All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Banana Pi BPI-W2 BPI-W2-openwrt-lede(Linux 4.9) code update to github http://forum.banana-pi.org/t/banana-pi-bpi-w2-bpi-w2-openwrt-lede-linux-4-9-code-update-to-github/9900
  3. Yesterday
  4. I have an Orange Pi One Plus with the H6 chip in it and I'm quite happy with how well it's supported by Armbian. I haven't really had any problems with it. I do have one question, though. I'm using armbianmonitor to "-m" monitor the machine and I notice that the temps are always pretty hot. Even at idle (480MHz) it still shows 72C. That seems higher than I would have expected. Is this normal, expected behavior? I understand that the SoC thermal monitoring code in the kernel is pretty new and therefore might not be perfect, yet. So, I thought I'd ask. Because it may just be my board that's off. Does anyone know if this is normal? Info: The board is in a lightly vented case and there is no HS on the SoC. There is light cross airflow in the area. Armbian version is "Welcome to Debian Buster with Armbian Linux 5.3.0-sunxi64" with current software updates. If there is more information I can provide, I would be glad to report it. Thank you for your time.
  5. I tried official Armbian today (with 4.19 and dev 5.3. kernel, both latest nightly builds) and my Lime 2 rev K works perfectly as expected: http://ix.io/1VPk root@lime2:~# cat /sys/class/power_supply/axp20x-battery/voltage_now 4062000 root@lime2:~# cat /sys/class/power_supply/axp20x-battery/capacity 51
  6. I completely understand and appreciate everything you all do for this community. There is a large labour of love here. I want to stress that I am not intending to be negative to the project. If anything, I'd like to better understand so that I can make constructive contributions to the community. I guess the part I am hung up on is calling the image "bionic" or "bionic-based" when it is missing specific operational changes for that release. Based off the name and suggested base version, bionic, I would expect or assume that the system changes described in the bionic release notes happened. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BionicBeaver/ReleaseNotes In my mind, its like regressing from systemd (15.04 Ubuntu Vivid) to init.d (14 Ubuntu Trusty) and calling it still Ubuntu Vivid. Like sure, its still Ubuntu and may use newer Vivid packages but at a release level, it does not match. This is where my confusion comes from. Would this change not cause more issues as it is now an atypical build and searching "ubuntu bionic network configuration" will yield results for programs not installed on the system? https://docs.armbian.com/Release_Changelog/ With the provided changelog I assumed removing these packages was a mistake as it was not noted. I get that not everyone wants to read crazy long changelogs but noting the removal of existing system packages would help. As there were files associated with netplan, ie. /etc/netplan/01-armbian-default.yaml (or something pretty similar), originally provided with armbian bionic. As far as I was aware this setup worked properly, and I'd like to reimplement them as you have suggested. There are months worth of commits since I last pulled. Does anyone know who would have pushed this commit or when it would have happened? Going through months of commits for a needle in a haystack sounds fun and all but, lets be productive with time.
  7. At Toastmaster its organised this way: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_topic Once you become pro (listener and presenter), you can easily spot those who prepared their "speeches" in 15 minutes or less And you notice almost all mistakes they made ...
  8. well it took a while to figure out that there are only a few desktop recording programs for wayland.. and without wayland a 13 inch full hd display sucks as desktop, due to x can only have 100% and 200% (both of them suck with gnome, wayland is capable of 125% which is just perfect). A small hint here.. gnome wayland on ubuntu doesn't record properly with a 125% zoom, so for recording you've to go back to 100% to get something 'useful' out of it. well I better don't tell you how long I normally need to prepare presentations.. A good training is "spin the powerpoint", a 'game' we quite often played at university.. basically, you see the slides the at the same time as your audience (cause someone else wrote it). It needs a basic understanding of the topic, but you learn a lot about free speech (not the american meaning of it). You must also consider that your audience normally doesn't know your topic well, which gives you some freedom in the presentation (it doesn't have to be 100% 'scientific correct'.
  9. Pointless. Check edit history: https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/SolidRun/CuBox-i?action=info That's more theoretical / IMO copy paste from here https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile?h=v4.19.73 but its worth trying because I suspect kernel config issue. If all this would be this simple, we would provide a full working image long time ago Check if there is any Libre/Openelec work (in any state) around modern kernel. P.S. Kodi / acceleration was operational at some point with modern kernel (4.14 or 4.19) ... but later it broke.
  10. I was somehow hoping the video problem was not kernel related, but maybe due to the older rest of the OS. Apparently the CuBox is quite an exotic system, and the user community is not that active. On the vendor's forum I see a screenshot of someone apparently having Kodi on etnaviv running, on this hardware. But the Debian wiki says about the CuBox: "On Debian 10/Buster GNOME defaults to Wayland and works out of the box." Unfortunately I don't get the serial console connected anymore, though, so I can't install Debian the normal way. I had it running some time ago, but I don't remember which cable or which other computer I used back then. The next thing I'd like to try is Fedora, using the arm-image-installer. Apparently it supports the mx6cuboxi. But that attempt will have to wait until the weekend.
