SDCARD (rootFS) used up 100 %

Giunti

Hi Armbians,

I'm running two identical Cubietrucks with Armbian Jessie systems in headless (very lean) mode without any X-Windows or the like. Both boot from 16GB SD-Cards. Now one of them, which had encountered a number of power failures, suddenly ran out of space on the SD-Card (100% usage of / ), while the other CT only shows 22%.

grafik.png.d2d201ef250fb14158402a0865084de4.png

I ran across this phenomenon, when the system failed to carry out an apt-get update at one point and important services Samba were no longer started. I then searched the root filesystem for culprits but there was nothing suspicious ...

grafik.png.ad03f4b6bdb97fabc3679999e1229296.png

grafik.png.c70a0bd2e33ebb9e8b7db2510cb2e53e.png

So I thought there might be a partial "destruction" of the filesystem caused by the power failures mentioned above. This would most likely mean that I would have to buy a new SD-Card and set up the system from scratch. 

Are there other members of this forum who experienced similar phenomena and might share their (successful) ways to do away with them.

Any remedial hints will be highly appreciated !

Many thanx in advance ...

This is often a problem caused by an external disk not mounted and so $something starting to fill up eg. /Backup on the SD card instead of the disk (since sdb not mounted). Always an idea: umount all external disks and run a 'du -sh /' again.

Thanx a lot !

That did it and I certainly learned a new lesson! And yes it's a cron job, which normally syncs the data files to an external HDD mounted to /Backups, that caused the mount point "/Backups" on sdb to fill up when the external NTFS disk had problems due to power failure.

Of course, I first googled and searched the ARMbian site but my search words received no returns that would address my problem.

Thanx again for your prompt reply.