All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. martinayotte

quick review Banana Pi M3

Yes ! By making sure that /boot/armbianEnv.txt has "verbosity=7" and "console=serial" ...
  3. balbes150

nvidia jetson nano

https://yadi.sk/i/T-tW2S2JOVDEsw
  4. Today
  5. gprovost

Helios4 Support

@uzair Ahhh we found the issue OMV install watchdog service by default. When the system is put in standby / suspend mode the watchdog is not stopped, therefore since nothing will be kicking the watchdog in that state, the watchdog will reset the system after 60sec. You will need to disable watchdog service. $> sudo systemctl disable watchdog Note: you will need to reboot after you disable the watchdog in order to ensure the watchdog is stopped. It's quite odd that systemctl doesn't try to stop the watchdog before doing the suspend... and then restart the watchdog when waking-up. But well at the same time some would say it's odd to have a watchdog on a system that is meant to be put in suspend mode. Also it seems there is a hardware limitation on Armada SoC watchdog (orion_wdt) that doesn't allow the watchdog to be stop during runtime for security reason... so will need to investigate more.
  6. That is too quick to conclude. The driver is identical. But you can try with some other wifi hardware to make such conclusion.
  7. madurani

OrangePiZero AP-wifi authentication issue:

I completely reinstalled OS to Linux 4.19.25-sunxi, but same problem with wpa persist. But it look, that reason for problem isn't driver of wifi, but kernel, because error message note, that "offload WPS Probe" isn't supported in kernel: Apr 23 10:27:42 orion2 wpa_supplicant[660]: Device is trying to offload WPS Probe Response while not supporting this Apr 23 10:27:42 orion2 kernel: [ 73.846396] netlink: 'wpa_supplicant': attribute type 213 has an invalid length. Apr 23 10:27:42 orion2 kernel: [ 73.849554] netlink: 'wpa_supplicant': attribute type 213 has an invalid length. Apr 23 10:27:42 orion2 wpa_supplicant[660]: Device is trying to offload WPS Probe Response while not supporting this Apr 23 10:27:42 orion2 wpa_supplicant[660]: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-FAILED ret=-95 retry=1
  8. NicoD

nvidia jetson nano

Could you do a 7zip benchmark? I wonder what tose cores can do. taskset -c 0 7z b
  9. balbes150

Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 4.1x (>= ver 5.55)

Good news. I checked the work Armbian on the model Beelink GT1 mini (S905X2). The system starts normally with dtb from x96max, works wired network, HDMI, BT, eMMC, SD and USB.
  10. ilchenko Evgeny

Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

Oh... as I understand it has nothing to do with fstab. (
  11. ilchenko Evgeny

is this about my error? https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/linux-sunxi/wbPO2EfYdEo
  12. uzair

