff will not work, but anyway, is this possible?

Here is my take on this matter:

• Pine64 and BPI-M64 img does not boot on NanoPi A64
  • NanoPi A64 img boots on Pine64 and BPI-M64, but not without tons of errors
  • Judging by the OPI Win Wifi/BT (AP6212) the best candidate to work out-of-the-box is BPI-M64 img.

Better wait for the OPI Win Plus Plus (eMMC) and try mainline 4.10...:)

Thanks for info Igor,

The big advantage of this card ( I suppose  it also has a lot of disadvantages  :)  ) is that it has an LCD interface, probably the first such OPi.

I'm curious what the displays will work properly.

Also the difference between A64 and H5 is a little confusion for me :)