Problems with Orange PC+

blaster_56

Just now, martinayotte said:

I always do, but my reaction is always "what I did wrong this time to get there"

Exactly, 

So when i'v received my orange pi and it won't boot what i have check first ?

Sd card, i'v test the SD and try on raspberry work perfectly so i think that it can be an incompatibility between my sd and orange pi, so i'v bought a new SD directly from a shop, i had the same result, so i'v bought a second orange pi with power supply, i'v test the first one with this power supply won't work, so i'v test the second one with the first sd and it work well, so i think ho ok its really good everything work, and then no ethernet and work perfectly in wifi so i'v think ok maybe something is trouble with ethernet, and i'v looking for several hours on internet, and i found some people who experienced some trouble about ethernet, then i'v bought an orange pi pc plus because i dont have any confidence into orange pi zero, then i received and same problem so i'v tried to build my own rom and i did an mistake.

But all of this should not happend if the orange pi was plug and play like raspberry pi.

Regards

Something to think about: you tested so many things on various setups which makes it hard to follow. Just go some steps back to reach your goal.
IMO a roadmap should look like:

• forget most of the things that you're tried until know. (especially most of the things that had to do with that your RPi works and your OPis dosn't, seems that RPi had some mechanisms to hide undervoltage problems whereas OPi on armbian hasn't) 
  • forget about doing stuff with wifi, as I understand you want to connect everything with LAN so just focus on that.
  • take your SD card that should work, the most trusted powersource, one computer and the simplest network configuration you could imagine (for me it would a DHCP router, your computer and your OPi)
  • burn armbian on an SD-Card with etcher, set up everything and than test if your opi connect porperly to your network. 

If this works & you have a proper ssh connection you can go steps further to bring more variables into the game. It's human that, under pressure, you try to bring up everthing at once but it's not the most productive way to solve problems.

btw: your screenshot shows: Laptop (ETH). So your hometown is Zürich? (I live 1h away from there). If right I'll make an offer to you:

If you test this basic setup and you could not get it to work. You can pick up mi OPi zero, a freshly burned armbian on my samsung evo 32gb sd card (checked that it works on my network) & my powersource. Test the things you want with a setup that is known to work properly for one month and than give it back to me.

edit: ok, I think ETH does not mean ETH zurich, so if you don't live in switzerland forget about the offer..

23 hours ago, tkaiser said:

Then please provide the output of 'ipconfig /all' from your Windows machine, also 'tracert 192.168.1.40' and then 'arp -a'. On the OPi Zero please provide output from 'traceroute 8.8.8.8'

Ok, since now a lot of other users start to waste their time on this 'case' a final remark. I asked you to provide

1. output of 'ipconfig /all' from your Windows machine,
  2. also 'tracert 192.168.1.40'
  3. and then 'arp -a'.
  4. On the OPi Zero please provide output from 'traceroute 8.8.8.8'

I do networking for a living, I watched your funny videos, I know why I'm asking you for the output of these 4 commands, I also know why I wrote 'and then' in step 3 (since 2 is prerequisit for 3!)

What do you do? Answered 1) above, refused to do N° 2 above which renders N° 3 useless and we're still waiting for N° 4. Instead you provided another shitty video showing an OPi Zero not booting wasting almost 2 minutes time of everyone watching this crap and now you waste your and our time producing stupid diagrams instead of answering the simple questions people willing to nail down another one of your various problems. Seriously: what do you expect since you're not willing to cooperate at even the lowest level?!!

You ran into powering problems, you ran into 'SD card troubles' (since your expert attitude didn't allow you to do what everyone else is doing: using a well known OS image from download location and simply following the f*cking 'Getting Started Guide' to ensure a working OS is on the SD card). It took many of us wasting their time to convince you that you had these problems, now your unwillingness to follow even the most simple suggested support steps prevents us from showing you what's wrong in your network. Yes, you read correctly: 3 different problems that all add to your confusion and those bold claims.

Do you really don't get that there's something seriously flawed?

BTW: I hope the person you call 'network enginer' has the balls to throw your router in the bin and replace it with a dumb switch for tests or at least he restarts the router once and I also hope he's able to tell you what's wrong with attaching one device with both Wi-Fi and Ethernet to the same network (since you add another insane level of complexity to the setup: now also something with routes and ARP tables can go wrong -- congratulations!)

1 hour ago, blaster_56 said:

But all of this should not happend if the orange pi was plug and play like raspberry pi.

The Armbian on the OPi's is "Plug and Play" as much as "leading edge" can be.

I am no "expert" in anything, I have no special talents but I am passionately curious.

I have never heard of U-boot util a few months back, I have never had any issues with any of the builds I was not the cause of.

I have setup 12 Zero's, a Zero plus h3 and the PC Plus, and played with a OP Prime board. Never a problem which was not known to me before hand (I read alot).

This 1 sd card out of over 20 failing on a few boards means that this whole mess is a waste of time, the cheap DEV boards will have issues that is life.

Buying CHEAP sd cards / PSU (Yes TK I know.. Moron for doing so..I can own that) will always cost you more in the long run.

But all in all this whole Armbian thing is easy as PI.... ;~) It just works 99% of the time (when you follow the guides and listen to those who know).

OH I have 10 Rpi's they have their set of issues....

The boards are sold for development= the process of developing or being developed.

Result of traceroute 8.8.8.8 from Orange PI

Spoiler

1498140006-img-6823.jpg

Output of tracert : 

Spoiler

C:\Users\hacker>tracert 192.168.1.60

Détermination de l'itinéraire vers 192.168.1.60 avec un maximum de 30 sauts.

