Orange Pi Plus 2 and SATA

Andro

OK, so I downloaded images for the Orange Pi Plus, and the Orange Pi Plus 2. Both boot nicely, but neither can see the SATA drive, a known working unit. I am using the officially supplied 5V 3A power supply.

I have successfull built many images for the pcDuino 3. But using compile.sh to build a user image for the Orange Pi Plus 2, or the plain Plus, the system will not boot in either case and simply presents a blank screen, filled with orange, and no text. What is the explanation for this?

Why can't the system see its SATA drive? How does one debug this? There is not a single mention in the system log via journalctl or dmesg referrging to anything other than the eMMC storage.

SOLVED - I am using a combined 5V and SATA cable sold for use with the pcDuino. I checked the polarity of the 5V connector, and sure enough, it is reversed on the Orange Pi Plus 2 compared to the pcDuino. Swapping the pins to give the correct polarity on the Orange Pi completely solves the problem. There was no software configuration required. This may be useful for others to know in the future.

As to the orange screen and no response from builds with compile.sh, that matter still remains. Any clues, anybody?

9 minutes ago, Andro said:

As to the orange screen and no response from builds with compile.sh, that matter still remains. Any clues, anybody?

For that we would need to peek into logs, build and boot one.