A Brief Guide: Getting Started with ClearFog Base

nightseas

Hey guys,

I've written a brief guide of getting ARMBIAN running on ClearFog Base, hoping it will be helpful for new bees.

getting_started_with_clearfog_base.md

It's like a note of how I was managed to write images and to boot ARMBIAN from USB, eMMC, or SATA SSD. And some details of A388 SoC boot selection.

The guide is based on ARMBIAN 5.30 and ClearFog Base + A388 SoM with eMMC, and I believe that all the steps were verified, although I've tried several versions of ARMBIAN (both Deibian and Ubuntu) and got lots of boot failure.:(

If there's any mistake in the guide, or there's a better way getting things done, please make comments here.

Thanks & best regards.

2 hours ago, chwe said:

Armbian doesn't recommend dd to burn a image to sd cards cause it doesn't check integrity after writing the image to the SD-Card.

Yep, that's why I only put it as an alternative option. Maybe I should use the term "if you insist".

18 minutes ago, Igor said:

One option is to dd back (read) and compare.

Even though it's off-topic, I'm using dd with verifying for unattended writing images to SD cards on a build host.

20 hours ago, nightseas said:

If there's any mistake in the guide, or there's a better way getting things done, please make comments here.

Not a mistake, but putting the u-boot on a SPI flash can be used to boot images from USB if for some reason you want to store rootfs on USB drive instead of SD/eMMC.