No network after upgrade to 5.30

nihilista

Seems to be problem with network (using it headless), last line bootscreen says IPv6 ADDRCONF (NETDEV_CHANGE)  : eth0: link becomes ready. In line before it states link is up, ipscan shows no bananapro...

49 minutes ago, nihilista said:

Updated my bananapi pro to from 5.30 minutes ago...but now it doesnt boot ;-(

Any possibility to get my system back without setting up completely new? Never had this with all update before.....

Everything is solvable ... but we need more information to help. It might be a problem with u-boot. From where you did upgrade?

4 minutes ago, tahaea1 said:

Banana Pi Jessie mainline

upgraded with apt-get

using usb hdd as root

Which kernel version and from which Armbian version you made update? Did you start from clean image? You have to tell me everything! btw. Super Pi is not supported even I am almost sure it's exactly the same as Banana Pi ... I never saw one of those ... some minor changes can lead to improper Ethernet initialisation. I also need to wait for others to report - on supported boards.

7 minutes ago, Igor said:

Which kernel version and from which Armbian version you made update? Did you start from clean image? You have to tell me everything! btw. Super Pi is not supported even I am almost sure it's exactly the same as Banana Pi ... I never saw one of those ... some minor changes can lead to improper Ethernet initialisation. I also need to wait for others to report - on supported boards.

I don't really remember the kernel version. Armbian version was 5.25 or 5.24. Clean image as in what? I was using 5.25 for about 2 months I think? was apt updating regularly and it updated to 5.30 today. 

3 minutes ago, tahaea1 said:

I don't really remember the kernel version. Armbian version was 5.25 or 5.24. Clean image as in what? I was using 5.25 for about 2 months I think? was apt updating regularly and it updated to 5.30 today. 

OK. I'll try to reproduce.

In the mean time, you can try to flash (downgrade) u-boot from http://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-u-boot-bananapi-default/linux-u-boot-bananapi_5.25_armhf.deb to see if that helps. Extract  u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin and write to SD card:

dd if=u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=/dev/yoursdcard bs=1024 seek=8 status=noxfer

Bananapi armbian 5.27 mainline upgrade to 5.30. Cannot log in remotely from putty.. When connect to hdmi monitor, it boot up normally and can log in. Everything seems ok but no response when attempt to log in remotely (putty). Very strange.

5 minutes ago, wsian said:

Bananapi armbian 5.27 mainline upgrade to 5.30. Cannot log in remotely from putty.. When connect to hdmi monitor, it boot up normally and can log in. Everything seems ok but no response when attempt to og in remotely (putty). Very strange.

Most likely u-boot configuration which initialised network is broken for Bananapi. Still checking if this is it. U-boot upgrade has been removed until this is not resolved.

15 minutes ago, Wolf2000 said:

Hi Igor
With my Banana Pi 1 nothing more about HDMI I see only the cursor flashes.
What could I do?
Or is it death?

Even you wait until network timeouts ? 

If you did an update, you need to rollback u-boot to 5.25 

I can confirm, on a BPi M1 the internal ethernet is broken with armbian 5.30.

I'm using the BPi M1 as bridge with a second USB ethernet port. After update to armbian 5.30 (from 5.26), the internal BPi ethernet port had 80% packet loss, but the USB ethernet adapter works just fine.

Regards

Hello,

I have been just installed Armbian 5.30 ubuntu flavor on my Banana Pi (the first model). Unfortunately, it's impossible to start a SSH session. The session freeze before to get the prompt. 

64 bytes from 192.168.1.37: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.487 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.37: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=0.267 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.37: icmp_seq=6 ttl=64 time=0.287 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.37: icmp_seq=7 ttl=64 time=0.271 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.37: icmp_seq=8 ttl=64 time=0.334 ms
From 192.168.1.57 icmp_seq=10 Destination Host Unreachable
64 bytes from 192.168.1.37: icmp_seq=13 ttl=64 time=1028 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.37: icmp_seq=15 ttl=64 time=0.246 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.37: icmp_seq=22 ttl=64 time=0.318 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.37: icmp_seq=74 ttl=64 time=0.297 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.37: icmp_seq=76 ttl=64 time=0.308 ms

304 packets transmitted, 85 received, +5 errors, 72% packet loss, time 310268ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.208/24.450/1028.213/155.519 ms, pipe 11

As you can see, a lot of packets are lost. 

On my Nanopi, I got other network issues with this kernel. I think the 4.11 kernel cannot be used correctly with these boards now.

9 minutes ago, Echo said:

I've just upgraded my OrangePi PC, but didn't reboot yet.

This problem should not be related ... if you report the problem, we need all possible details :)

Hi, its a my first post here :-)

same issue with update from Armbian 5.25 to 5.30 bootloop on Banana Pi.

Have now done backup back, Will now wait until the problem is solved...

37 minutes ago, Igor said:

This problem should not be related ... if you report the problem, we need all possible details :)

OrangePi PC update was successfully. A reboot succeeded. Thanks for the update!

59 minutes ago, zador.blood.stained said:

Please try testing after recompiling the u-boot now.

M1 and PRO are O.K., will check R1 and M1+ too

4 minutes ago, Aux said:

same issue with update from Armbian 5.25 to 5.30 bootloop on Banana Pi.

Using u-boot from previous version is a way to go - you have to update it on another computer if you already issued an update.

1 minute ago, Echo said:

OrangePi PC update was successfully. A reboot succeeded. Thanks for the update!

You are welcome.

2 minutes ago, Igor said:

Using u-boot from previous version is a way to go - you have to update it on another computer if you already issued an update.

I tried  

dd if=u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=/dev/yoursdcard bs=1024 seek=8 status=noxfer

but had not worked,  Had possibly flashed wrong drive mmcblk0p1 instead of mmcblk0  ??