All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. chwe

Proof of concept - Realtek 1295

well.. that's one which you can solder without trouble.. @TonyMac32 would probably say I'm wrong.. but I would tin the first pad, press the SPI nor on it and remelt it.. once you have an anchor pad.. the rest is easy..
  3. Today
  4. When do you get that error? What are you trying to do? What is the command line you are using? Can you play videos with the "Rockchip Gstreamer Player" GUI?
  5. xaduha

Hardware Virtualization on H6, orange PI PC 3

Is it enabled in Armbian kernel though? Last I checked it wasn't.
  6. Tanix TX6 is H6 based Android TV Box and it can boot from SD cards prepared with PhoenixCard. It should be possible to make it work with Armbian too, right? I tried a recent Lite2 image, it didn't work, but it also didn't boot main Android, which means SD boot takes priority. I don't think it's a normal behavior for other Android TV boxes, but maybe it is for those with H6 boards.
  7. pkfox

SATA project Part IV

Crucial MX500 1000GB 2.5
  8. FrankM

SATA project Part IV

Thanks. Which ssd you are using?
  9. dolphs

Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

Hi - could someone guide me how to apply vanilla kernels to de dev builds, eg 5.09 or 5.1-rc5 for the H6 OrangePi's please? Currently for OpiOnePlus still 5.07 is being used, TiA!
  10. Similar as for AXP209 http://hardware-libre.fr/2014/11/banana-pi-axp209-battery-power-monitoring/
  11. adogado

RK3288 Media Script (TinkerBoard)

Hello; I have tinker board s . I am using gstreamer , mpph264enc and mppvideodec. I see this error. How can I solve this problem ?. mpi: mpp version: 598cae3 author: Jacob Chen DEBIAN: update rules for release_20171218-2 hal_h264e_api: vcodec type 00000000 can not find H.264 encoder device mpp_hal: mpp_hal_init hal h264e_rkvenc init failed ret -1 mpp_hal: mpp_hal_init could not found coding type 7 mpp_enc: mpp_enc_init could not init hal mpp_rt: NOT found ion allocator mpp_rt: found drm allocator mpp: error found on mpp initialization --------------- hal_h264d_api: Assertion p_hal->vcodec_type & ((0x00000200) | (0x00000001) | (0x00000002)) failed at hal_h264d_init:186 mpp_device: mpp_device_init failed to find device for coding 0 type 7 hal_h264d_api: p_hal->vpu_socket <= 0 mpp_hal: mpp_hal_init hal h264d_rkdec init failed ret -2 mpp_hal: mpp_hal_init could not found coding type 7 mpp_dec: mpp_dec_init could not init hal mpp: error found on mpp initialization
  12. teridotoji

Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 4.1x (>= ver 5.55)

X96 max 4G/32G boot the latest image 5.78 but could not detect EMMC, please take a look the picture It boot OK with original android image or XTM ATV MOD image. How I can install on EMMC?
  13. Tido

Daily (tech related) news diet

Well, I am with GEANY IDE (quick, easy & in armbian) pretty happy too, however I have heard people praise VSC. Which is your favorite Code Editor ?
  14. Staars

Proof of concept - Realtek 1295

Thank you, I already ordered some chips and will check, if I got your recommended sort. Then comes the soldering part ...
  15. ArmBoy1988

M.2 NVMe SSDs for NanoPC-T4

I'm using it headless so I don't need a desktop or video. I'm setting up OpenMediaVault and so far so good. Are you saying that with 4.20.x there are issues with NVMe? I would need to rebuild. Where can I find more info on this. I was having issues with 4.4.x and that's why I went with 4.20.x As for the Samsung, well it's not new, so very reasonably priced, $130 CAD total. The specs are great and I figure I will always be able to use it later. Only about $30 more than the Toshiba I was researching.
  16. pfry

I haven't tried the most recent kernels, but video was a bit spotty with the mainline as of a few months ago. Looks like Rockchip's status page: http://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Status_Matrix ...hasn't been updated recently. Anyway, the 4.4.x has worked well for me, but I... have basic needs (e.g. NVMe not disappearing). Rather like IBM (up to the '80s, at least), nobody gets fired for choosing Samsung SSDs. Pricey (compared to the NanoPC-T4), but reliable.
  17. Yesterday
  18. Thanks for sharing. I don't want to hid my IP address, just be able to reach my machines at home when traveling, and have a more secure network for my daily tasks.
  19. guidol

Orange pi lite 3.5 inch display

check these threads: and
  20. Polararian

Ok do you khow how to install it on armbian?
  21. Igor

Docker-compose version error. odroid-xu4

I am wondering what has this to do with Armbian? Is there any dependency missing?
  22. Igor

NanoPi R1 and Duo2

I was too quick Thanks!
  23. Igor

Here is Armbian support, not Raspbian. https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-lite/ Check below - there is one Waveshare that is tested and works with Armbian out of the box.
  24. armbian-config -> system -> hardware and enable additional usb ports.
  25. Resurrecting old thread... I have an Orange Pi Zero Plus (which seems to be a simple 64-bit update to the Zero), and am trying to use the NAS board with it. Unfortunately, I am not seeing the USB->SATA bridge get probed. Are there any DTS changes needed to enable the board? Has anyone else experienced this issue?
  26. Hi, I bought brand new Waveshare 3.5 inch (A) RPI touch screen and also a opi lite but I have got problem with installing the lcd on my pi , when I plug it in it show me only white back light please help me ( my os is raspbian).
  27. guidol

NanoPi R1 and Duo2

please be aware in your Message-title between the "old" and well supported NanoPi Neo2 (LTS) (=nanopineo2) and the new NanoPi Duo2
  28. ArmBoy1988

Hopefully, I'll be trying a Samsung PM961 512GB soon. I had the possibility to get a Toshiba SSD and I'm choosing not to, at this point, thanks to this thread. It may work, though. I'm going to be trying it with the nightly Armbian Stretch with the 4.20.y kernel. Have others been using this one or the build based on the legacy 4.4.y kernel? I had tried the legacy build but had some issues so I thought I'd try to nightly build to see what happened and so far seems to be working fine.
  1. Load more activity