Can not see first character on tv

RoyalWulf

What interface your tv uses? Analog, or HDMI? Most of smart tv-s have function for overscan, but it's labeled different. This may help you:

Annoyingly, once you find the control, the options aren't always labeled well. What you're looking for is 1x1 pixel mapping, which, as it sounds, maps each pixel in the source to each pixel on your TV. Some TVs will label this as "Full," "Fit" or "Dot by Dot." If it's not clear, select each one and see which one shows the most image.

In my Samsung tv it's labeled "fit to picture". Other solution is, when you pass through password change and user creation, to execute h3disp and change resolution to something more native for your tv. This is for full HD 1080p x 60Hz:

h3disp -m 10

Hello!

Trying to deal with a TV overscan issue, TV has no option to not overscan (it's one of those "promotional" TVs made in garages from leftover parts for local stores).

H3 OPi and legacy kernel Xenial Armbian.

I couldn't get anything more than a bunch of errors from xrandr, I haven't tried to modify xorg configs before working xrandr setting.

Tried modifying armbianEnv/boot.cmd before realizing it's intended for mainline kernel only, without success of course.

I read about modifying script.bin, but couldn't figure out what and where should I change.

Any help is appreciated.

On 29. April 2017 at 8:42 PM, Armnlegs said:

How to fix for analog?

On 29. April 2017 at 9:25 PM, kypa said:

Hello!

Trying to deal with a TV overscan issue, TV has no option to not overscan (it's one of those "promotional" TVs made in garages from leftover parts for local stores).

H3 OPi and legacy kernel Xenial Armbian.

I couldn't get anything more than a bunch of errors from xrandr, I haven't tried to modify xorg configs before working xrandr setting.

Tried modifying armbianEnv/boot.cmd before realizing it's intended for mainline kernel only, without success of course.

I read about modifying script.bin, but couldn't figure out what and where should I change.

Any help is appreciated.

If you mean analog composite av output please check this: