[lamobo-r1] network konfiguration

Philipp Steininger

Hello,

when initially trying to set up a Router using tidos tutorial with the latest armbian version i miserably failed on the hostapd part.

After some fiddling around, I decided to check /proc/net/dev and found out that the WLAN card was linked to wlan1 instead of wlan0

After changing both the interface and the hostapd.conf I still can't seem to get hostapd to working with the error:

Failed to initialize interface

Currently I'm using the driver from https://github.com/pvaret/rtl8192cu-fixesand my hostapd.conf file is attached.

Is there any problem with my hostapd.conf or is the device used somewhere else?

Thank you in advance and have a nice day.

post-970-0-48414400-1458560974_thumb.png

This is the reason I blocked the update function for the kernel - it will work just like this :-) , may be you could have get it up and running just as it was written and then use the automatic Kernel update?

Your configuration file looks like a little bit of a mix of all available.

If you go in my manual to hostapd, at the end there are some check commands:

1. Stopp hostapd service
  2. hostapd -vv ....  (I cannot remember the excat command you will find it)

You will now see some lines flying by...

The output will be rather long, you can use "Special BBcode" button then 'spoiler' to paste it here.

careful Igor, he has

ht_capab=  all to 40, if he didn't change some code before compilation of hostapd, it can get some error.

You find the explanation in my manual in the hostapd.conf, cannot remember the details.

A good question about power, Philipp - do you have a HDD or SSD already attached to the R1 ?

Hi,

Got it to work now,

Accidently ran the hostapd command instead of the hostapd-rt.

After a restart it would not work with tidos exact Daemon config - replaced the daemon_sbin also with hostapd-rt and it worked after another restart

Is it possible that there is a mistake with your tutorial at that part?

Anyway thanks a lot to both of you

Well, the tutorial is for the excact version of armbian 3.4 Kernel - hostapd and kernel can drive you crazy.

This is the reason that I gave up on Bananian 15.08, I spent a couple hours but it would not work - so I gave up.

However, please comment the part in the document where you expect some error, I will check this.

Thx for coming back with your findings.

Well because there are actually two different hostapd's supplied with the image and the 2 conf files supplied don't work with the other hostapd, I would guess that this would not work for people who just copy and paste from your tutorial because there is nothing mentioned about changing the daemon_sbin in the daemon file( I guess the hostapd, not hostapd-rt is standard)

I looked at that part again, did you make every step, every?

I am also asking you to delete files.

by standard armbian keeps two hostapd files for different devices. We will now remove all these files and create a new one:
cd /etc/
rm hostap* it will only remove the .conf file, not the directory.

nano /etc/default/hostapd
activate the daemon, set the absolute path to your hostapd configuration
DAEMON_CONF="/etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf" # point to configuration file

You change the path to your new .conf file: nano /etc/init.d/hostapd

DAEMON_CONF=/etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf

In this step you create the hostapd.conf file
nano /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf

when you stop the hostapd, you can run this:

check your config file: hostapd-rt -dd /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf