All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. this improvement only in some certain cases. and the cases are mixed in our daily use, maybe not high frequently used, so 8x~20x * frequency, that's actual improvement, we can feel.
  3. Donations reached the goal. To everybody who helped. Big thank you. This will be well used. I've seen the server and it's a monster. Next goal maybe different desktop implementations, with GPU and maybe VPU if possible. Who could we hire? What cost? But before that there's already enough new things coming soon. And the server will be in good use or that. From the whole team. Thank you. NicoD
  4. It's mainline Focal 5.8 with panfrost. @Salvador Liébana did build the image. I'm just a messenger spreading the word. His team is behind TwisterOS for the Raspberry Pi. They've got tons of portable apps to make life easy for noobs to experienced user. Will be an amzazig addition to armbian. This is a preview of what's to come for more SBCs. Certainly when panfrost is ready for Odroid N2/N2+ They've got a whole club on Discord for every project of the group. A lot happens there. @Salvador Liébana Is it possible to write a build script for your image that makes use of ours.(write do
  5. Today
  6. Driver looks for property called "backlight" NOTE: gpio_backlight uses brightness as power state during probe ./drivers/video/backlight/backlight.c _of_find_backlight(dev) ... of_parse_phandle( dev->of_node, "backlight", 0)
  7. Yes, trying to find a way to measure this improvement. Unsuccessful so far.
  8. I don't understand "The screen still doesn’t light up after the device is turned off. " My screen is on order and I hope to have it work with Duo2 and am looking at the spi drivers and the ili9341 code. Hopefully you get it to work so I can follow your example. See /build/cache/sources/linux-mainline/orange-pi-5.9/drivers/gpu/drm/tiny/ili9341.c to see if any DT items you may have missed or not configured correctly. If you download the source take a look at ili9341_probe( struct spi_device *spi) ... devm_gpiod_get_optional(dev, "reset", GPIOD_OUT
  9. it seems to be only for a memory-remap function and not for the whole system
  10. You're welcome. If you don't mind, I'd recommend you to use a more recent U-Boot version if there isn't any special purpose to use v2015.04. By the way, I had to spend a little bit amount of time to integrate a custom U-Boot and Linux to Armbian for my own use case. I thought that it'd help to see what/where should i add/modify back in then. Maybe this may help you a bit. By the way, do not mind FEX. It was for a really old kernel. . ├── config │ ├── boards │ │ └── myboard-a13.csc │ ├── fex │ │ └── olinux-som-a13.fex │ ├── kernel │ │ └── linux-sun5i-def
  11. I will need to do more testing. .65 rebooted multiple times today... @Heisathso I actually install OpenMediaVault on top of armbian with https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/docs/blob/master/Adden-A-Installing_OMV5_on_Armbian.pdf Under OMV, I install Portainer and then install https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/qbittorrent
  12. @wurmfood This guide might be a good starting point for you - just replace the lvm2 with your ZFS implementation. I prefer to use targetcli tool to manage my targets, but the concepts are the same.
  13. Do you know of a good guide for getting iSCSI working with ZFS? Or just a guide for iSCSI? I took a brief look around but everything so far is over my head.
  14. Greetings, Based on this post: I would like to enable the drivers for XBOX tuner in legacy kernel (e.g. 4.4.194 or Armbian_20.08.1_Rk322x-box_focal_legacy_4.4.194_desktop.img.xz image). Excerpt from a dmesg on a working x86 system: Would you, please, provide some guidance how to do that? Maybe this would be the way... ? TIA!
  15. @Zageron Yeah please formulate a clear question. To check if tx offloading is on or off ethtool -k eth1 | grep tx-checksum Currently TX checksum offload for all network interfaces on rockchip64 family is disable in Armbian by default.
  16. @amreo What HDD brand and model are you using ?
  17. Very nice! Did you build from desktop branch or master? Legacy kernel?
  18. I don't know if you will have any better luck, but I would suggest you try the latest build (Oct 14, 2020 with kernel 5.9.0) that supports your CPU. See the first post of the following thread for the install instructions. Note that the instructions for this latest build are different than what you have previously installed (use of extlinux.conf instead of uEnv.txt, and the need to copy u-boot-xxxx to u-boot.ext) but otherwise the procedure to install is the same. https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12162-single-armbian-image-for-rk-aml-aw-aarch64-armv8
  19. Linux 5.10 ARM64 Has A "8~20x" Performance Optimization Using 20201123 (kernel 5.10-rc4) now. Doesn't feel 8-20x faster, maybe benchmarks will show
  20. Ah, but it wasn't last build, it was a version off, but yes for other boards it has been correct. I should have captured that, but that's behind me now
  21. @Igor @TonyMac32as a bonus when you install kernel headers from armbian-config you get the correct version now!
  22. Jock I reinstall the system now with Debian (minimal - Buster) and ICEWM graphical interface. The icewm is lighter than XFCE and other. the 3D habitation was confirmed by $ glxinfo | grep "direct rendering" direct rendering: Yes ... but unfortunately the KODI keeps very LOW ... definitely I gave up of KODI under ARMBIAN. My "beast" with 1G ram, 1.2 Ghz, is very weak for this proposal. Someone from this forum experimented the LibreELEC with some success ... in my tests with LibreELEC none image booted ... is there any trick to burn an image of LibreELEC? Sorry
  23. Yesterday
  24. I already have BPI-P2-Zero device tree and kernel config ready. At least for board revision 1.1. The version 1.0 has some hardware issues and differences. My current test image is based on Yocto/OpenEmbedded. I plan to send DT upstream and then I want look how to build Armbian for this board.
  25. Hello, I'm new to this subject but eager to learn. I have a MX9 G5 TVBOX with RK3229 Proc. 4GB RAM 64 GB ROM I want to install Armbian on EMMC . I'm trying to follow the Procedure on the very first page of this thread but when i go to "Burn the Multitool on an SD card; once done, place the Armbian image in images folder of the SD card FAT partition;" There is never enough space to do this . Would somebody explain me What I'm doing wrong ? I have tried with SD following the procedure but no joy . Thanks in advance
  26. Use regular `shasum` command (here with `--check` option): $ shasum -c Armbian_20.08.1_Odroidxu4_buster_legacy_4.14.195.img.xz.sha Armbian_20.08.1_Odroidxu4_buster_legacy_4.14.195.img.xz: OK
  27. Another good resource is linux-sunxi, although I could not seem to see any answer to your question in a (very quick) scan of that page. But maybe you can dig deeper and find something helpful from there?
  1. Load more activity