All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Evgeny  Dmitrichenko

Orange pi pc2 reboot by him self

Hello, guys. I need help, don`t know what is going on. Yesterday two of my device`s (orange pi PC2) was rebooted by themselves. At different times, in separate areas. In log files I see fact of reboot but don`t see the reason. Temperature was in OK. Power adapter and micro SD card, which I use, in attachment. What should I pay attention? Can it be the reason is unattended upgrades or some armbian cron process? Environment: BOARD=orangepipc2 BOARD_NAME="Orange Pi PC2" BOARDFAMILY=sun50iw2 VERSION=5.67 LINUXFAMILY=sunxi64 BRANCH=next ARCH=arm64 IMAGE_TYPE=custom BOARD_TYPE=conf INITRD_ARCH=arm64 KERNEL_IMAGE_TYPE=Image there is log from one of them: armbianmonitor = http://ix.io/1Gz8 go to reboot at Apr 18 22:52:13 I'm stumped armbianmonitor.txt 0045_kern 0045_syslog
  3. Today
  4. mark-aus-51

Tinkerboard S and Pi-Top CEED

Works well and without any problems! If you then install all the updates and upgrades, and the media script, you have a current well-running operating system on the pi-topCEED. Many Thanks! Cheers Mark
  5. pkfox

SATA project Part IV

I got an invalid argument error with the iozone one unless I removed the -i params
  6. pkfox

SATA project Part IV

root@NewNanoPiM4:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/Raid/sd.img bs=1M count=4096 conv=fdatasync 4096+0 records in 4096+0 records out 4294967296 bytes (4.3 GB, 4.0 GiB) copied, 19.8072 s, 217 MB/s
  7. Tido

Daily (tech related) news diet

boooh, KiCAD takes 5,4Gigabyte of stoarge with all the 3D files. Some news on the developing front, are you also curious how good this Microsoft Visual Studio Code is - people seem to like it! But before you try, watch a 14min video to save time https://youtu.be/0poh_2rBq7E And now you can try and throw it away, if you don't like it... Visual Studio Code 1.33 as Snap-Package direct link https://snapcraft.io/code
  8. FrankM

SATA project Part IV

You can do this sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=sd.img bs=1M count=4096 conv=fdatasync and sudo iozone -e -I -a -s 100M -r 4k -r 16k -r 512k -r 1024k -r 16384k -i 0 -i 1 -i 2 Thanks
  9. pkfox

SATA project Part IV

Not yet Frank, I've set the drives up as a software Raid 5 so any benchmarks would be a bit skewed anyway - what tool do you use for benchmarking ?
  10. FrankM

SATA project Part IV

Nice project. Do you have some benchmarks?
  11. Werner

Adding Debian buster

The wget thing might not be our fault. It seems like there is some trouble around the package. TBH I am not sure how to interpret the information though: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/wget
  12. Images Armbian for N2 is already there and tested, you can freely use. https://forum.armbian.com/topic/7930-armbian-for-amlogic-s9xxx-kernel-41x-ver-555/?do=findComment&comment=76997
  13. LogicalUnit

Nextcloud slow to load

Sorry, by "cold" I meant that the server has been idle for a while.
  14. Igor

Nextcloud slow to load

What do you mean by that? Right after boot? Please provide logs with to see if anything is suspicious there: armbianmonitor -u
  15. Adding more (complex) boards under official support is sadly beyond our capacity. Plans will be possible to make, when a few full timers will operate at Armbian project. Currently there is none: https://www.armbian.com/donate Anyone can start adding it. https://www.armbian.com/get-involved @chwe is creating a "adding manual" based on his experience of adding a new kernel family. Check this to get some picture how this process looks like and what you are asking for. If you plan to try this on your own, this will be a good example to look upon. Have fun!
  16. Hi everyone, I have a Helios 4 running Armbian 5.68 I have set up Nextcloud, and everything is working. However, if the server is "cold" it takes several seconds for the page to load. If the server is "hot" then the page loads immediately. I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to keep the page loading at its fastest speed. I'm confident that it's not due to the hard drive going into standby. I have used the command sudo hdparm -S 0 /dev/sda To disable the hard drive going into standby mode, and confirmed that the slow loading still occurs if the hard drive is active/idle with sudo hdparm -C /dev/sda Any suggestions?
  17. windysea

A64 date/time clock issue

Again - the RTC and the timer in question are two separate entities and are unrelated. The issue here is not with the RTC but with a completely different counter in the SoC. The mainline fix for the timer issue here was formally added to the mainline in the 5.1.y branch for the A64. It has been pulled back to the 5.0.y and 4.19.y branches in various parts between the upstream mainline fork by megous used by Armbian as well as Armbian patches applied on top of that branch. The nightly builds and the packaged kernel updates have had these for a short while, and to see if the workaround from these has been applied and is active you can use: user@pine64:~$ dmesg | egrep -i errat [ 0.000000] arch_timer: Enabling global workaround for Allwinner erratum UNKNOWN1 The 'UNKNOWN1' erratum is the issue in question. There had been a previous fix that had been around for a long time and was part of what eventually became the formal mainline fix. It was the period between these two where this issue had reappeared but should be resolved now. Those are separate from enabling RTC use by the kernel during boot to set the system clock which is a different and independent timer. It should be noted that trying to use 'hwclock -s' after another active process (such as ntpd, chrony, or systemd-timesyncd) has initiated synchronization to the RTC from the system clock can cause issues. NTPd can normally recover but the others perhaps not so much.
  18. @lex

