All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. gprovost

Helios4 Support

@djurny Ok thanks, keep us updated. @uzair Even though it's most probably unrelated to the standby issue on which Aditya will help you. What's the hardware time and the system time before you put your system in standby ? Do the following command : System time $> date Hardware Clock time (RTC) $> hwclock -r @seawolfssn Ok understood, well it looks like your PSU is faulty unable to provide 12V while still providing enough voltage for the different buck converters (5V and 3.3V rails) to operate. Please PM me and will arrange to send you a new PSU.
  3. Today
  4. aprayoga

Helios4 Support

Could you do the following and connect the serial console We need more info what event causing the system to wake up. and how did you put the system to standby?
  5. sfx2000

nvidia jetson nano

Cool - my order shipped today direct from nVidia's distribution center in Lino Lakes, Minnesota -- should be here on Friday 4/26, so time over the weekend perhaps to play with it.
  6. NicoD

Daily (tech related) news diet

Yeah. The bycicle is still the most efficient vehicle mankind ever evented. But it uses our own our own energy for it. But a lot more efficient than running. Not for lazy people. It's very dangerous since not much good bikeroads in the world. Ain't nothing perfect. You've just got to make out what you can pack in your bag of guilt Some don't care and ride big pick ups with a chimney for exhaust. Some want to feel better and buy and electric vehicle. But then plug them into mains. When producing your own energy then it's a lot better. Energy is everywhere, but we just need to learn how to get it at the places where it's needed. Enough place in the sahara for solar plants, but no people there who ned it. A lot of energy in oceans. Again not where people live(yet). All the pieces ar available to make great improvements. But whose going to put them together? I don't think Elon Musk. He's just a salesman. For now I'll keep cycling. Next trip, NicoD's Leaving Europe. (UK)
  7. NicoD

Yeah. The bycicle is still the most efficient vehicle mankind ever evented. But it uses our own our own energy for it. But a lot more efficient that running. Not for lazy people. It's very dangerous since not much good bikeroads in the world. Ain't nothing perfect. You've just got to make out what you can pack in your bag of guilt Some don't care and ride big pick ups with a chimney for exhaust. Some want to feel better and buy and electric vehicle. But then plug them into mains. When producing your own energy then it's a lot better. Energy is everywhere, but we just need to learn how to get it at the places where it's needed. Enough place in the sahara for solar plants, but no people there who ned it. A lot of energy in oceans. Again not where people live(yet). All the pieces ar available to make great improvements. But whose going to put them together? I don't think Elon Musk. He's just a salesman.
  8. anonymoustemp

[RockPro64] Armbian upstream kernel/uboot test?

Unfortunately, that's from myself and the you can see the original author mentioned that it's just a basic setup. In fact, upstream Uboot, even just using evb board config, can boot on that RockPro64. While USB doesn't work in that case and no sdcard support, only eMMC and ethernet, and I haven't tested eMMC. With that commit, I ran into the ram issue.
  9. TonyMac32

To be clear I've gone through the heat rates and power losses through the electric vehicle power chain, and in a mountainous region using coal generation a Tesla gets 25 MPG. Never forget that electrical generation is external combustion turbine, 40% efficiency. Then go through the grid, then the massive losses during charging, and the losses by simply sitting in the driveway in the cold. A new Toyota 4 cylinder gas engine can do that. There is potential in electric vehicles, and I like the technology, but as an engineer with experience in energy storage and power distribution, it isn't mature enough to push yet, it very clearly causes as many problems as it solves, even in the most optimistic vision. Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  10. NicoD

Belgian journalist and German scientists? I ain't trusting that for a bit. They don't emmit co2. But there's co2 released making them. Just like there's co2 released making any other car. It also takes 1 barrel oil to produce 3 barrels(if we're lucky(tar sand is 2 for 3)) The article is bs. At least the title is. It tries to confirm some people's idea they're not doing anything wrong wasting oil. Acting on their confirmation bias... And that's what 95% of the internet has become. Truth isn't important, that doesn't sell(produce click)
  11. OMG I cant believe I didnt post this. https://github.com/berinc/Asus-Tinker-Board
  12. Linuxcnc is working fine, the only tasks left, are getting the I/O setup in linuxcnc. I do not have a mesa board and I'm prefer to use the GPIO mainly. would love any help from anyone that can. The only other issue that needs to be worked out is the Native resolution of the lcd I'm using is not working in armbian, 1024x600. My finish goal is to PUBLISH a working SD/EMMC image to the world. so people with a tinkerboard have a DROP IN cnc controller just add the boot/distro image and setup your connections for your machine as needed.
  13. Yesterday
  14. seawolfssn

