All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I did some diff'ing of u-boot code against the existing public sources back in August and while the total changeset is rather huge, most of the complexity added is associated with the recovery system that Realtek implemented. I think it should be possible (and IMHO beneficial) to isolate the smaller set of changes that provide actual board support and port them to a more modern u-boot (ideally mainline) and then you don't smack your head against the recovery stuff all the time. https://github.com/chewitt/u-boot/commits/bpiw2 has my low-quality u-boot n00b hacking to try and clean-up the boot process to reduce noise and increase comprehension of what's going on. The include/configs/rtd1295_common.h file is where the current u-boot env is set. The single biggest thing that would be useful is git history.. but that's unlikely, although I will submit the nag via some realtek people I tracked down via LinkedIn.
  3. Yesterday
  4. Found an old (2015) Ugoos UT3+ / UT3 Plus with an rk3288 - the neat thing about this board is it has HDMI-IN ! Also has PIP Specs: I'm was eventually able to successfully screen capture @ 1920 x 1080 ~29 fps using the Android 5.1.1 firmware V3.0.7 for UT3+ https://mega.nz/#!cQpl0ICS!8EgHddI3_PXQsSe-TSrkHfxdHCmkbckNWBYuLhfuA7w The firmware crashes frequently and the painful part is the IR remote is required to start recording.. so I'll be porting gentoo / armbian to this device to turn this paper weight into a linux friendly screen capture device. It maybe also worthwhile to document the process and create an armbian porting guide. Aside, for those interested, its worth to mention the LKV373A HDMI / ethernet sender is a potential $30 HDMI screen capture alternate.
  5. e97

Wayland on ARM SBCs

Anyone seen any Wayland demos / guides for ARM SBCs ?
  6. well this part will be for sure off topic but: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt thankfully I don't have to give legal advises but I think you can have a 'confidential' document how to use your GPL derived code (and documentation is somehow a 'how to'). Is it a practice I support, for sure not but it is what it is. Luckily some companies decided to push further into making such stuff public (e.g. rockchip having a wiki, and opened a bunch of their kernelcode so that we can really work with, others like mediatek started to actively push their drivers to mainline as well - I hope others follow this way, it makes their SoCs just more useful in the long term). But back to topic, I might dive into the w2 adventure in the future I just need to sort out a few things cause I'm definitively not up to date here (actually this was some sort of a follow up after my work on the mt7623n which worked quite well in the end - well nobody here was really interested in the work in the end, but I got it more or less properly working with a mainline kernel in the end). As far as I understand the boot-process (and please correct if I'm wrong). There's a 32 bit bootloader (u-boot) supposed to chain-load the 64 bit u-boot somewhere in between the tools from them also provided the pieces of ATF needed (it's not really an isolated atf source right? this must come somewhere out during u-boot building I guess but I didn't dive into those sources right now to figure out what happens here and I'm rather unfamiliar with ATF, ). Finally, the 64 bit u-boot fires up the kernel with current limitations that this has to sit either in a squashfs or fat? (here things get messy in my head ). And there's some sort of rescue tools if you mess up with the SPI NOR to recover if you mess up there (before I really want to dive into this, I'm a uboot plumber by try and error not by complete understanding and for sure I'll mess it up more than once... ). For me as a armbian oriented plumber, it's obvious that the final u-boot needs to be able to load a kernel and a rootfs from an ext4 (I assume a 2015 u-boot should be capable to learn this, it's just a bit of tweaking needed (the mediatek u-boot for mt7623 was a 2014 version and finally also able to do this, wasn't that much work, once you figured out how outdated u-boots work). I won't repeat a fat adventure as I did with my experiments with the RPi 4 on 64 bit images built with armbians buildscript (yes, this stuff was never published and Images were never distributed, so no GPL issues here.. - and just in case someone asks, it's not gonna happen that I'll push this on github, too much mess in the buildscript to get out a barely working image - probably don't even have the branch anymore). But at least I need some hints how to recover a broken SPI once I'm there before trying heavy modifications on this side. So if one of you can summarize this a little bit, I would like to read it.
  7. Seems to be fixed now. Using ayufan's U-Boot 1065 I had no trouble restarting the board three times in a row. Also multiple times last week. I hope this isn't just a "good phase", but right now, it looks fine.
  8. Yeah, I've used it quite a lot in other systems before, unless the die has cracked over time I'm inclined to think it's ok. Though since I made this post it seems to be working as normal. Strange. So maybe this can be marked as fixed for now. Don't really know what fixed it.
  9. Hello @balbes150, I have the following observations to share. Observation with X96Max (S905x2 2gb ram 16gb eMMC). Request for your help to resolve. Flashed 5.96 (& also latest dated 20-Sep) image on SD card. Edited uEvn.ini and set the dtb_name=/dtb/meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb Also tried with dtb_name=/dtb/meson-g12a-x96-max.dtb Successfully booted with Armbian Linux However, only ethernet is shown. Wireless lan (wlan0) is not detected at all. Not detecting usb wifi adapter too Few other observations from 5.96 Armbian_Buster_desktop: dhcpcd, dnsmasq are not available by default Specific to Ubuntu_Bionic image: When tried to install with "apt-get install", gets an error like "ports.ubuntu.com" is not available Tried this for few days assuming the portal is down. But unable to install packages on ubuntu builds Chrome: I'm trying a webrtc solution and browser show errors like video codecs are not available I remember the same webrtc solution worked with 5.91 build The codecs are VP8, H.264. Not sure of why the webrtc library complains that codecs are missing Regards, Krishna
  10. I sort-of object to the word "published" when GPLv2 code is offered from a private repo with docs marked "Realtek Confidential" .. but I guess it's a form of progress?
  11. stop booting from UART console Is it to press some key on the keyboard or close TP50265 and GND?
  12. Igor

RK3399 Orange Pi

https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-rk3399/ Which step is unclear?
  13. https://www.google.com/?q=Linux kernel compilation debugging Inspect the line where error is reported. Armbian build system seems to work - yesterday automated build was successful: https://dl.armbian.com/tritium-h5/nightly/ Its possible that something broke upstream during a day ... but that will have to wait.
  14. So how to boot from a flash drive after installing Armbian in eMMC. If possible in detail, step by step. Sorry inexperienced user.
  15. I have another board BananaPi - not BananaPi PRO and have erroros: arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20.dtsi:1126.20-1132.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/pwm@1c20e00: Reference to non-existent node or label "pwm0_pins_a" also defined at arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20-bananapi.dts:280.6-284.3 arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20.dtsi:1126.20-1132.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/pwm@1c20e00: Reference to non-existent node or label "pwm1_pins_a" also defined at arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20-bananapi.dts:280.6-284.3 arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20.dtsi:1371.21-1382.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/i2c@1c2b800: Reference to non-existent node or label "i2c3_pins_a" also defined at arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20-bananapi.dts:168.7-182.3 ERROR: Input tree has errors, aborting (use -f to force output) make[1]: *** [arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20-bananapi.dtb] Error 2 make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... sun7i-a20-bananapi.dts
  16. should this not be : sudo picocom -b 115200 /dev/ttyUSB0
  17. Hi all. For a new video I've made a list with my most used/useful terminal commands. Please let me know what I've missed, or which commands you use most. Useful Linux commands for Ubuntu/Debian --------------------------------------- Update/Install -------------- sudo apt update Update repolists sudo apt upgrade Upgrade system/programs sudo apt autoremove Remove obsolete programs sudo apt install programName Install program sudo apt remove programName Remove program sudo aptitude install When having issue's with apt, aptitude can help to solve this sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade Update and upgrade together/You can run multiple commands with && Root user --------- sudo passwd Change root password su Super User/Enter root user Debug/Monitor ------------- dmesg Shows debug messages uname -a Shows basic system information env Shows the environment information htop Hardware monitor kill programNameToKill Kills application CPU Tools --------- taskset -c 3 programName Use a specific core for an application lscpu | grep MHz Show cpu frequency cpufreq-set -g performance Set governor to performance cpufreq-set -u 2Ghz Set max frequency for all cores cpufreq-set -c 0-1 -u 1.8Ghz Set max frequency for specific cores Files/Directories ----------------- nano /home/fileToRemove.txt Create a txt file with Nano. You could use any other texteditor. cat /home/fileToRemove.txt Shows the content of a file cp /home/fileToRemove.txt /home/copy.txt Copy file find /home/ -iname "*.txt" Search files that end with .txt comm /home/fileToRemove.txt /home/copy.txt Compare files rm /home/fileToRemove.txt