Upgrade kernel fails

schoolbian

Hi,

I wanted to upgrade armbian today, but unfortunately I get a lot of errors:

... (many same errors before)

dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 unable to remove newly-extracted version of `/usr/src/linux-headers-4.11.6-sunxi/include/acpi/acpi_bus.h': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-extracted version of `/usr/src/linux-headers-4.11.6-sunxi/include/acpi/acpi.h': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-extracted version of `/usr/src/linux-headers-4.11.6-sunxi/include/acpi/acoutput.h': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-extracted version of `/usr/src/linux-headers-4.11.6-sunxi/include/acpi/acnames.h': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-extracted version of `/usr/src/linux-headers-4.11.6-sunxi/include/acpi/acexcep.h': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-extracted version of `/usr/src/linux-headers-4.11.6-sunxi/include/acpi/acconfig.h': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-extracted version of `/usr/src/linux-headers-4.11.6-sunxi/include/acpi/acbuffer.h': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-installed version of `/usr/src/linux-headers-4.11.6-sunxi/include/acpi': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-extracted version of `/usr/src/linux-headers-4.11.6-sunxi/include/Kbuild': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-installed version of `/usr/src/linux-headers-4.11.6-sunxi/include': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-extracted version of `/usr/src/linux-headers-4.11.6-sunxi/Module.symvers': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-extracted version of `/usr/src/linux-headers-4.11.6-sunxi/.config': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-installed version of `/usr/src/linux-headers-4.11.6-sunxi': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of `/usr/share/doc/linux-headers-next-sunxi/copyright': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of `/usr/share/doc/linux-headers-next-sunxi/changelog.Debian.gz': Read-only file system
 unable to securely remove '/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci': Read-only file system
 unable to securely remove '/var/lib/dpkg/reassemble.deb': Read-only file system
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-image-next-sunxi_5.32_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 error ensuring `/var/lib/dpkg/reassemble.deb' doesn't exist: Read-only file system
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-u-boot-bananapi-next_5.31_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 error ensuring `/var/lib/dpkg/reassemble.deb' doesn't exist: Read-only file system
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/sudo_1.8.10p3-1+deb8u4_armhf.deb (--unpack):
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/sunxi-tools_1.4.2-1~armbian5.31+1_armhf.deb (--unpack):
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/unzip_6.0-16+deb8u3_armhf.deb (--unpack):
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...
dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
 unable to flush updated status of `man-db': Read-only file system
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
E: Failed to write temporary StateFile /var/lib/apt/extended_states.tmp

Why is there a read-only file system?? Upgrades/Updates worked before flawlessly.

server@bananaserver:~$ mount
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=10240k,nr_inodes=125346,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=204828k,mode=755)
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on / type ext4 (ro,noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro,commit=600)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls,net_prio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,pids)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=23,pgrp=1,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,relatime)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /mnt/nas-speicher type ext4 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
tracefs on /sys/kernel/debug/tracing type tracefs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /run/user/1000 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=102416k,mode=700,uid=1000,gid=1000)

Any help on how to solve this issue is very welcome!! :-)

Thank you for reading!

schoolbian

...teacher and "admin" in primary school :-)

Okay, I will try another SD and check the bad one with f3. Maybe I'll get some errors. Thank you!

[Results]

Formatted the SDcard and checked with f3write and f3read. Showed no corrupted sectors. SDcard seems to be okay.

Hi Igor!

I think I have found the cause for my error! Unfortunately, I can not reproduce the error, as I have already deleted the SDcard. So, what might be the cause? After I created an image-file (with dd) the day I finished to configure armbian to my needs, I ran pishrink on that image. PiSHrink reduces an image (of a Raspberry image) file from ~16 GB to about 2-4 GB. I had to copy the reduced image file once again on my SDcard, as I had some problems and didnt have time to find out the error. BUT the reduced image file didnt repartition itself on the first start of Armbian! This is done automatically with raspi-config. Okay? Raspi-config isnt part of Armbian, that's why the partitions stayed small sized and Armbian went into free space issues. This might have caused the problem I had!

PiShrink: https://github.com/Drewsif/PiShrink

Greetings

schoolbian

P.S.

Maybe someone creates something like PiShrink for Armbian??