All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. FYI, Kernel 6.8.2 also does not handle usb correctly, so 6.1.43 is the most complete for OPI 5. This is with edge kernels dated Mars-28 Gullik
  3. Today
  4. Bionic, Focal, jammy Noble are all Ubuntu. Buster, Bullseye, bookworm, sid are all Debian versions. You use what you prefer or what fits your tasks best. I use Armbian Jammy on my Rock5B since I use it as main desktop and that's the image that works best for that. On my travel NanoPi R6S I use Armbian Noble because it has a better KDEnlive version to edit and render video's on my cycling trips. On my NAS ZimaBoard I use Noble because it fixes an issue with mounted drives, but could just as well use a debian version. For your tasks I would probably use Armbian Bookworm and install the apps. You probably could use CasaOS on Jammy for these tasks. It is a webinterface that allows you to install and setup docker apps. To install casaOS on Jammy : wget -qO- https://get.casaos.io | sudo bash So both downloadable images are community releases and not official armbian supported images. There is bookworm Debian 12 minimal which has only the essential things to boot a system and set it up. The other is Jammy Ubuntu 22.04 with the Gnome desktop. I would advice to build your own images with the distro version you want.
  5. Hi, did you manage to enable UARTs on orange 3B? I tried to use .dtb and .dtbo from the official orange debian, but it's different kernel version and didn't succeed.
  6. rockchip64-edge (6.8.y): enable CONFIG_RTW88_PCI and all the RTW88 PCI cards rockchip64-edge (6.8.y): enable CONFIG_RTW88_PCI and all the RTW88 PCI cards needed for the Tinkerboard-2 (8822CE) didn't touch SDIO or USB ones View the full article
  7. Description Update odroidxu4-current kernel to 6.1.83. How Has This Been Tested? [x] Reboot of my Odroid HC1 Checklist: [x] My code follows the style guidelines of this project [x] I have performed a self-review of my own code [x] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas [ ] I have made corresponding changes to the documentation [x] My changes generate no new warnings [ ] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules View the full article
  8. There are some x96 max+ that only boot from usb. Have you tried?
  9. dear sir, I tried this image but keeps on rebooting on radxa zero 512mb non emcc version. currently only manjaro Gnome is the only one that partially works. always freezes on manjaro. Is there a known fix Regards Sajeev
  10. Hi im using a x88 pro at least thats what the model states under the tv box. for some reason i cant get any hdmi out signal from the box after flashing the desktop environment versions of this linux install i used the archives and the one that work the best was Debian Bullseye minimal - mainline kernel 5.15.16 this one does not give me a desktop however so thats sorta not what i wanted. not sure why but i cant seem to get the nightly releases working i made sure it was the rk3318 versions too. the goal is to get a working desktop environment working with XFCE as thats one the most lightest weight desktop env i know of. am i missing something? the multi tool is flashed the image is in the images folder i burn said image and when i reboot with out the sd card inserted no signal at all i see a single red led inside the box through its vent that just stays lit. i can work with the debian bullseye but i see its using a older kernal and id like the latest working one if possible at the very least..... any advice?
  11. Yesterday
  12. Step 3 is no longer working, but you can use the following to the same effect: sudo BYPASS_OS_CHECK=true apt install ${PWD}/Downloads/homeassistant-supervised.deb
  13. Yep, it seems that you is this guy actually )
  14. Hi all, Only just found out about Armbian. Looks really useful. Want to use an Orange Pi Zero 3 for Pihole with Unbound and Pivpn. However, i haven't found an answer for when you would use one distro over the other. Also which is what in the download listings? Thank you.
  15. I just got a Rock 3C v1.32 and installed the image Rock-3c-bookworm from the weekly build https://github.com/armbian/community/releases/latest It's working good so far, thanks to everybody working on that project !
  16. @dhlii Thank you so much for the detailed answer. Now I see that you are a much more experienced developer than me. The H3 and H5 processors are pin-to-pin compatible. Theoretically, it is possible to solder one and solder another processor. And it should work.😁Of course it's a joke. Therefore, comparing the DTS sun50i-h5-nanopi-r1s-h5.dts and sun8i-h3-nanopi-r1.dts, I can see many identical nodes of the same name. This comparison will not be difficult for you. I wrote buildroot as an example. There are several such build systems for embedded operating systems. From my point of view, buildroot is not the most convenient to use.
  17. Just installed armbian on an Orange Pi Zero 3. Right of the bat, had it apt updated and tried to install armbian-config. The package is unavailable, though. me@orangepizero3:~$ apt search armbian-config Sorting... Done Full Text Search... Done me@orangepizero3:~$ apt policy armbian-config armbian-config: Installed: (none) Candidate: (none) Version table: me@orangepizero3:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.list deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/armbian.gpg] http://beta.armbian.com bookworm main bookworm-utils bookworm-desktop Having checked the beta.armbian.com, I don't see the `main` pool. Mirrors do have it, though. Very odd!