Helios4 Support

@gprovost To be clear, once i disconnected the external USB drives and plugged them into my PC and saw them power up and run just fine i decided to power down the whole helios4 and disassemble it to get ready for new drives. Then i just tried to plug one 2 of the 3.5" SATA drives in to see what would happen when i put power back on and nothing spun up. Then i tried a single drive alone, once in each of the 4 power connectors after powering down and up each time. no spinning up. Then I tried a brand new WD Blue drive, and then a brand new WD Red drive and nothing powered up on any single attempt. If i took a random 2.5" drive and plugged it in to the SATA connections, then it worked no problem. and was detected by the OS. So that's what led me to think that there's a problem getting enough power supplied to the 3.5" drives now and from that it can't power USB drives with anything connected either, hence the total system went down and stays down. Each time just to be clear, i completely powered down the device and then powered up with a different slot or drive connected and only the 2.5 connected by SATA worked
  15. TonyMac32

http://brusselstimes.com/business/technology/15050/electric-vehicles-emit-more-co2-than-diesel-ones,-german-study-shows Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  16. data

H6 Famous Reboot problem

Ok, I connected a TTL cable to the serial port but besides the line I get nothing else. Do I need a fresh install of the nightly version? Because I've just did 'apk upgrade'... Or is there a way I can keep my existing setup?
  17. chwe

[RockPro64] Armbian upstream kernel/uboot test?

going through the links spotted something for @martinayotte (and maybe @TonyMac32) https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUILDs/pull/1691/commits/dfe2881b2eaf32a5b2289005c675888345684fd7#diff-2347b909a334e35e45d31e5bb4961a3f there's a a patchset for upstream u-boot for the ram part.. as OP says it's not running stable.. but at least they got upstream u-boot up.. maybe worth a look as well.. to clean the rk u-boot mess asap.
  18. koakh

X96 MAX (S905X2) with Armbian-ubuntu

Photos has requested... About eMMC backup and restore, it works using nand-sata-install, but armbian never boots.... I post a lots of related info about boot problems, and partition problems above....please scroll up, and view one image that shows the Crash on boot, related with bad partition (added to. This post) Ir we try to mount the restored Partition, ir inspect it, we sure check that we can mount it root@aml:~# sudo mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /mnt/mmcblk1p2 mount: /mnt/mmcblk1p2: can't read superblock Thanks for your support @balbes150
  19. data

H6 Famous Reboot problem

Not yet. Will try it and let you know what I see...
  20. martinayotte

H6 Famous Reboot problem

Strange ... The fix done in ATF was commit more than a week ago. Did you check with a USB-TTL Serial Debug dongle what is happening during a "reboot" ?
  21. data

