All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. After blaming: - networkmanager - ifupdown - systemd - my router - my provider - myself I tested with a separate wifi AP (not managed by my provider) and sprdwl_ng crashes to the point of being incapable of "seeing" any network again (until rmmod and insmod) when the same ESSID is broadcast both under 2.4Ghz and 5.5Ghz My wild assumption is that this driver doens't like (buggy perhaps?) to be "band-steered" Whens ticking to a single band, no issue. Hope it helps someone in my same situation
  3. Today
  4. Will compile and test today... (compiled) did you test the 6.8 kernel? rk3566-h96-tvbox.dts rk3566-h96-tvbox.dtb
  5. Hi Kanken, can you link that build please? I (and I imagine lots of others) would be very interested in trying it!
  6. Great Initiative! Hope Armbian gets more and more collabs with hardware makers!
  7. Yea my biggest issue here is getting it to run without having to keep android on it . We have successfully created a duel boot but that takes up mem I also know a project that uses raspberry pi boot loader to install onto the rockchip . Your right it seems its a free for all
  8. Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
  9. If the image in question is not at Github its gone. trunk images are not archived over longer period. The amount of storage needed for this task would be just insane.
  10. Thank you for taking the time to respond. Will you have the trunk.286 image to download? I looked for it and couldn't find it... the one I have saved is trunk.287. Thank you so much I tried to download it but it does not exist: https://github.com/armbian/os/releases/download/24.5.0-trunk.286/Armbian_24.5.0-trunk.286_Orangepi5_trixie_edge_6.8.1_minimal.img.xz
  11. The world of open source is all about reverse engineering things where manufacturers don't want to invest in openness. That is why Armbian exists. But it takes a lot of effort. Here are a couple of threads that show how the process works and the time it takes to do what you want without support from the manufacturer: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/24091-efforts-to-develop-firmware-for-h96-max-v56-rk3566-4g32g https://forum.armbian.com/topic/28895-efforts-to-develop-firmware-for-h96-max-v56-rk3566-8g64g
  12. In other words we are beholden to the manufacture...
  13. @SteeMan Yes i did it that way. Inserted the SD with the fix for boot. It booted, then I powered of and removed SD. After that I Inserted the Armbian SD card but then is when the boot loop appears. So there was no way to boot form any SD card anymore. But still works on Android TV when no SD card is present. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. Thank you.
  14. Rkdevtool has nothing to do with building working code for your board. You need to think of this as a coding project. You need to build something that is installable and runnable for your board. Nothing that exists is going to work on it. Each board requires a custom code set to boot and run in the arm world today.
  15. @Sig That procedure is a one time this thing. If you pressed the reset button correctly it will have reset the boot loader environment. So remove the SD card and try booting without and SD card (that should be android as normal), then try the Armbian. If it doesn't work, try the reset process again (there is no good way to know if you timed the pressing and holding of the reset button correctly, except through trial and error). ( I generally find holding the reset for about 5 seconds while power is applied is about right, but too long or too short and it won't work as intended)
  16. Viken

Bananapi M7

Hi, I need a Banana Pi M7 to use as a server or a remote desktop which I can use from everywhere. It will be connected by ethernet port. My need is : IA development : I hope Armbian have all the packages for it 😉 (dev environment, python, cuda, pytorch, tensorflow,...) Home Assistant and IOT assistant to monitor my house (not only HA, but also grafana, Telegraph, InfluxDB...) Media center I believe if I take a 32G RAM, I will able to run several applications in the same time without any problem . Also, with the 6T NP, I believe it will be more than enough for my need in term of IA. I just hope that my equipment won't overheat when I push it to the limit or stop suddently Thx and good luck. Viken
  17. @cuker thank you for the tip. I've just tried, but after installing the aml_autoscript suggested on that link the box with Armbian on Sd inserted starts a boot loop. It boot normally to Android TV with no SD card inserted. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
  18. While I managed to land support for two extensions, implementing control flow re-convergence in NVK did not go as planned. This is the story of what went wrong and how we fixed it. View the full article
  19. We can use RKdevtool. But It sounds like what you are saying is we need to email the manufacture for this information Is that correct ?
  20. If you can't determine what device you have, there is no way you are going to be able to install Armbian on it. The world of linux on ARM is very different than linux on x86. There are no real standards for a boot environment and on board device management. For this reason you need an individual build for each device. One that has a boot environment that can boot the device and also a device specific dtb (device tree) that tells the linux kernel what hardware the board has. Those components need to be developed for each board at often the expense of many man months as the board manufactures have no interest in supporting the process of having mainline linux work on their devices. If you have the skills and resources to invest a very significant amount of time into such an effort, it can be done (if you have schematics and support from the device manufacturer that helps a lot). But the first step would be to open the device to get as the motherboard and understand what components you are working with. Then get a usb-uart connector hooked up and start monitoring the boot process to figure out how the device is booting (off of what media so you know where you are going to need to install a new boot loader to) Since the board is running android (which is only enough like real linux to get in the way generally), what comes installed isn't going to be very helpful in your process.
  21. Hello SteeMAn Sorry but I'm new to the arm chip world 30 plus years in Tandem ,Unix, Linux Multiple platforms So if this sounds crazy i apologize This device is sealed from the manufacture designing for us Its a all in one healthcare device That being said we command line into it while its running android How would I get that info you have asked for? Thanks in advance
  22. I plan to "donate" (host) it to (for) gcc compile farm, while I can work on testing some kernel patches so that RK3588 gets mainline kernel support faster.
  23. ichibrosan

ichibrosan

24. @Hqnicolas I created a pull request for a working HDMI sound: https://github.com/hqnicolas/ArmBoardBringUp/pull/1/files
  25. Hi Long Vu . I use Vontar H618 2GB ram. it's running well with armbian 6.7.10 . only need to fix wifi driver
  26. Thanks @Igor for your help, yes, I did, but now found out, that installed headers are: /usr/src/linux-headers-6.6.16-current-rockchip64 while kernel still was Linux odroidm1 6.1.12-rk3568-odroid #23.02.2 SMP PREEMPT Sat Feb 18 00:05:38 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux I got my Frozen kernel in armbian-config somehow solved by updating firmware and rebooting several times. Now kernel and headers are in sync again and zfs-module gets loaded! I will need to reanimate my odroidc2, which I use as a standby for the odroidm1, since that device doesn't boot any more after reinstall latest kernel, but that's another story ... Thanks!
  27. Did you reboot after installing headers? I tried on beta software https://paste.armbian.com/ayilamofor and kernel 6.8.7 ... it works https://paste.armbian.com/aqumeheguf.yaml
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines