All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Igor

[RockPro64] Armbian upstream kernel/uboot test?

Thanks! If you plan to keep them concise, then this https://www.armbian.com/rock64/ is best place. Here you can check what is generally expected. If you agree, you get a password on email, the rest - technical details if needed - are written in the dashboard when you login.
  3. balbes150

Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 4.1x (>= ver 5.55)

RK3399 is a much more powerful device.
  4. balbes150

nvidia jetson nano

First impressions of the Armbian Ubuntu (XFCE) desktop are quite good. With a desktop resolution of 1080, all videos and programs run without brakes. Video from YouTube in the browser at 1080 full screen works without brakes. Desktop with 4K resolution works without brakes, but if you run 720-1080 full screen video slows when working on a full screen, when working with native resolution works without brakes.
  5. martinayotte

quick review Banana Pi M3

hmmm ... I guest your best bet is to stay with 4.20.y, at least for now ...
  6. Today
  7. data

H6 Famous Reboot problem

Oh, ok, I am just downloading the latest nightly and will report once I've made a fresh install. Thank you for your support!!
  8. amirul

How's performance compared to RK3399?
  9. BPI_M3-Robs

Hmm. I installed my old linux-dtb-dev-sunxi_5.76_armhf.deb into the new image, but the result is (more or less) unchanged: By the way. The dmesg of the running 4.20.12 is:
  10. uzair

Helios4 Support

@gprovost Yes! That solved the problem. Thanks.
  11. madurani

OrangePiZero AP-wifi authentication issue:

I tried configure one USB-WIFI(which I had home): >>> ID 0bda:8171 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188SU 802.11n WLAN Adapter wlan0 unassociated Nickname:"rtl_wifi" Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Sensitivity:0/0 Retry:off RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off Encryption key:off Power Management:off Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0 Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0 Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0 root@orion2:~# nmcli d DEVICE TYPE STATE CONNECTION br0 bridge connected Bridge wlan0 wifi disconnected -- It should be managed via r8712u module . All look correct, but device stay DOWN and isn't possible to brink it to UP. It look, that will be problem find some USB-WIFI device which will be correct to work with Armbian kernel.
  12. Mathias

[RockPro64] Armbian upstream kernel/uboot test?

@anonymoustemp for me, no matter which kernel I use, USB3 is not stable. With Armbian's 4.4.173, I end up with kernel NULL pointer when performing "heavy" I/O on USB3 (here "heavy" means reading or writing a few Gb of data). With Ayufan's builts (4.20 or 5.0 kernels), I end up with filesystem corruption (and the system must be restarted because it is so messed up). @IgorThanks a lot for your explanations! I was actually wondering if I could offer to write some RockPro64 documentation somewhere in the wiki, Bu I am not sure where it would fit best. Would creating a RockPro64 "hardware notes" section be acceptable to the Armbian community? Thanks anyway for the good work! Mathias
  13. martinayotte

Still unclear to me too ... Since you have a working 4.20.y, maybe you can try to use the DTB from 4.20.y into the 5.0.y SDCard to see if it boot in better way ? At least, that will give some clues ...
  14. NicoD

nvidia jetson nano

Thanks. I expected a bit more out of an A57. Seems about the same performance as A53 at that clockspeed. But the cpu isn't it's main attraction. I'd love one, but I'm gonna pass. A bit too expensive for just buying it to have it. I hope I can always change my mind
  15. BPI_M3-Robs

@ martinayotte: Thanks. This creates a lot of output, but for me the root-cause is still unclear. There is dump related to axp20x-ac-power-supply and many erros like: sun8i-a83t-pinctrl 1c20800.pinctrl: 1c20800.pinctrl supply vcc-pf not found, using dummy regulator
  16. martinayotte

H6 Famous Reboot problem

Yes ! Because I'm pretty sure you still have the old U-Boot ...
  17. martinayotte

Yes ! By making sure that /boot/armbianEnv.txt has "verbosity=7" and "console=serial" ...
  18. balbes150

nvidia jetson nano

https://yadi.sk/i/T-tW2S2JOVDEsw
  19. gprovost

Helios4 Support

@uzair Ahhh we found the issue OMV install watchdog service by default. When the system is put in standby / suspend mode the watchdog is not stopped, therefore since nothing will be kicking the watchdog in that state, the watchdog will reset the system after 60sec. You will need to disable watchdog service. $> sudo systemctl disable watchdog Note: you will need to reboot after you disable the watchdog in order to ensure the watchdog is stopped. It's quite odd that systemctl doesn't try to stop the watchdog before doing the suspend... and then restart the watchdog when waking-up. But well at the same time some would say it's odd to have a watchdog on a system that is meant to be put in suspend mode. Also it seems there is a hardware limitation on Armada SoC watchdog (orion_wdt) that doesn't allow the watchdog to be stop during runtime for security reason... so will need to investigate more.
  20. That is too quick to conclude. The driver is identical. But you can try with some other wifi hardware to make such conclusion.
  21. madurani

