[Ubuntu server nightly] Odroid C2 not booting

krzystke

Hello, I recently bought Odroid C2. Legacy Ubuntu Server image works great, but Ubuntu Server Next (mainline kernel) doesn't boot. SSH shows network error: connection timed out, screen is black. Is it something wrong with current image or my hardware? (Other OSes are working fine like legacy dekstop, DietPi). Power supply is official barrel DC jack 5V/2A.

Nightly builds are experimental automated builds made usually from development [4.12.x] kernel. On download page we expose Ubuntu desktop legacy and Debian server legacy. Those use standard stable kernel.

@Igor I know, and I wanted to try it, test it, maybe help with finding bugs and problems, I know the risk, but still cannot even power it on. If it is not suppose to work just like that or not targetted to users I didn't know, sorry. I know that this is dev version with no gwarranty and support :)

7 minutes ago, krzystke said:

maybe help with finding bugs and problems

That's very easy in this state since lo't of bugs are present :) Fixing problems is what we all need. This kernel needs 6-12 months before "hunt for bugs without need for fixing them" will be desirable.