Helios4 Support

@gprovost This is what I get: root@helios4:~# date Tue Apr 23 10:38:43 CEST 2019 root@helios4:~# hwclock -r 2019-04-23 10:38:47.165966+0200 @aprayoga That's the whole point. I've been checking logs, uninstalling plugins and stopping services to find out what event causes the system to reboot but from what I've seen there doesn't seem to be anything that's logged anywhere that says "Hey I'm causing the reboot", atleast from my perspective. I executed the 2 lines you mentioned and this is what I got from the serial interface: I've used OMV's standby mode, in RTCwake Standby - ACPI state S1 and Suspend-to-RAM - ACPI state S3, autoshutdown's suspend and systemctl suspend in the CLI. All have the same problem. I can send the syslog, boot, daemon and authorization logs if that's helpful.
  13. I have installed correct headers. And tried to build v4l2loopback again and get below message failed. What's wrong with me ? -------------------------------------------- root@nanopineo2:/usr/src# apt-get install --reinstall v4l2loopback-dkms Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded. Need to get 0 B/23.1 kB of archives. After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used. (Reading database ... 53947 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack .../v4l2loopback-dkms_0.10.0-1ubuntu1_all.deb ... -------- Uninstall Beginning -------- Module: v4l2loopback Version: 0.10.0 Kernel: 4.19.25-sunxi64 (aarch64) ------------------------------------- Status: Before uninstall, this module version was ACTIVE on this kernel. v4l2loopback.ko: - Uninstallation - Deleting from: /lib/modules/4.19.25-sunxi64/updates/dkms/ - Original module - No original module was found for this module on this kernel. - Use the dkms install command to reinstall any previous module version. depmod.... DKMS: uninstall completed. ------------------------------ Deleting module version: 0.10.0 completely from the DKMS tree. ------------------------------ Done. Unpacking v4l2loopback-dkms (0.10.0-1ubuntu1) over (0.10.0-1ubuntu1) ... Setting up v4l2loopback-dkms (0.10.0-1ubuntu1) ... Loading new v4l2loopback-0.10.0 DKMS files... Building for 4.19.25-sunxi64 Building initial module for 4.19.25-sunxi64 Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 4.19.25-sunxi64 (aarch64) Consult /var/lib/dkms/v4l2loopback/0.10.0/build/make.log for more information. root@nanopineo2:/usr/src# cd linux-headers-4.19.25-sunxi64/ root@nanopineo2:/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.25-sunxi64# make scripts root@nanopineo2:/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.25-sunxi64# root@nanopineo2:/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.25-sunxi64# apt-get install --reinstall v4l2loopback-dkms Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded. Need to get 0 B/23.1 kB of archives. After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used. (Reading database ... 53947 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack .../v4l2loopback-dkms_0.10.0-1ubuntu1_all.deb ... ------------------------------ Deleting module version: 0.10.0 completely from the DKMS tree. ------------------------------ Done. Unpacking v4l2loopback-dkms (0.10.0-1ubuntu1) over (0.10.0-1ubuntu1) ... Setting up v4l2loopback-dkms (0.10.0-1ubuntu1) ... Loading new v4l2loopback-0.10.0 DKMS files... Building for 4.19.25-sunxi64 Building initial module for 4.19.25-sunxi64 Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 4.19.25-sunxi64 (aarch64) Consult /var/lib/dkms/v4l2loopback/0.10.0/build/make.log for more information. root@nanopineo2:/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.25-sunxi64#
  14. ilchenko Evgeny

Hi guys. I did a clean install of the latest nightly. I haven't installed anything else. Just install ntfs-3g package and added a external USB ntfs drive to fstab. After rebooting I got the following errors. What could be the matter? Maybe wrong fstab record?
  15. xradio_wlan doesn't work without problems anywhere. We wasted so much time with it, because of it, that its pointless to loose more. See download pages for tested hardware and see which recommended ones fit your budget - recommended is Realtek 8811AU. Most of them works (fine) only with a modern kernel, but lower you go, more problems and lack of advances functions are expected. I can't provide you more details, what function works and where. Don't have that info.
  16. madurani

OrangePiZero AP-wifi authentication issue:

I used old kednel, because I read on some other topics, that driver xradio_wlan work there without problem. Could You please advice/recommend me some supported chip(usb wireless) which work without kernel recompilation and driver is included there?
  17. First you have to ACK that on-board wireless drivers with legacy kernels are lowest quality. Running AP is already an added value ... if you get that far. This chip or let's say wireless driver is the worst out of the worst. Keep that in mind when engaging in a complex setup. Next. Network manager which came with the Ubuntu Xenial is on the level "barely working", while on Debian Jessie already makes troubles in the default setups. If you are planning to make this work, start at least with a modern 4.19.y kernel, where driver is sadly the same quality, but at least other things are better. And with Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic, where Network manager comes with much less bugs. My suggestion is also to use some known to work, well supported USB wireless chip at least for setting things up. In a current setup, kernel 3.4.113 + OPi zero wifi, chances for success are tiny.
  18. koakh

