Browsers with support HTML 5 in Armbian

Thiago Morais

Hi guys,

I am using Armbian 5.23 Jessie Desktop version with retrorange pi, in my orange pi pc, using the firefox on youtube i can watch videos in 480p more than it the video is bad doesnt run good, i can't watch netflix because the version firefox esr 45 don't have support to html 5, and to use facebook have a delay to load the pages, i think the firefix version default of armbian aren't so good, i tryed update the firefox but i didn't found none  tutorial for it, so someone knows how i update the firefox or install the other version with support to html 5? or someone knows how a install Chromium?

Is normal the videos of 720 don't run good ?

Thanks.

• Igor pinned this topic

Thiago have you tried 4K Video Downloader? At least it can download YouTube videos at the resolution you prefer. I got used to using it with a ThinClient with no hardware acceleration running Mint a year ago and it's been indispensable since then. 

But disclaimer: I don't have my Beelink/Armbians setup too well yet and am working on the Android part that works first. And wise man once advised me: no internet connection for Android lol

There are many ways to watch accelerated youtoube videos on stock Armbian legacy install. Just not within a browser.

youtube-dl, mpv, ...

You don't need any windows based download tool. 

https://forum.armbian.com/index.php?/topic/499-bananapipro-video-accelerated-no-work/&page=2#comment-28237

It's to avoid Android on those boards since it's crappy and unsupported. Luckily we have a well maintained Openelec fork if you seek multimedia OS.

I met the similar YouTube play error like you before. I can watch YouTube in 480P or 360P, but when I change it to 720P or the higher resolution, it gives me a green screen. Finally, it was solved by removing the Ad-Block. So share with you and hope this may be helpful in fixing your YouTube problem. Good luck.

• Werner unpinned this topic