Orange Pi Zero H2 Only Red blinking

Alberto Mora

Hi, im trying to get Armbian for Orange Pi Zero (512).

I only have ethernet with a router to SSH. No serial to USB.

- If I try the stable Ubuntu version It powers on with solid Green LED.

- ~1min later Red LED starts blinking (pulse-pulse-stop) in a cycle and nothing happens. There is no discovered device on local net. So i cannot SSH.

- If I try debian stable release device is shown on net as orangepi.home. or something like that but if I try ti SSH -> timeout error. Ping doesn't work at all.  

I have tried other distros like Pulpstone and OpenWRT which work loke a charm but not Debian based.

I tried redownload, md5 is right, other SD card, other Pi Zero(H2), same results. I need a Debian based distro to work with and im lost at this time.

Thanks so much

UPDATE: Dowloaded old Armbian 5.25 (3.4.113-sun8i).

- My Orange Pi was connected to Windows machine. 

- 1 min of boot, now reather thank Red Blinking is now Green blinking at the time Windows sound like new USB device attached: ELMO GMAS (COM4)

- I go Putty serial port COM4 and "ta-da!" orange pi working on USB as never expected

- At some point Green led stops blinking.

- Everything is working right at this momment.

- EDIT: ifconfig shows eth0 as 192.168.1.15 and local network scanner of this ip shows "Compal Broadband Networks CG7486E" so im confused.

- EDIT 2: Confirmed CG7486E is Orange Pi. SSH into the ip and it worked. So now I cannot SSH on USB serial, I think until reboot. I will try it. 

I will try this if it is the same on last Armbian release.

On 10/09/2017 at 6:50 AM, Alberto Mora said:

UPDATE: Dowloaded old Armbian 5.25 (3.4.113-sun8i).

- My Orange Pi was connected to Windows machine. 

- 1 min of boot, now reather thank Red Blinking is now Green blinking at the time Windows sound like new USB device attached: ELMO GMAS (COM4)

- I go Putty serial port COM4 and "ta-da!" orange pi working on USB as never expected

- At some point Green led stops blinking.

- Everything is working right at this momment.

- EDIT: ifconfig shows eth0 as 192.168.1.15 and local network scanner of this ip shows "Compal Broadband Networks CG7486E" so im confused.

- EDIT 2: Confirmed CG7486E is Orange Pi. SSH into the ip and it worked. So now I cannot SSH on USB serial, I think until reboot. I will try it. 

I will try this if it is the same on last Armbian release.

OMG that's happen like that!

But, i only connect to ELMO GMAS port. How baudrate used for communication? 

Dear Alberto.

Thanks for your useful answer.

I tried installing Armian Ubuntu 5.3. For it, I put the card in the device and tried direct ethernet connection.

Not successful, it appears in the list of devices but does not ping and does not connect via SSH.

In Win10 appeared a COM8 communication port over ELMO GMAS driver, as you mentioned earlier.

Now i can connect and enter the user / password but only over COM. How u configure Ethernet to enable ping/SSH?

Thanks.

EDIT

Router DHCP is enable.

ifdown eth0

ifup eth0

Error LOG:

Sending on   LPF/eth0/e6:96:3d:ce:68:c2
Sending on   Socket/fallback
DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 3 (xid=0x77eafe5b)
DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 3 (xid=0x77eafe5b)
DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 7 (xid=0x77eafe5b)
DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 11 (xid=0x77eafe5b)
DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 11 (xid=0x77eafe5b)

(continuos loop)