Another interesting thing, i have been running my kernel without any patch related to the issue and have not seen any problem on my NanoPi A64. Although i don't usually run for a long time so the issue could manifest in time. I had a comment about this on linux-sunxi list a long time ago, maybe i was just lucky. I will have a look at your PR.
  19. Try to use a DTS file to add bluetooth reset gpio control to rfkill, but `rfkill list` doesn't show "sunxi-bt". /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "allwinner,sun8i-h3"; fragment@0 { target = <&pio>; __overlay__ { bt_pwr_pin: bt_pwr_pin@0 { pins = "PG13"; function = "gpio_out"; }; }; }; fragment@1 { target-path = "/"; __overlay__ { rfkill_bt { compatible = "rfkill-gpio"; pinctrl-names = "default"; pinctrl-0 = <&bt_pwr_pin>; reset-gpios = <&pio 6 13 1>; clocks = <&osc32k>; clock-frequency = <32768>; rfkill-name = "sunxi-bt"; rfkill-type = "bluetooth"; }; }; }; }; Background: Try to enable bluetooth on Nanopi Neo Air. After a lot of search, get bluetooth work finally. A few details are: 1. enable UART3 and its CTS & DTS. In /boot/armbianEnv.txt, add something like: param_uart3_rtscts=1 overlays=uart3 2. control bluetooth reset pin PG13 3. enable RTC LOSC output I use a script to test: #!/bin/sh # sudo apt install sunxi-tools devmem2 echo 'Enable 32K RTC LOSC output' devmem2 0x1f00060 b 1 echo 'reset bt' sunxi-pio -m PG13=0 sleep 1 sunxi-pio -m PG13=1 sleep 1 echo 'attach' hciattach /dev/ttyS3 bcm43xx 1500000 flow bdaddr 11:22:33:44:55:66 echo 'config' #hciconfig hci0 up To setup RTC LOSC and PG13, we can also use the above DTS file.
  20. windysea

Yes I do have an RTC backup battery attached, but that really only applies when power is physically removed from the board. With just a 'reboot' the RTC remains powered. This particular timer issue also is not related to the RTC - it is a problem with a hardware timer (really just a counter) that is part of the SoC itself. When the symptoms manifest, the kernel (aka "system") time will jump by a multiple of 95 years and after that the kernel is no longer able to sync back to the hardware RTC which is independent. I had also submitted PR #1329 following Kernel config: Change RTC_HCTOSYS as default? which has since been merged. As a result there should be no need to otherwise explicitly use 'hwclock -s' to set the system clock from the RTC anymore. Instead during boot a message should be seen, before even init is spawned indicating the system clock has been set from the RTC: user@pine64:~$ dmesg | grep -w rtc [ 1.975054] sun6i-rtc 1f00000.rtc: registered as rtc0 [ 1.975070] sun6i-rtc 1f00000.rtc: RTC enabled [ 2.031287] rtc-ldo: supplied by regulator-dummy [ 4.079694] sun6i-rtc 1f00000.rtc: setting system clock to 2019-04-19T01:29:14 UTC (1555637354)
  21. @lex

Do you have an RTC backup battery attached to your Pine64?
  22. windysea

Interestingly I've never had a successful run with Andre's test_timer: This board too is a 2GB PineA64+ from the initial Kickstarter campaign. Using the latest DEV pre-built kernel via 'apt upgrade', with the UNKNOWN1 erratum active: I haven't seen any of the known symptoms from this issue (IE: date jump by multiple of 95 years) as long as the erratum workaround is active, but the test_timer has never passed fully. For now I've chosen to leave this aside since I'm not seeing any other symptoms.
  23. Was wondering if there is any plans to support the recently released ODroid-N2 sbc.
  24. martinayotte

You're welcome !
  25. Yesterday
  26. Petee

Thank you Martin. Yes have already installed Docker, Home Assistant, et al on this build a bit at a time over last day...
  27. martinayotte

So, even if you got 1 error with "test_timer", lets pray that in long terms, you wont get any the 95 years jump ... So, you can now proceed to install your own application/use-case ...
  28. Petee

Ahh...thank you Martin... root@ICS-Pine64:~# fdtdump /boot/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-a64-pine64-plus.dtb | grep erra **** fdtdump is a low-level debugging tool, not meant for general use. **** If you want to decompile a dtb, you probably want **** dtc -I dtb -O dts <filename> allwinner,erratum-unknown1; root@ICS-Pine64:/boot/dtb/allwinner# dtc -I dtb -O dts -o sun50i-a64-pine64-plus.dts /boot/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-a64-pine64-plus.dtb sun50i-a64-pine64-plus.dts: Warning (avoid_unnecessary_addr_size): /soc/spi@1c68000/spi-flash@0: unnecessary #address-cells/#size-cells without "ranges" or child "reg" property sun50i-a64-pine64-plus.dts: Warning (graph_child_address): /soc/lcd-controller@1c0c000/ports/port@0: graph node has single child node 'endpoint@0', #address-cells/#size-cells are not necessary root@ICS-Pine64:/boot/dtb/allwinner# nano sun50i-a64-pine64-plus.dts Apologies for being dense here.... Found the timer stuff.. add the line "allwinner,erratum-unknown1;" into that node and save. timer { compatible = "arm,armv8-timer"; allwinner,erratum-unknown1; interrupts = < 0x01 0x0d 0xf04 0x01 0x0e 0xf04 0x01 0x0b 0xf04 0x01 0x0a 0xf04 >; }; It is already there when I looked at the file sun50i-a64-pine64-plus.dts. What do I do next?
  1. Load more activity