mpd/mpc starts with 30 sec delays

Warter

Question

Maybe someone has an idea what the problem is... So I use the latest armbian with kernel 4.9.18. I installed mpd+mpc on it and mounted nfs share with fstab. Everything is working fine but if i press the play button from my phone/tablet actually the playing starts just after 30 sec. it is exactly 30 sec. I have no idea what can cause this delay. 

7 answers to this question

MPD is a music player daemon what runs on the hummingboard (connection via LAN to the router). I connect from ipad via wifi to the MPD. 

it happens almost all the time. Sometimes if I press the play-stop-play one after another there is no delay. 

You are probably having troubles with DNS, NFS or WIFI.

- Check resolv.conf points to a valid server and you have a route to that server (ping a host by its name)

And just before pressing play :

- check the access to your music files (ls /xxx/xxx/xxx.mp3)

- ping your ipad ip address from hummingboard

2 hours ago, Warter said:

MPD is a music player daemon what runs on the hummingboard (connection via LAN to the router). I connect from ipad via wifi to the MPD. 

it happens almost all the time. Sometimes if I press the play-stop-play one after another there is no delay. 

Do you output your sound locally from HB or via HTTP to iPad?

@arox Previously I though the same, so I double checked it. I don't find any problem with DNS, NFS or Wifi. Plus I can connect to the HB without any problem.

@zador.blood.stained I use SPDIF what connects to DAC.

in meantime I tested it with Volumio "distro", there is no delay in this case. Volumio based on Jessie 8.7 also.