Upgrade to 3.4.113-sun7i broke my DVB-T

CryBaby

I have a rtl2838 based DVB-T dongle which was working beautifully under 3.4.112 on my cubietruck. I upgraded a couple of days ago and now I don't get any video data, although the dongle is still recognised.

I see 113 includes a fat patch to the rtl2832 driver. Is there some way I can back that out, or a safe way to go back to 112?

A reboot fixes it for a while, but it seems after a few recordings the tuner stops sending video data. vdr restarts and apparently reloads the kernel modules to no effect, so it restarts again...

It's recording now and I'll do more tests.

I downloaded the 5.20 Debian image from the archive with a view to extracting the kernel but 7z errors out before unzipping the whole thing. E_FAIL. That's on the cubietruck. I'll try it on my laptop when I get back to work and have the bandwidth to download it.

Hello, I have a problem with my usb DVB-T dongle Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick

This is log from dmeg

[   38.008325] usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using sw-ehci
[   38.341142] dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick (52009)' in cold state, will try to load a firmware
[   38.374563] dvb-usb: did not find the firmware file. (dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw) Please see linux/Documentation/dvb/ for more details on firmware-problems. (-2)
[   38.400922] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700

But the firmware is located in /lib/firmware

It's with Armbian_5.34_Cubietruck_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.4.113 , the last version I used Ubuntu_trusty_3.4.112 I had no issue with my dongle.

USB and DVB-T is a quite unstable combination with sun7i SoCs 

I had to give up with my bananapi. You may check the power supply, but it will always happen that a kernel update will mess the things up. 

Also mainline kernels are unstable 

Thanks, but I am sure it was working very well before with no problem for the dongle at least.

I compile a new version and I test with Armbian_5.34_Cubietruck_Debian_jessie_default_3.4.113 and my DVB-T dongle Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick is detected and it's load the firmware from /lib/firmware. But if I am try with the version Armbian_5.34_Cubietruck_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.4.113 I don't know why ubuntu detect my dongle but it can't load the firmware dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw.

I don't know why?