All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hi all. I've made a new video about how to build your own Armbian image with the Armbian build script. I also show how to set up virtualbox with a Ubuntu 18.04 image. Here's the video. Greetings, NicoD
  3. Received new odroid HC1 today and having issues mounting a seagate 2tb hdd. armbian odroidxu4/Debian_buster_next Seagate HDD 2TB sudo fdisk /dev/sda created new primary partition sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1 mounted drive ( this works and the drive is mounted ) sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/hdd but if i try to mount as user it fails pi@HC1:~$ sudo mount -t uid=pi,gid=pi /dev/sda1 /mnt/hdd mount: /mnt/hdd: unknown filesystem type. sudo mount -o uid=pi,gid=pi /dev/sda1 /mnt/hdd mount: /mnt/hdd: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. sudo mount -t ext4 -o gid=pi,uid=pi /dev/sda1 /mnt/hdd mount: /mnt/hdd: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. output from fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 1.8 TiB, 2000398934016 bytes, 3907029168 sectors Disk model: 001-1RG174 Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes Disklabel type: dos Disk identifier: 0xeea250e5 Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type /dev/sda1 2048 3907029167 3907027120 1.8T 83 Linux If I put the drive on usb/adapter with win7 laptop and format partition with ntfs all works perfectly Why all the issues when formated ext4 and is there a way to solve?
  4. So, finally today I am getting around to pulling trigger on (2x) ODROID-XU4, I go to AmeriDroid (US supplier), put 2 of them in cart and go off looking for emmc modules, only to come across: https://ameridroid.com/collections/storage-emmc-and-microsd/products/emmc-5-1-module-blank Has anyone seen / tested these? My internet search says no, but I thought I would ask anyway. If not, I guess it's my turn now to be the guinea pig. I think I will maybe get one of these and one "regular" emmc...
  5. Ameridroid have ODROID-XU4 back in stock, even though their page for them still says out of stock. I have been corresponding with them via email, they shipped all back orders last week and said they should have (at that time) like 70 more left after all orders were filled.
  6. There are graphical backgrounds? This is my favorite, and the only one I ever saw, prior to opening this thread: ____ _ _ _ _ / ___| _| |__ (_) ___| |_ _ __ _ _ ___| | __ | | | | | | '_ \| |/ _ \ __| '__| | | |/ __| |/ / | |__| |_| | |_) | | __/ |_| | | |_| | (__| < \____\__,_|_.__/|_|\___|\__|_| \__,_|\___|_|\_\ Welcome to Debian Jessie with Armbian Linux 4.19.62-sunxi System load: 1.06 0.64 0.58 Up time: 19:01 hours Memory usage: 28 % of 2010MB IP: 192.168.1.5 10.0.1.5 CPU temp: 35°C Usage of /: 6% of 59G storage/: 9% of 3.6T Last login: Fri Aug 23 01:51:43 2019 from 10.0.1.12 All jokes aside, I probably like the last one (rounded with plain grey background), and also the terra cotta army one mane me smile.
  7. @lanefu, I would add, that a lot of those features (on board video shipping, motion detection) actually seem to be supported in the Dafang hacks software. I think I read somewhere that the dev who wrote it actually worked on their firmware at some point (not sure if true)? Anyway, check out the links for more info. And I'll try and remember to report back how it all goes (although it will likely be some months from now at the rate my work schedule is going).
  8. Thanks for the input, but proprietary software is a non-starter for me. So much so in fact, that I purchase hardware nowadays based on how free/open the driver support (and company/community around it in general) are. In fact, I never even considered purchasing any IP cameras until I came across those ones with the Dafang hacks. I did hear the Zoneminder guy on some Linux podcast a few months back, and it sounded like some more development has been going on of late. Well, I certainly hope, anyway. I have yet to touch it, but I will be knee deep in it here soon enough! :D So, I've got (2x) the fixed (Xiaofang) ones and (1x) PTZ (Dafang) on the way from AliExpress as we speak. The former were only lke $20 something each, and the latter ~$30(!). I can remember what seems like only a few short years ago PTZ cameras being like $500! Anyway, back to topic, I came across this post which nicely summarizes sort of where we are today with regard to SBCs and particularly how open they are which leads directly to how well they are supported by community / Linux which means a good, long term, and stable experience for end users. For now I am going to pull trigger on (1-2) ODROID-XU4, one for dedicated ZoneMinder instance, and the other one for a spare / development / testing platform. I've also ordered a 16 port (8 PoE) gigabit switch, 1000' box of Cat5e (only $38 shipped on eBay, surprisingly!) and some ends, crimping tool, etc... so yeah we will see how it goes!
