/etc/armbian-image-release

/etc/armbian-release

/etc/hostname

/etc/hosts
systemctl restart systemd-logind.service

Safe and worth doing it?

59 minutes ago, Igor said:

Safe and worth doing it?

While I don't know what could happen if we tweak /etc/armbian-* (thinking about future upgrade logic!) I think it's useless since we'll see soon a so called MC1 (my cluster -- the 1 is IMO an indication that there will be more numbers) and at least a HC2 (most probably with 2 SATA ports and also most probably relying on JMS561 -- same as JMS567 but with a SATA port multiplier and stupid RAID modes).

In other words: to do some cosmetic motd changes we would start to check lsusb output for missing Genesys Logic USB hub (not JMS578 being present! This chip will become popular and there's no doubt users will attach external drive enclosures with this bridge to an XU4 since this is one of the recommended USB-to-SATA bridges!) and then also start to differentiate between JMS578, JMS561 and whatever Hardkernel will choose next). This reminds me of the crappy 'H3 board auto detection' situation we tried last year...

BTW: I already tried to get an idea whether an own HC1 image is worth a try (due to consumption savings) but at least with the methods I tried (disabling HDMI/GPU in DT) there's no difference: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=27919&start=50#p200374