OrangePiZero AP-wifi authentication issue:

I completely reinstalled OS to Linux 4.19.25-sunxi, but same problem with wpa persist. But it look, that reason for problem isn't driver of wifi, but kernel, because error message note, that "offload WPS Probe" isn't supported in kernel: Apr 23 10:27:42 orion2 wpa_supplicant[660]: Device is trying to offload WPS Probe Response while not supporting this Apr 23 10:27:42 orion2 kernel: [ 73.846396] netlink: 'wpa_supplicant': attribute type 213 has an invalid length. Apr 23 10:27:42 orion2 kernel: [ 73.849554] netlink: 'wpa_supplicant': attribute type 213 has an invalid length. Apr 23 10:27:42 orion2 wpa_supplicant[660]: Device is trying to offload WPS Probe Response while not supporting this Apr 23 10:27:42 orion2 wpa_supplicant[660]: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-FAILED ret=-95 retry=1
  22. NicoD

nvidia jetson nano

Could you do a 7zip benchmark? I wonder what tose cores can do. taskset -c 0 7z b
  23. balbes150

Good news. I checked the work Armbian on the model Beelink GT1 mini (S905X2). The system starts normally with dtb from x96max, works wired network, HDMI, BT, eMMC, SD and USB.
  24. ilchenko Evgeny

Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

Oh... as I understand it has nothing to do with fstab. (
  25. ilchenko Evgeny

Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

is this about my error? https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/linux-sunxi/wbPO2EfYdEo
  26. uzair

Helios4 Support

@gprovost This is what I get: root@helios4:~# date Tue Apr 23 10:38:43 CEST 2019 root@helios4:~# hwclock -r 2019-04-23 10:38:47.165966+0200 @aprayoga That's the whole point. I've been checking logs, uninstalling plugins and stopping services to find out what event causes the system to reboot but from what I've seen there doesn't seem to be anything that's logged anywhere that says "Hey I'm causing the reboot", atleast from my perspective. I executed the 2 lines you mentioned and this is what I got from the serial interface: I've used OMV's standby mode, in RTCwake Standby - ACPI state S1 and Suspend-to-RAM - ACPI state S3, autoshutdown's suspend and systemctl suspend in the CLI. All have the same problem. I can send the syslog, boot, daemon and authorization logs if that's helpful.
  27. I have installed correct headers. And tried to build v4l2loopback again and get below message failed. What's wrong with me ? -------------------------------------------- root@nanopineo2:/usr/src# apt-get install --reinstall v4l2loopback-dkms Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded. Need to get 0 B/23.1 kB of archives. After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used. (Reading database ... 53947 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack .../v4l2loopback-dkms_0.10.0-1ubuntu1_all.deb ... -------- Uninstall Beginning -------- Module: v4l2loopback Version: 0.10.0 Kernel: 4.19.25-sunxi64 (aarch64) ------------------------------------- Status: Before uninstall, this module version was ACTIVE on this kernel. v4l2loopback.ko: - Uninstallation - Deleting from: /lib/modules/4.19.25-sunxi64/updates/dkms/ - Original module - No original module was found for this module on this kernel. - Use the dkms install command to reinstall any previous module version. depmod.... DKMS: uninstall completed. ------------------------------ Deleting module version: 0.10.0 completely from the DKMS tree. ------------------------------ Done. Unpacking v4l2loopback-dkms (0.10.0-1ubuntu1) over (0.10.0-1ubuntu1) ... Setting up v4l2loopback-dkms (0.10.0-1ubuntu1) ... Loading new v4l2loopback-0.10.0 DKMS files... Building for 4.19.25-sunxi64 Building initial module for 4.19.25-sunxi64 Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 4.19.25-sunxi64 (aarch64) Consult /var/lib/dkms/v4l2loopback/0.10.0/build/make.log for more information. root@nanopineo2:/usr/src# cd linux-headers-4.19.25-sunxi64/ root@nanopineo2:/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.25-sunxi64# make scripts root@nanopineo2:/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.25-sunxi64# root@nanopineo2:/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.25-sunxi64# apt-get install --reinstall v4l2loopback-dkms Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded. Need to get 0 B/23.1 kB of archives. After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used. (Reading database ... 53947 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack .../v4l2loopback-dkms_0.10.0-1ubuntu1_all.deb ... ------------------------------ Deleting module version: 0.10.0 completely from the DKMS tree. ------------------------------ Done. Unpacking v4l2loopback-dkms (0.10.0-1ubuntu1) over (0.10.0-1ubuntu1) ... Setting up v4l2loopback-dkms (0.10.0-1ubuntu1) ... Loading new v4l2loopback-0.10.0 DKMS files... Building for 4.19.25-sunxi64 Building initial module for 4.19.25-sunxi64 Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 4.19.25-sunxi64 (aarch64) Consult /var/lib/dkms/v4l2loopback/0.10.0/build/make.log for more information. root@nanopineo2:/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.25-sunxi64#
  1. Load more activity