H6 Famous Reboot problem

Dear Martin, thank you for your reply. I am on ARMBIAN 5.82.190422 nightly Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS 5.0.7-sunxi64 But reboot does not work. Am I supposed to do anything else besides upgrading to the latest nightly? Thank you in advance!
  22. Hello guys, I configured bridge via nmcli/nmtui br0. Slave devices of bridge are eth0 and wlan0(as wifi access point). OS: Armbian_5.59_Orangepizero_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.4.113 root@orion2:~# nmcli c s NAME UUID TYPE DEVICE bridge-br0 fff57bce-6051-458d-9394-7101741af59f bridge br0 bridge-slave-eth0 25720542-2bdd-498e-992e-4415385673d5 802-3-ethernet eth0 bridge-slave-wlan0 ed8b07bf-a793-4717-8c99-2e84d54af672 802-11-wireless wlan0 Configuration looks fine, but when I try login to AP, my smart phone shows error message: "Authentication issue" , and on side of server: orion2 wpa_supplicant[1017]: WPA: wpa_sm_step() called recursively Device is trying to offload WPS Probe Response while not supporting this Configuration of AP: root@orion2:~# nmcli c s bridge-slave-wlan0 connection.id: bridge-slave-wlan0 connection.uuid: ed8b07bf-a793-4717-8c99-2e84d54af672 connection.interface-name: wlan0 connection.type: 802-11-wireless connection.autoconnect: yes connection.autoconnect-priority: 0 connection.timestamp: 1555962464 connection.read-only: no connection.permissions: connection.zone: -- connection.master: fff57bce-6051-458d-9394-7101741af59f connection.slave-type: bridge connection.autoconnect-slaves: -1 (default) connection.secondaries: connection.gateway-ping-timeout: 0 connection.metered: unknown connection.lldp: -1 (default) 802-11-wireless.ssid: Orion2 802-11-wireless.mode: ap 802-11-wireless.band: bg 802-11-wireless.channel: 7 802-11-wireless.bssid: -- 802-11-wireless.rate: 0 802-11-wireless.tx-power: 0 802-11-wireless.mac-address: -- 802-11-wireless.cloned-mac-address: -- 802-11-wireless.mac-address-blacklist: 802-11-wireless.mac-address-randomization:default 802-11-wireless.mtu: auto 802-11-wireless.seen-bssids: DC:44:6D:F6:92:CB 802-11-wireless.hidden: no 802-11-wireless.powersave: default (0) 802-11-wireless-security.key-mgmt: wpa-psk 802-11-wireless-security.wep-tx-keyidx: 0 802-11-wireless-security.auth-alg: -- 802-11-wireless-security.proto: 802-11-wireless-security.pairwise: 802-11-wireless-security.group: 802-11-wireless-security.leap-username: -- 802-11-wireless-security.wep-key0: <hidden> 802-11-wireless-security.wep-key1: <hidden> 802-11-wireless-security.wep-key2: <hidden> 802-11-wireless-security.wep-key3: <hidden> 802-11-wireless-security.wep-key-flags: 0 (none) 802-11-wireless-security.wep-key-type: 0 (unknown) 802-11-wireless-security.psk: <hidden> 802-11-wireless-security.psk-flags: 0 (none) 802-11-wireless-security.leap-password: <hidden> 802-11-wireless-security.leap-password-flags:0 (none) bridge-port.priority: 32 bridge-port.path-cost: 100 bridge-port.hairpin-mode: no GENERAL.NAME: bridge-slave-wlan0 GENERAL.UUID: ed8b07bf-a793-4717-8c99-2e84d54af672 GENERAL.DEVICES: wlan0 GENERAL.STATE: activated GENERAL.DEFAULT: no GENERAL.DEFAULT6: no GENERAL.VPN: no GENERAL.ZONE: -- GENERAL.DBUS-PATH: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/2 GENERAL.CON-PATH: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Settings/2 GENERAL.SPEC-OBJECT: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/AccessPoint/1 GENERAL.MASTER-PATH: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/3 Could you please help me with solving wpa_supplicant issue? Thank you, Marek
  23. At last, I have found something that works, and produces images. In short, use ubuntu_lxde_desktop_OrangePipc_v0_9_1.img . Long story is here: http://www.orangepi.org/orangepibbsen/forum.php?mod=viewthread&amp;tid=4270&amp;page=1&amp;extra=#pid25253 Edit: I also suceeded with image Armbian_5.75_Orangepione_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.4.113_desktop.7z
  24. balbes150

Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 4.1x (>= ver 5.55)

Kernel N2 for Armbian is the result of joint work BayLibre and developer community Libreelec (we work together closely). It takes time for everything to look finished. Only then will the publication.
  25. balbes150

X96 MAX (S905X2) with Armbian-ubuntu

Show photos of your model and SATA connector. I just checked image 20190412 on my X96Max (S905X2) 4\32. eMMC without problems visible, works utility DDBR (allows you to create and restore full backup eMMc) and installation works Armbian in eMMC.
  26. martinayotte

uart interface Gpio 8 + 10 on the rock pi4

Good catch ! ... I'm often suffer of dyslexia ...
  27. martinayotte

GPIO Hat not detected over the IIC interface SCL, SDA

The I2C present on Header pins 3 and 5 is the I2C7. To get I2C7 appearing as /dev/i2c-7, it requires to load the rockchip-i2c7.dtbo overlay which is present in /boot/dtb/rockchip/overlay. To do that, add the "overlays=i2c-7" into the /boot/armbianEnv.txt and reboot.
  28. NicoD

Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 4.1x (>= ver 5.55)

Great job. Any idea when you'll release? I'm gathering information for a review video about the N2. Ubuntu Mate has too many problems to advice to use for productivity use. Meveric's Stretch is better but swap/zram also ain't working. With that working in your Armbian I think Armbian is the best image for productivity with the N2.
  1. Load more activity