  11. Hey, thanks for your answer. @gprovost i checked fancontrol, everything is exactly like the Wiki says. @Bramani thanks a lot for the script. Now i have to learn what your are saying about the bashrc I dont know Linux very well. You droped the word "ich" some posts earlier, so i guess we share the same environment I dont want to reverse the fans, i thought about exchange them. But, today the Helios was extremely loud. I checked and touched it (i have to crouch under the table in the last corner of the room) and the noise stopped. Now i assume i have two "problems". 1. the plate where the fans are attached to are not tight enough and starts to vibrating or something like that, maybe i can fix that with a piece of paper. 2. the fans spin to fast. i will check this with the script from Bramani the next days. And again, thanks a lot
  12. Yeah, that did the trick! With the build Armbian_5.96_Aml-g12_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_5.3.0_20190917 you uploaded, I'm finally able to copy/move files over the USB3.0 interface without any IO errors. Did you actually include the patch i referred to into this build or is it pure kernel 5.3.0? One more thing. I tried to build the kernel files by following your guide at https://github.com/150balbes/Build-Armbian, but when I was building, I faced an error as seen from the picture attached. I've only followed your guide and selected "U-boot and kernel packages" -> "Do not change the kernel configuration" -> "aml-g12" -> "next". I want to upgrade my current installed build to the latest kernel with the patch. Any ideas why it fails? Let me know if you want the whole output or any logs. Thanks for the great help BTW! It's awesome when someone from the community aid much more support than the actually support team who released the SBC...
  13. dogshome

NanoPI M4

RE:Accelerated graphics not working. I've found that updating Friendly OS using the Linux tools loses both the setting and the acceleration. Simply putting the setting back on doesn't fix it. If you stick to the Friendly releases, it's fine. Apart from when they mangle a release and have to fix it in a hurry when the Beta testers (us) complain.
  14. @nachoparker or https://help.nextcloud.com/
  15. Yes, sadly I didn't even had time to get to the conference this year To at least Two kids, wife, cat, full time job + full time project + "customers" daring to demand attention or solution on my expense sounds like mission impossible. Anyone can make a presentation. In fact there were many presentations related to Armbian, but its hard to collect videos or track them. Some were made on local conferences in native languages ... Also @NicoD is making regular videos on various things related to Armbian. I used to be an active Toastmaster.org for many years. There, one could learn presentation techniques within dry-run speeches, with competitions, etc. One could also learn how many weeks/months before you have to start working to deliver 30-45m speech properly. Conference ended past weekend and I should start to prepare today for 2020 .. if. This little time (and energy) I have now. For current I started with preparations two months before ... its a lot of stuff and you have to come out with something that is quality made and interesting enough to get peoples attention. You have to think over and over, change. Drop something, add something. Change and practice, practice, practice ... @chwe Thanks for helping me out
  16. I still use OPi.GPIO and it works fine for non root users with the proper udev rules. When I started using it I had to patch it to delay opening the files (the udev rules take some time to apply), but now it does it itself (it checks that the file is accessible before giving up).
  17. Thanks for the response. I'm not sure of what to do next.
  18. Updated default/next kernel(s) to 4.14.144 https://github.com/armbian/upload/commit/14d5bc5ced25d499708a4bfbb74d4a6c4d193eb8 @trohn_javolta
  19. Just curious, what "wifi" issues are fixed in this build?
  20. @Jeckyll Maybe you should first double check that fancontrol is properly installed and configured. Refer to this section of our wiki : https://wiki.kobol.io/pwm/#fancontrol-automated-software-based-fan-speed-control
  21. @uiop @devman Well it would be great to cross check first what I reported about BTRFS tools on 32-bit arch. Maybe there have been some improvements done by the BTRFS community. @jimandroidpc Yes L1 and L2 cache is parity protected on Marvell Armada 38x. Well it wouldn't make sense to have ECC RAM with a CPU (SoC) that doesn't have at least cache protected with parity check mechanism.
  22. Well. That require that at least one test latest build on the device. We don't have automated testing facility nor any QA staff. (if I have time) I have to build, transfer to SD/eMMC and see if it doesn't break. If testing is done too quick, it might produce way more expenses than yours and dealing with angry "customers", when some random but important feature is broken upstream, is not nice ... If you need this faster than light, DIY - you know where to find build tools or donate substantial amount and I will hire people to wait and answer on peoples wishes ...
  23. Thx for instaneous reply. Is there a way to get the fix faster? It will take longer to get it via apt upgrade, right?
  24. Without I need to run an experiment .. which is not that simple. Found a bug. https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/64f00e821dd2ad97c8aedd6559f97fdfbd7c6894#diff-26c08b1357391cc5ad6431500ad7a103L784 Will be fixed asap.
  25. Freshly from the not official Armbian studios: Armbian the last 2 years I would assume that even on a conference those topics wouldn't be presented: it's a special use case, and the question comes up on a weekly to monthly repetition pattern. that's simply user-side stuff, mostly unrelated to armbian as a project, but as a NAS example, OMV is quite common under armbian users cause the ARM maintainer of OMV is @tkaiser. that's what changelogs are for. I assume the major reason the video is on the page is not that we have a video but because it's a side-product of the conference. So chances to get a new video are rather low, except there would be a new talk about the project in another conference. And for such a talk I would propose other topics, like how to engage people to contribute or how to deal with different opinions etc. But luckily for you, most of your questions can be answered with the search engine. and with text to speech it might feel like a video.
  26. issue is getting intense... frequency of the incident is increasing. I am on OPi+2E buster. 2 time travel incidents in 10 hours. No changes or updates applied, same system ran for 2 weeks.
  1. Load more activity