Customize boot.cmd

hanni76

Hello guys

is there a way to customize boot.cmd without changing any git-controlled files ? For example, I would like to setenv console to null. 

I found the file lib/config/bootenv/sunxi-default.txt but I have no idea how to override it in my userpaches folder.

Thanks

20 minutes ago, ssuloev said:

I found the file lib/config/bootenv/sunxi-default.txt but I have no idea how to override it in my userpaches folder.

In customize-image.sh you can use echo or sed -i to add/change the environment file (/boot/armbianEnv.txt) or the boot script itself (/boot/boot.cmd). I would not recommend to try to change the whole boot script, but it's possible - if you put your version in userpatches/overlay/ it will be accessible from /tmp/overlay from customize-image.sh

Thanks for the answer..

But it seems like I can't go that way.

I need to disable console and I thought I would be able to do that by setting console=null but after analyzing boot.cmd I see that it is not possible.

So now the question  is: how can I disable console so that boot messages are not displayed and login prompt is not visible ?

I should be able to only login by ssh. I need to run a linuxfb application and so I don't need the console.

1 hour ago, zador.blood.stained said:

In customize-image.sh you can use echo or sed -i to add/change the environment file (/boot/armbianEnv.txt) or the boot script itself (/boot/boot.cmd). I would not recommend to try to change the whole boot script, but it's possible - if you put your version in userpatches/overlay/ it will be accessible from /tmp/overlay from customize-image.sh

If I replace boot.cmd  in customize-image.sh will  *.scr file be built too ?

I have finally ended up with the following patch:

diff --git a/include/configs/sunxi-common.h b/include/configs/sunxi-common.h
index 9b514ff..a09a3da 100644
--- a/include/configs/sunxi-common.h
+++ b/include/configs/sunxi-common.h
@@ -518,6 +518,7 @@ extern int soft_i2c_gpio_scl;
 #endif

#define CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS \
+       "silent=1\0" \
        CONSOLE_ENV_SETTINGS \
        MEM_LAYOUT_ENV_SETTINGS \
        DFU_ALT_INFO_RAM \