Access Point problem with Orange Pi Zero 2+ H3

Joubix_01

Hi,

It's been a while that I'm trying to activate the AP of the OP Zero 2+ but in vain. I already succeded activating it on the OP Light using hostapd.conf and interfaces.conf, but when I tried the exact same configuration on OP Zero 2+ the AP didn't work. 

I tried a lot of solutions found in the internet, but none of them seem to work.

Please any help would appreciated !

We are not clairvoyant or mind readers :P Please describe your setup as best as possible so we know what your operating environment is like.

1. Logs, when you can boot the board: armbianmonitor -u (paste URL to your forum post)

2. If your board does not boot, provide a log from serial console or at least make and attach a picture, where it stops.

3. Describe the problem the best you can and provide all necessary info that we can reproduce the problem.

Thank you for your quick response :). Yeah sorry for not being precise enough in my previous post :P.

Actually, the board boots normally and the OS is updated and upgraded. This is the given URL after typing ‘armbianmonitor -u’:  http://sprunge.us/HYDX

Below you can find the files ‘hostapd.conf’ and ‘interfaces.conf’.

I also disabled the networkmanager services:

systemctl stop NetworkManager.services

systemctl disable NetworkManager.service

After typing the following command: sudo /usr/sbin/hostapd /etc/hostapd.conf       

I get:

Configuration file: /etc/hostapd.conf

nl80211: Could not re-add multicast membership for vendor events: -2 (No such file or directory)

Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr e0:76:d0:df:41:bc and ssid "ARMBIAN"

wlan0: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED

wlan0: AP-ENABLED

Even though it is written that the AP is enabled, I can’t see my hotspot on the list of wireless networks !!

hostapd.conf

interfaces.conf

This driver need special treatment - you need to load module with a parameter op_mode=2 

This should solve the problem.

echo 'options dhd op_mode=2' >/etc/modprobe.d/ap6212.conf
rmmod dhd && modprobe dhd

Hi,

Thank you again for your response.

After typing the suggested command, I got the following error message:

libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod-config.c:635 kmod_config_parse: /etc/modprobe.d/ap6212.conf line 1: ignoring bad line starting with 'option'

Hi,

Could you please post some iperf results you get with with orange pi zero 2+. I am willing to buy this board, I already own an opi zero first generation, and its wireless drivers are very poor and I do get 5,6Mbps (about 0.6MB/s) tranfer speed at max. Thank you!

7 hours ago, mojpismonosa said:

Could you please post some iperf results you get with with orange pi zero 2+. I am willing to buy this board, I already own an opi zero first generation, and its wireless drivers are very poor and I do get 5,6Mbps (about 0.6MB/s) tranfer speed at max. Thank you!

Wireless chip and driver on Zero #1 are low quality/shit, while on Zero2 you can find standard quality wifi chip. More or less the same version is used on many boards including Cubietruck, RPi3, Nanopi AIR, ... the best what you can get on board. Beware: Zero2 does not have ethernet ... if you need it.

I can give you (real world) test within my temporal network setup. My "router" is Cubietruck with two wireless cards, one internal, which is connected to the main router and 4G phone as a backup. On the internal side, I have USB based RT5370. Opi Zero2 uses a stock antenna, sits around 15 to 20 meters away and there is one concrete wall in between:

Spoiler

root@orangepizeroplus2:~# iperf3 -c 172.24.1.1
Connecting to host 172.24.1.1, port 5201
[  4] local 172.24.1.84 port 42258 connected to 172.24.1.1 port 5201
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr  Cwnd
[  4]   0.00-1.00   sec  4.94 MBytes  41.4 Mbits/sec    0   74.9 KBytes       
[  4]   1.00-2.00   sec  4.76 MBytes  39.9 Mbits/sec    0   83.4 KBytes       
[  4]   2.00-3.00   sec  4.49 MBytes  37.7 Mbits/sec    0   86.3 KBytes       
[  4]   3.00-4.00   sec  4.57 MBytes  38.4 Mbits/sec    0   91.9 KBytes       
[  4]   4.00-5.00   sec  5.05 MBytes  42.3 Mbits/sec    0   96.2 KBytes       
[  4]   5.00-6.00   sec  4.53 MBytes  38.0 Mbits/sec    0   96.2 KBytes       
[  4]   6.00-7.00   sec  4.81 MBytes  40.4 Mbits/sec    0    146 KBytes