Remove file mv /home/copy.txt ~/Documents/ Move file mkdir /home/directoryToGoTo/ Create directory cd /home/directoryToGoTo/ Go to directory ls List directory cd .. Go to the above directory rmdir /home/directoryToGoTo/ Remove directory wget http://www.website.com/file.txt Download file Mount drives/USB Devices ------------ lsusb List USB devices lsblb List attached drives mount /mount/mountedDisk /dev/sda2 Mount drive df -a List all filesystems Reboot/Shutdown --------------- sudo reboot Reboot sudo shutdown now Shutdown Wifi ---- sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces and write: auto wlan0 iface wlan0 inet dhcp wpa-ssid {ssid} wpa-psk {password} OR nmcli device wifi rescan Scan for available wifi networks nmcli device wifi list Show available wifi networks nmcli device wifi connect SSID-Name password wireless-password Connect wifi ip a Show ip ifconfig iwconfig Change Keyboard Layout ---------------------- sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration Set keyboard layout Switch terminal --------------- ctrl + ALT + F4 (F1 - F6) Open new terminal 4 ctrl + ALT + F1 Go back to terminal 1 ctrl + ALT + F7 Go back to desktop Others ------ reset Clear terminal shift + page up Scroll up shift + page down Scroll down tab Autocomplete ctrl + c Quit for many programs date Show date/time Armbian ------- sudo armbianmonitor -m sudo armbian-config Made by NicoD
  18. [ error ] ERROR in function compile_kernel [ compilation.sh:382 ] [ error ] Kernel was not built [ @host ] [ o.k. ] Process terminated == kernel == Error: arch/arm/boot/dts/axp209.dtsi:51.1-8 syntax error FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree make[1]: *** [arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20-bananapi.dtb] Error 1 make: *** [dtbs] Error 2 make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... How to solve this?
  19. Bad or fake SD card is one of the most frequent (generic) issues in this SD card powered world. Did you try different SD card?
  20. I like that they published complete guide how to use HW encoding with ffmpeg together with a patch and libraries
  21. Magicsee N6 Max stable with MIN_SPEED=600000 MAX_SPEED=2208000 GOVERNOR=interactive for /etc/default/cpufrequtils
  22. You reinstall armbian. Run command sudo apt purge iozone3 armbian-firmware Then command sudo armbian-config From the menu you select kernel 5.3? And install it? I did not know a kernel for arm has to be customized for the mainboard.
  23. https://forum.armbian.com/topic/8082-armbian-for-tv-box-rk3328/?do=findComment&comment=81283 I tried the rom of this friend above and directly brushed in A5X MAX +. After the brushing is successful, the device has no response.
  24. Could you please build for me? In this https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/ It only write support bionic
  25. .... first a bridge mode has to be enables back, solve problems, test, test, test implement your ruleset with possible adjustments and test, test, test. I am unable to make big changes ATM. Can only review at best. Wrote on mobile
  26. Igor

RK3399 Orange Pi

There are no buttons, just tiny pads and it is hard to short them. We didn't responsible for hardware design failures and if there would be a simpler way ... Wrote on mobile
  27. If there is none for download you have to build one (xenial only) and hope it works. We stop supporting this board long time ago. Wrote on mobile
  1. Load more activity