Upgrading Debian from Jessie to Stretch

Now that Debian stable has moved from Jessie to Stretch, what would it take to move the Debian branch of Armbian to Stretch?  Would it break anything if I just s/jessie/stretch/g in /etc/apt/sources.list and do sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade?

So I went ahead and sacrificed one of my Olimex Lime2 eMMC and am happy to report that switching to stretch, as described in the original post, seems to work OK.

What I noticed though is that there is also /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.list, which in my case states:

deb http://apt.armbian.com jessie main utils jessie-desktop

Looking at http://apt.armbian.com currently only jessie and xenial are present, which means that at least Armbian-specific packages are not yet based on stretch. The packages in them do seem to be mainly kernel, u-boot, firmware etc. though.

I've got a Cubietruck and I just tried this: Replaced all occurrences of `jessie` with `stretch` under `/etc/apt`.  All of them?  Well, not all of them.  There are some comments in `/etc/apt/conf.d/50unattended-upgrades` that mention `jessie`, and I found it's not good to replace those, they will come back with package upgrades.

It's great that Armbian has its own kernel for stretch, as well, so that one got upgraded, too.  There was nothing I had to do specially (different from other Debian upgrades), and that was very very cool.

I also upgraded jessie mainline to stretch on cubietruck a while ago. This is the standard debian procedure. I followed this guide and in the end I changed (jessie to stretch) /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.list, and other source lists. All went flawlessly.