  18. @going Thanks for the DT information. I did get my nanopi-r1s-h3 working with a nanopi-r1 armbian build. I am not sure why but it did not work the first time I tried. Regardless it is now. That reduces my motivation to start modifying things. But I will look into getting the Device Tree correct later and your directions will be useful. The nanopi-r1 is an H3 device so what I would have to address is the differences between the r1 and the r1s.
  19. @going The short answer is yes, I have used buildroot, but no, not in a long time. In 2003 I ported Linux to the Pico E12 - this is an embedded system on a CF card - I wrote an article in Linux Journal about that project. Linux on the E12 was so tiny that Buildroot which I do not think existed at the time would have been a nuclear weapon. I had a very rudimentary installation - beyond the kernel. I beleive that I used Busybox at the time. I have used Buildroot - and similar tools in the past. Over the last 20 years my embedded linux work gets less embedded each year. That is not my choice, that is determined by the demands of my clients. Most recent embedded Linux projects are something like - We have a custom board that is basically a Beagle Bone Black - or some similar common reference design. with a couple of additional sensors. So pretty much all I end up doing is writing and testing an app - usually on a laptop, that then runs on their "embedded" device. Plus some device tree mods for their hardware differences and MAYBE modifying a device driver to support custom hardware. I have not needed to use buildroot in years. I am doing less and less embedded linux work and more and more deeply embedded work - that is not a choice - though I have no problem with it. It is driven by the market. People hire me more frequently for IoT work on STM32's or ESP32's or similar devices. That work more closely resembles the Linux work I did for the E12 in 2003 - except that the E12 was far more difficult, there were no debuggers, and getting the transition to virtual memory working totally blind as pretty difficult. My resurgent interest in Armbian is less driven by Customers - I have used Armbian on products for Clients. And more as a tool for IoT development. I have several concurrent projects and increasingly I am using some BBB or Hummingboard or OPI as the computer that it connected to the embedded IoT device I am working on. So I write software on my desktop or laptop. SSH into an OrangePiOne that is connected to a IoT device, used the OPI1 to flash the IoT device as well as to lot serial output and in some cases to simulate inputs. Sometimes when I do not care about build times - I will even build the software on the Armbian host. I have a post install script that I run that sets up very similar environments on most of my linux devices - so that If I move from my laptop to my desktop to my router, to my servers, to the array of embedded linux devices - I have the same environment. I use Debian on all my large systems - and that means Armbian is suitable for the embeded linux devices. I develop almost entirely from the command line - because that process is the nearly same everywhere. So I am here asking questions about my nanopi-r1s-h3, Because I am re-purposing a device bought for a forgotten project into a host for an ESP32 project I am currently working on. It is either that or add another Dell R415 into my Rack - and that uses far more power, and cant be directly connected to a device that is in the ceiling or behind a wall.
  20. I've found information on how to use your own IR remote controller from this site: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=44671 In short: 1. Enable logging from the IR kernel module, enter in a terminal: sudo -i echo 1 > /sys/module/rockchip_pwm_remotectl/parameters/code_print dmesg -w 2. Check if your remote is supported by pressing the keys on your remote. It should give you info like: [ 3485.342354] USERCODE=0xfb04 [ 3485.369309] RMC_GETDATA=fd 3. Download the overlay file below and edit the usercode and the code for each key. So for like with the key above it'll be 0xfd 4. Place the header file "rk-input.h" in the same directory as the overlay file. In my case the location is "/usr/src/linux-headers-6.1.43-vendor-rk35xx/include/dt-bindings/input/rk-input.h" 5. Compile and install with: cpp -nostdinc remote.dts remote-precompiled.dts sudo armbian-add-overlay remote-precompiled.dts remote.dts
  21. Hello! I have [ Oprange Pi plus ]. I need Armbian_20.05.1_Orangepipc_buster_current_5.4.43_desktop.img Please help me! Yours sincerely Leonid
  22. Mmh, ok but how can I do that if it panic before reaching the login?
  23. just tried today build Armbian_community_24.5.0-trunk.306_Orangepipc2_bookworm_current_6.6.23_minimal still broken
  24. Description Two kernel branches have been added to 8250, as some of its features were compromised in 6. x, the latest branch is needed for testing Jira reference number [AR-9999] How Has This Been Tested? Both kernels were compiled on UMI and passed [x] Legacy [x] Edge Checklist: Please delete options that are not relevant. [x] My code follows the style guidelines of this project [x] I have performed a self-review of my own code [x] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas [x] My changes generate no new warnings [x] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules View the full article
  25. I think that in the first step it is enough to compile only the kernel and install it into an existing OS. You have published a stack dump of the kernel panic. But to say something definite, I need to see this particular kernel source code.
  26. You mean to compile myself an Armbian image? Thanks! I'll give it a shot.
  27. Is there something I could do to help? I have several opi 5, and can set one up... Gullik
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines