User configuration issue

hanni76

Hi guys

setting variables like MAINLINE_KERNEL_SOURCE in userpatches/lib.config does not change anything in the build.

Is this fine ? What is the correct place to update this variable ?

Thanks

Just now, ssuloev said:

I also noticed that sun6i.conf is not applied for banana pi m2 while it should..

We only support mainline kernel for M2 (sunxi-next) ...sun6i / a31 legacy kernel was never implemented ... and will never be, at least we don't have any plans for that.

Yes, I am talking about mainline... 

Looks like "linuxfamily" is forcibly set to "sunxi" instead of "sun6i".. 

Do you think it is correct ?

How will you handle device tree dts compilation  for bananapi then ? 

I think sunxi_common.inc has to be changed ...  Otherwise we can't handle sun5i, sun6, sun7i etc

10 minutes ago, ssuloev said:

Looks like "linuxfamily" is forcibly set to "sunxi" instead of "sun6i".. 

Do you think it is correct ?

Yes, it's correct because all 32-bit sunxi boards share a single supported mainline kernel configuration (sunxi-next). For the development kernel only H3 has a separate configuration (sun8i-dev), all others share a single sunxi-dev config, which is, BTW, pretty much not maintained.

57 minutes ago, ssuloev said:

Where should I override it ? in lib/config/sources/ files?

Either in userpatches/lib.config or in userpatches/sources/sunxi.conf, but you should use if..fi conditions tied to the BOARD and BRANCH that you want to affect

Just now, ssuloev said:

Can you explain, please, how build framework decide which board dts  file should be used as default for resulting image ?

Default DTB is defined in u-boot configuration.

3 minutes ago, ssuloev said:

Can you explain, please, how build framework decide which board dts  file should be used as default for resulting image ?

U-boot defconfig for each board defines the DT name. In case of BPi M2 it is sun6i-a31s-sinovoip-bpi-m2.dtb defined here: http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=configs/Sinovoip_BPI_M2_defconfig;h=a2cadbc271571df6b0e73e6d4992d29e06aa3382;hb=d85ca029f257b53a96da6c2fb421e78a003a9943#l7

I still think there should be a more flexible way to enable sun5i, sun6i, etc specific builds without changing sunxi_common.inc file...

When I change default script files I always get annoying warnings.