Orange pi zero as a stand alone ipcam server

platonas

Hi ,

I want to try out a project for a friend of mine and use an orange pi zero (for now , stronger model might replace it later) to do the following :

• have an outdoor ip cam connect with wifi on the orange pi zero
  • Save videos on motion detect on pi`s memory
  • Upload saved videos to a remote server (could be ftp) eg. every midnight with internet access via ethernet

Keypoints :

• ipcamera must connect with pi`s wifi 
  • pi will connect to a router (via ethernet) a couple hours per day so the setup must not be internet based or with any extra equipment except the pi and the ipcam

My thought of doing it :

1. Install armbian ( done)
  2. setup pi as an wifi access point  ( partial done)
  3. use motioneye to setup ipcam with pi (dont have a cam to make tests)
  4. use a script to upload files to a remote ftp server when ethernet is availiable (will work it after i finish everything else)

I installed armbian , setup wifi as A.P. ,bridged with the ethernet (want to try and setup it up so wifi will now see ethernet in the future) but i dont have an ip cam to test it.

Any ideas ??  I used some android apps to make my cellphone act as an ipcam , but it doesnt work with motioneye since it want camera address commands .

update.....

managed to make motioneye find my mobile phone as a ipcam when connected on my router and make everything as planned.

Issues left  :

1. make motioneye work with my ipcam phone when the phone is connected to the wifi A.P. created by the Orange pi
  2. make a script that moves(copy and then delete) the saved videos to an ftp server using ethernet connection

well constant recording at 640x480 at 20fps  , PI reached max temp of 71 inside a case with no fan or heatsink.

I was also logged from my pc most of the time on the UI of motioneye so that could push it a little more.