1    33 ms    32 ms    36 ms  172.27.232.1
  2     *        *        *     Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
  3     *        *        *     Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
  4     *        *        *     Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
  5     *        *        *     Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
  6     *        *        *     Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
  7     *        *        *     Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.

I dont refuse anything, stop to be crazy & agressive for nothing take ur pills do something, stop to talk about my sd & power this is not the problem !!!

In few hours you will get answer about network

Regards

2 minutes ago, blaster_56 said:

I dont refuse anything, stop to be crazy & agressive for nothing take ur pills do something, stop to talk about my sd & power this is not the problem !!!

I didn't thought it could even get more annoying.

I asked you to do a 'tracert 192.168.1.40' but you do a 'tracert 192.168.1.60' instead. Why exactly? Don't you get that we waste our time trying to help you but you show not even that little bit respect to follow guidance closely? You get all this help here for free and still do not cooperate at all. That's somewhat irritating.

At least it's obvious that as I already said networking is fucked up on your Windows box since the machine tries to reach 192.168.1.0/24 through the 'TAP-Windows Adapter V9' which is most probably a VPN connection. That explains why OPi Zero can ping the Windows box but not vice versa and why you're not able to login through Putty (problem located on your Windows box, needs to be fixed there). I won't further waste my spare time on your network problems though so please don't ask me why it's working with your Raspberries (most probably 'route print' on the Windows box could give an idea). I also asked for the output from 'arp -a' after you did the 'tracert 192.168.1.40' (to check for another problem but as usual you refuse to cooperate. Weird).

The difference between 'ping google.com' and 'traceroute 8.8.8.8' also shows that for whatever reasons DNS resolutions doesn't work on your OPi, this is also a local configuration problem. 

We're back at 'If I were you I would stop always making funny assumptions and claims and start to concentrate on the relevant stuff.' It would be really nice if you start to accept that adding to various other problems you ALSO have a local networking configuration issue and there's no need to post such stupid nonsense like 'I'm not the only one who face this kind of problem, i can garantee you that the Debian Jessie Image was not tested and Ethernet Driver is corrupted. (version 5.25 and 5.30)' any more. Thank you!

Why are such bold statements like yours above a problem? Since the next confused guy thinking Armbian has to be blamed for local problems fires up google, searches for 'armbian orange pi network problem', arrives at your post, doesn't read what happened and feels confident that 'there is a general Armbian network problem' starting to waste his and others time instead of focussing on basic troubleshooting steps.

On 2017-06-22 at 8:34 AM, blaster_56 said:

I'v made some test and result are strange.

For the test i'v put my laptop under linux live cd.

IX_Oy0BpRNKRjFiv0KmYoQ.png

zuCppDnzQaCe656AoHkO-w.png

In ethernet to ethernet i can ping from my laptop to orange pi, thing i cannot do from my laptop in wifi to orange pi, but i can do the both with my pi.

I really dont understand where it come from, tonight i'll go deeper about the networks test with my Engineer.

Regards

Hi,

Not sure I should be getting involved here, but the weirdness you describe above looks very much like a problem I ran into a couple of weeks ago, caused by a faulty gigabit ethernet switch. I replaced the switch with a new one and no problems since. The frustration was that the problem was ridiculously difficult to diagnose - I spent hours convincing myself it was this Pi, no, this Pi, no this cable before finally considering that it might be the switch. All cables and all Pis have since proved to be fine.

Regards,

James

On 26/06/2017 at 1:20 AM, James Kingdon said:

Hi,

Not sure I should be getting involved here, but the weirdness you describe above looks very much like a problem I ran into a couple of weeks ago, caused by a faulty gigabit ethernet switch. I replaced the switch with a new one and no problems since. The frustration was that the problem was ridiculously difficult to diagnose - I spent hours convincing myself it was this Pi, no, this Pi, no this cable before finally considering that it might be the switch. All cables and all Pis have since proved to be fine.

Regards,

James

Hi, after many test, i have the same result, diagnostic is faulty gigabit switch but its really strange because the raspberry pi work well same for my computer, i'll go deeper when i'll get the time, but yeah this kind of problem make me crazy too.

It can be MTU too but since i know that the orange pi work well in France i stop investigation about this trouble and focus on my project development.

Regards

Does not have be a real crappy Gig switch.

I have now seen this on my Linksys GS108, and was reported me about 2 cisco catalyst switches not liking the zeros.

The zero's work.. then do not work, reboot the switch and they work until they do not. Mine will drop off in a 2~3 hours, and not reconnect unless I reboot switch and even then it is a  maybe, I have to power the Zero off disconnect the cable and restart the switch, wait for it to full boot and then plug the cable and power on the zero...a lot of BS for a $7.00 part.

Before I had them plugged into the gig switch they showed no issues with the ethernet, one had been running for about a month as a client

and had over 70 gig of data pass thru it feeding a Roku box and VoIP ATA.

I was load testing the wi-fi with the 5.32 image (I was moving big zip around) and the zero ethernet port shutdown, I was sure the zero port was dead,

but in testing it, I plugged it into a 10 /100 switch and it works 100 %

I tested two zeros side by side, watching the switch logs, I see the zero ask for IP but it fails about 40% of the time now to get an IP and then it powers off..

I had reports from the field that some zeros I had setup for a customer who put them into service had issues with cisco switches,

I blew it off as bad cabling or what not.

But once i could see happening myself, i dug around, checking ver. (all three zeros showing this are ver. 1.1) checking cabling, swapping ports in the switch, power suppies, SD cards, only common thing is the gig switch.