ASUS Tinker Board - no audio headphone jack

Pat Byers

I've installed the Armbian distro for Tinker Board, updated it, fiddles with PulseAudio settings, added Codecs but for the life of me I can't get any audio from the headphone jack. Hopefully someone can suggest a solution. TIA.

Given the reboot/bt issues I haven't worked out how to make this default in the user space, it's part of the build system I'm not acquainted with.  There's also a sampling issue of some sort, certain sources send horrible screeching garbage out of the jack.  That's also happened to me using I2S with this board.  I don't know what HDMI would do.

On 7/24/2017 at 11:12 PM, TonyMac32 said:

Given the reboot/bt issues I haven't worked out how to make this default in the user space, it's part of the build system I'm not acquainted with.  There's also a sampling issue of some sort, certain sources send horrible screeching garbage out of the jack.  That's also happened to me using I2S with this board.  I don't know what HDMI would do.

This sounds like a familiar issue I have with my Rock64 sample too, there seems something wrong with the sampling clock for the analog audio codec...