rk3066:Issue configuring X over fbdev

rk30_17

Hi, I am trying to run ubuntu 14.04 on a rk3066 SoC. I am having trouble with X not configuring itself properly.

The Screen is limited to left half of the momitor. I may not have the most appropriate driver since I only have fbdev but it is enough for my purposes -general browsing. I dont need 2D/3D hw accelaration etc.

I tried to work driectly with the framebuffer (/dev/fb0) using fbi image viewer and it displays full screen. The resolution reported is correct too -1920x1080 but for some reason Xorg runs at half screen. I cant seem to change x settings via xrandr -it looks like there is a bug in xrandr when fbdev is used.  (google failed to get size of gamma for output default). I should add that the android boot works perfectly running at 1920x1080-60

I dont have any other drivers but I think it should be possible to have X run over fbdev -I guess thats what was being used till better drivers came along.

manuti: Can u share your XOrg.conf if ur using one and what video driver r u using? I have not installed the GPU driver and when I checked yesterday I could not download it. I'm using the 3.0.38 kernel from galland - I assume your using the same too?

Btw if the srcs have been merged into mainline I believe we could just checkout and compile from there? I have not yet checked that and I dont know if  there is a hardware issue but I was planning to look at that at some point

No, my kernel is 3.0.8+ older than galland version.

I saw the new merged commit to the mainline but I'm not considering to spend time compiling or whatever. The boards works for me and ... if it works you don't  need to fix it.

This evening or tomorrow I try to copy xorg.conf and share in paste.bin but I don't have a clear idea about the conf because I don't want to mingle with my config files: https://askubuntu.com/questions/4662/where-is-the-x-org-config-file-how-do-i-configure-x-there

Can you specify what files do you want?

I got the driver -it was not downloading 2 days ago but now it did so I will try it. I will update in a day or two. Hopefully I wont need your conf otherwise I will tell you waht to look  for. (For the 308 it should be at /etc/X11/xorg.conf -thats what their posts say). I will post back in a bit.