Upgrade time, cross-compile kernel on another machine

Hello, I'm trying to upgrade Armbian on my little OrangePi Lite, and it's been 3 days at it already. It is stuck at "Compiling headers", and it is not hung, I can use it.

It does happen from time to time to all my SoCs, sometimes I prefer to re-dd and reconfigure.

So I was thinking, if compilation cannot be avoided, can it be done on another computer? Cross-compile?

It worked, thank you.

But I think I made a valid point, somebody would need the headers and SoCs usually are too underpowered to fast compiling. Maybe it can be done on a faster machine and later just installed on the destination SoC?

2 minutes ago, Hugo Cardozo said:

But I think I made a valid point, somebody would need the headers and SoCs usually are too underpowered to fast compiling. Maybe it can be done on a faster machine and later just installed on the destination SoC?

It is usually a storage problem rather than CPU utilization. Adding a timeout for the headers compilation is on the TODO list, but it will be implemented slowly and probably not soon.

On 30. 3. 2017 at 5:19 PM, Hugo Cardozo said:

It worked, thank you.

Can you explain how to recompile headers? thank you