  9. WG works, thanks! Yesterday I noticed that at least on 4.14 GPIOs doesn't work for me (exports, sets direction without errors, but real output on pins won't change) , but that's story for another thread. I used oldstable (with kernel 3.14.79-cubox) until yesterday so I just found that - need to investigate first.
  10. Hi there, I have a rockpi 4b running armbian bionic. All of a sudden the board did not reboot anymore and gave the following error message.... Any idea if i can fix this and what it is ? Any way to salvage my two days of system setup work ? This is the output i got (see attachment). The only thing i was doing is setting up PLEX and changing the keyboard mapping since that all of a sudden changed back to the wrong layout over RDP (maybe an indication of the problem?) Thank you in advance
  11. Sorry im an idiot and didnt want to post the solution... apparantly the HDMI cable did not reconize the output.
  12. @hexdump Thanks for all testing. I guess Andre will have to figure out Eachlink DRAM bug...
  13. @kitor Try those attached builds. linux-image-cubox_5.94_armhf.deb linux-dtb-cubox_5.94_armhf.deb
  14. Update on stability issues. Sadly, I never discovered a way to make my gstreamer player stop crashing. As I noted in my July 20 2019 post, I created a very stripped down player that loops, but it continued to lock up between 20 and 700 minutes. Happily, I decided to try out the Kodi/LibreELEC player, and spent a couple days porting my looping/GPIO-triggered player to be a Kodi python addon. After a couple 8+ hour runs, I have not seen the crashing issues I saw with gstreamer. I'm not sure if the stability is from the stripped-down LibreELEC OS, or because Kodi is using OpenGL (or is gstreamer also using the OpenGL interface?) But, at least I know have a stable Rock64 4k player.
  15. I'm trying to install my OLED display and having trouble with sys-oled. Specifically it will not run. It is installed. The i2c device has been detected. Still nothing in the display. Ideas?
  16. Hi all, I installed latest image on my X96Max. I have issue with sound. After first time, sound works correctly with HDMI. But today sound does not work. I only see dummy device on output device list. Is any suggestion? Thank you very much!
  17. I got tired of trying to cleanup after the Pine A64/Armbian clock skips and shut off the board for a few months. Then I came across this linux 5.3 patch for the Allwinner clock https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/c950ca8c35eeb32224a63adc47e12f9e226da241 The stock 5.3-rc5 kernel built on the pine64 and installed without much trouble. Its been a day and a half under fairly heavy load (a heavy load would increase the frequency of clock skips) with no skips yet so I am cautiously optimistic. the new clock fix kernel flag is: (already set in the tarball below) CONFIG_SUN50I_ERRATUM_UNKNOWN1=y If someone wants to try this on their own board without having to complie the kernel, I tar'ed up the kernel, modules, and /boot bits. https://donp.org/linux-5.3-rc5-pinea64.tar.xz By moving the /boot symlinks, the board should boot into this kernel: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 Aug 21 2116 dtb -> dtb-5.3-rc5 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Oct 13 2114 Image -> vmlinuz-5.3.0-rc5 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Oct 13 2114 uInitrd -> uInitrd-5.3.0-rc5 haha you can see the timestamps of the symlinks happened after a clock skip. Don
  18. @jernej - i just tested your eachlink dram issue patch from above, but sadly it still reports 3gb with it ... i used current mainline u-boot, plus your h6 plus half-dq patch and the eachlink h6 mini config and dtb from your u-boot tree half-dq test on tx6 mini will follow most probably tomorrow ... update: half-dq patch tested now as well successfully and reported to the u-boot list ...
  19. Thanks for your assistance. I know the knowledge are out there, but I have not found a right way to see them. My knowledge in this stuff is just as beginning, so ... sorry if I was disturbing you.
  20. As on a normal system, the dpkg command from the package with the new kernel. Or you build your own kernel and copy (install) new files into the system
  21. Yes, but the rest use computer brain/memory https://forum.armbian.com/search
  22. so, once armbian is written into EMMC and boots from it, how do we upgrade , later, just the kernel (example from 5.3rcx to 5.3.y) without reflashing the full distro ?
  23. Yeah cause I know mine will work as I have used it on older version of Armbian, 5.25 to be exact. But when I decide to upgrade, I'm stuck at this. So any help would be appreciate. By the way, is the file I am using correct /boot/dtb-4.19.62-sunxi/sun7i-a20-bananapi.dtb ?
  24. I don't know. You will need to investigate/search deeper. IIRC its limited in u-boot. P.S. Its not worth doing that since you play with stability. Some chips will work, other don't.
  25. Grab our build tools, add a parameter EXPERT="yes" and you will be able to build (install-able .deb package) DEV 5.3.y. Probably working, the best modern kernel for RK3399 which exists but still under development and without support. ... more critical and complicated stuff
  1. Load more activity