How to control the ethernet LED of the Orange Pi Zero?

hillz

Orange Pi Zero has two LEDs in the ethernet port and I want to control those leds for system notifications, right now I'm running OpenWrt on the OPiZ and I just need to know which file I have to trigger the LEDs. In GL.iNet router I can control the LEDs by doing

echo default-on > /sys/devices/platform/leds-gpio/leds/gl-connect:green:lan/trigger

But I don't know how to do that in OPiZ. Please tell me which file I have to edit in order to control the LEDs of the OPiZ

35 minutes ago, tkaiser said:

Link to schematic: http://linux-sunxi.org/Orange_Pi_Zero#See_also (no idea whether the leds on the Ethernet jack are accessible the way you want but schematic is the first thing to check)

Sorry this isn't related to the thread but my opiz is hot, which file do I have to check to see the temperature of this board ? and is the temp in celsius or fahrenheit ?

4 hours ago, hillz said:

But I don't know how to do that in OPiZ.

Short: That is not possible.

Long: Pins for LAN LEDs are dedicated to only this functionality, e.g. you can't configure them as GPIO and quick look trough datasheet didn't show any register for controlling them independently.

What about just using the LED lights which are on board?

How to control onboard leds of Orange Pi Zero

The Orange Pi Zero has two onboard LED, a red one and a green one. You can control them using sysfs interface. In general you can use a sysfs interface of the gpio driver but since these two leds are reserved by the LED driver you can only use this way

RED LED ON

echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/red_led/brightness
RED LED OFF

echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/red_led/brightness
GREEN LED ON

echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/green_led/brightness
GREEN LED OFF

echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/green_led/brightness

Source: http://codelectron.com/how-to-control-onboard-leds-of-orange-pi-zero/