Overscan on Orange Pi PC

TheAverageJoe

Hey all,

Sorry for the noob question, I posted this in another topic but it hasn't seen any action so I thought I would make a post.

I have an Orange Pi PC, using the RetroOrangePi build which is based on Armbian. I'm having overscan issues on my 720p TV. I checked the options on the PC, there's no way to fix it there.

They figured it out in this topic here (where I initially asked this question):

The solution is to add code to u-boot in order to solve the overscan, or edit boot.cmd. My question is, will using u-boot be the best solution, or is it better to edit boot.cmd? Do I simply create a boot.cmd in something like notepad++ and compile it to boot.scr, or am I supposed to edit boot.scr and re-compile it with the appropriate code? I am not sure exactly how to compile boot.cmd into boot.scr.

If u-boot is a good option, how do I get into u-boot to make those changes?

My apologies for the foolish questions. I've been around computers a long time but Linux is a new creature for me.

Thanks much everyone.

You'll find that this community is still relatively small, imo. Some posts can go longer than 3 days without a response. Please keep duplicate questions to a minimum.

That being said I've only tinkered with RetroOrangePi a couple times so I'm not gunna be the one to help you. The very (and I mean very) little knowledge I have tells me editing boot.cmd would be easiest. Don't quote me.
I do remember having resolution issues on a 720p TV (Opi PC+) though and this thread helped me customize the settings for a fix. Good luck.

On 6/20/2017 at 10:09 AM, StuxNet said:

You'll find that this community is still relatively small, imo. Some posts can go longer than 3 days without a response. Please keep duplicate questions to a minimum.

That being said I've only tinkered with RetroOrangePi a couple times so I'm not gunna be the one to help you. The very (and I mean very) little knowledge I have tells me editing boot.cmd would be easiest. Don't quote me.
I do remember having resolution issues on a 720p TV (Opi PC+) though and this thread helped me customize the settings for a fix. Good luck.

My apologies, the only other forum I use is quite busy so I wasn't used to that. 

I will look into h3disp and see if I can solve the issue, thank you!