BPI M2 Headless Desktop at startup

Thunder

I am new to Armbian and I have been using Jessie on BPI M2 for a couple weeks now but I can't seem to get it to automatically boot into desktop mode when no monitor is connected.  It always seems to go right into command line.  I have a number of pieces of software that have a GUI and need to run under desktop mode right off the bat that I would like to have at startup.  I have been doing a lot of searching and have been wondering if it is a frambuffer issue.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Monitor or no monitor it should do into desktop. There must be some other problem. Are you using our desktop build or you did something on your own?

The system will start into Desktop Mode if a monitor is connected but it won't do it without a monitor connected.  If it is in desktop mode and I remove the monitor connection it drops out of desktop mode and reverts to command line.  I am using the Armbian Jessie version for the BPI M2.  I loaded Pixel on as the Desktop.  No errors or issues it just won't run headless.