X96 MAX (S905X2) with Armbian-ubuntu

You are right this is a A95X Max! And not a x96 Max, sorry but I forget the post title and forget to say my box modelo, and this create some confusion. Now I understand why eMMC backup and restore works in your box and not um mine. And why you say that "On X96 max there are no SATA devices." Is this One FreakTab Link I'm posting on wrong topic. Maybe I Open another topic for this box Thanks @balbes150
  19. balbes150

nvidia jetson nano

Launched Armbian on Jetson Nano.
  20. balbes150

X96 MAX (S905X2) with Armbian-ubuntu

This is not the X96 max, this is a different model. Maybe it need other option DTB, with other settings for eMMC.
  21. BPI_M3-Robs

quick review Banana Pi M3

Hi, after running successfully armbian dev (kernel 4.19.y and 4.20.y) for a while on my BPI M3, I tried to update to kernel series 5.0.y by compiling a complete new dev-image (debian stretch). Compiling and writing the image to an SD-card was no problem, but BPI M3 did not boot. On the serial console it came to an endless-loop (see below). The new uboot (2019.04) seem not to be the main issue, because I can use the new uboot with the 'old' kernel images (4.19 / 4.20) by installing the uboot package with dpkg and it still boots well. It looks (for me) that the kernel boots, but at the end the kernel itself makes an reboot (WHY?). Is there way to get more "output" from the booting kernel? Any other ideas or hints?
  22. SecureXperts

GPIO Hat not detected over the IIC interface SCL, SDA

Hi martinayotte, thanks a lot for your input. Indeed i2c7 was not loaded. ;-) To add this overlay the good command is overlays=i2c7 without dash. Now all my HATs communicating over this bus is working like a charm!
  23. gprovost

Helios4 Support

@djurny Ok thanks, keep us updated. @uzair Even though it's most probably unrelated to the standby issue on which Aditya will help you. What's the hardware time and the system time before you put your system in standby ? Do the following command : System time $> date Hardware Clock time (RTC) $> hwclock -r @seawolfssn Ok understood, well it looks like your PSU is faulty unable to provide 12V while still providing enough voltage for the different buck converters (5V and 3.3V rails) to operate. Please PM me and will arrange to send you a new PSU.
  24. aprayoga

Helios4 Support

Could you do the following and connect the serial console We need more info what event causing the system to wake up. and how did you put the system to standby?
  25. I have read other thread regarding v4l2loopback kernel module installation. I got same problem like this message below ========================================= ------------------------------ Deleting module version: 0.10.0 completely from the DKMS tree. ------------------------------ Done. Unpacking v4l2loopback-dkms (0.10.0-1) over (0.10.0-1) ... Setting up v4l2loopback-dkms (0.10.0-1) ... Loading new v4l2loopback-0.10.0 DKMS files... dpkg: warning: version '3.4.113-sun8i 4.19.25' has bad syntax: invalid character in revision number Building for 4.19.20-sunxi64 Module build for kernel 4.19.20-sunxi64 was skipped since the kernel headers for this kernel does not seem to be installed. =================================== I am usng Nano PI neo2 with armbian 4.19.20. When I install the kernel-headers using armbian-config, the version of kernel-headers installed is 4.19.25. Either the kernel source I have installed using armbian-config is 4.19.25. I just guess the version mistach doesn't make me succeed build of v4l2loopback. But I can't figure out what to do with this error. Please give me some comment.
  26. sfx2000

nvidia jetson nano

Cool - my order shipped today direct from nVidia's distribution center in Lino Lakes, Minnesota -- should be here on Friday 4/26, so time over the weekend perhaps to play with it.
  27. NicoD

Daily (tech related) news diet

Yeah. The bycicle is still the most efficient vehicle mankind ever evented. But it uses our own our own energy for it. But a lot more efficient than running. Not for lazy people. It's very dangerous since not much good bikeroads in the world. Ain't nothing perfect. You've just got to make out what you can pack in your bag of guilt Some don't care and ride big pick ups with a chimney for exhaust. Some want to feel better and buy and electric vehicle. But then plug them into mains. When producing your own energy then it's a lot better. Energy is everywhere, but we just need to learn how to get it at the places where it's needed. Enough place in the sahara for solar plants, but no people there who ned it. A lot of energy in oceans. Again not where people live(yet). All the pieces ar available to make great improvements. But whose going to put them together? I don't think Elon Musk. He's just a salesman. For now I'll keep cycling. Next trip, NicoD's Leaving Europe. (UK)
  1. Load more activity