Bananapi pro bricked

deb2016

Hello,

I run Debian/Jessie on a bananapi pro.

The board suddenly stopped working completely.

When I plug the power supply, the red led shows up (not blinking) and nothing more,  no sign of activity at all, like on screen (hdmi).

It is very surprising as it has been running very well for two years now, with a 5V/3A power supply and a sandisk SD card (like those advised).

I checked that the sd card runs well on my laptop, the filesystem was not broken and no sign of corruption so far, especially in the /boot directory,

no changes made lastly in this directory : latest modification dater are a few months ago.

EDIT: I decided to completely reinstall debian/jessie on the sdcard, following the guidelines, checking the image and burning integrity. Same symptoms.

I also tried to boot with two other power supplies with only the board, nothing connected on usb or sata ports, no sign of activity at all except the red led.

I sometimes had troubles with debian updates, but in this case the hdmi screen is working and I can debug.

Also, I looked into the system logs (on the sd card), no sign of dysfunctioning at all, I just now more or less the last time it booted properly.

The AC power supply is itself plugged on a lightning protector socket.

So I doubt it is the power supply or the sdcard in itself that is causing the issue.

The only change I made lastly is to plug a 2.5" hard drive (wd red) on one usb port, in addition to the one plugged on the sata port.

Could this be the cause ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

8 minutes ago, deb2016 said:

So I doubt it is the power supply or the sdcard in itself that is causing the issue.

I have plenty of top quality dead SD cards around. Trying with another SD card is the first step.

Thanks for your fas t answeer,

That is the next point I want to test, another sd card.

But do you mean it can be dead for the board and "alive" for my laptop ? Indeed, I was able to burn a new image on the sdcard with my laptop.

I fear also this,

I wonder if plugging two hard drives (one on sata and one on usb) could have caused a hardware damage,

especially at boot time when hard drives ask a lot of power ... that would have overwhelmed the board capacity.

Nevetheless I do not want to throw it away before being sure it is not just a sdcard issue.