All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. @IronIgel there's also a small paragraph in the first page about special hardware with a link to a guide on how to fix the issue.
  3. Description armsom-sige7: enable gpu rock-5a: enable gpu, fix poweroff, enable pcie2x1 for M.2 E slot hinlink-h88k: enable gpu How Has This Been Tested? Please describe the tests that you ran to verify your changes. Please also note any relevant details for your test configuration. [x] ./compile.sh kernel BOARD=armsom-sige7 BRANCH=edge DEB_COMPRESS=xz [x] Tested with armsom-sige7, rock-5a and hinlink-h88k Checklist: Please delete options that are not relevant. [x] My code follows the style guidelines of this project [x] I have performed a self-review of my own code [ ] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas [x] My changes generate no new warnings [ ] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules View the full article
  4. Today
  5. Yes, that will work unless there is some special weirdness in the R1S-H3 that needs custom drivers...which I doubt for now
  6. Ok it builds now for bullseye it seems it will be available on 24.5 Thanks all ! Cheers
  7. It appears that the nanopi-r1 image is working. I am an embdded linux developer. I am not expert in Armbian building. But I have built kernels from scratch, written drivers, and created complete linux installs from scratch - i.e. manually done what the Armbian build script does automatically. But I am not looking to do a huge amount of work to get a bunch of embedded linux systems up to use for other purposes. I have a very large collection of SBC's - probably half can run linux. I like Armbian, and it is pretty uptodate - though frankly I am just using these as network conneced devices to manage other systems I am developing on. Regardless they are laying arround collecting dust, they do not require much power and I do not need lots of horsepower. The bad news is that I am an embdded linux developer - so I have one or two of lots of different boards - not 10 BBB's. My 2nd question was if I choose a similar H3 device to the nanopi-r1s-h3 and I either find a nonopi-r1s-h3 device tree or I modify an H3 device tree to match the nanopi-r1s-h3 hardware and then substite that device tree in a different H3 image - that should work ? Though the question appears to be moot and the nanopi-r1 image appears to work for me.
  8. Hello, I'm new to this forum. I would like to know which recent version of ARMBIAN I can install on my X96 Max+ TV box (2GB ram and 16GB version). I've tried to install several recent 24.5 versions but it won't start. Here is the link to the versions I tried to install(Armbian_community_24.5.0-trunk.250_Aml-s9xx-box) I simply renamed the file corresponding to my S905X3.............. box to u-boot.ext https://github.com/armbian/community/releases/tag/24.5.0-trunk.250 The only version I managed to install is Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0_desktop. So I'd like to know which version is best suited to my box. The CPU in the box is an Amlogic S905X3 only, I followed a procedure that made me use an S905X2 with Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0_desktop. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nETXagKHYGI Is it possible to have your help if possible by telling me the procedure for a perfect installation. Thank you in advance.
  9. Yesterday
  10. I noticed this thread, I had the same issue. And found the solution here: Pine A64-LTS not booting and [RESOLVED] PineA64LTS doesn't want to boot. Seems that in my dtb-file there was something missing what caused the root not being found or mounted??, the option: non-removable; meson-sm1-a95xf3-air.dtb has it also missing on mmc@ffe05000 from what I think is your root, the option: non-removable; Hope it helps It solved my UUID not found problem.
  11. Hello! Thank you jock for fixing the problems! I am just updated, and it's really working now. Thanks!
  12. Changes upstream rarely match exactly what is happening this far downstream. So let's take control by moving the old and patching a new. This gives us more freedom to make edits when we want or need to and avoid errors. View the full article
  13. As it seems no reply will be posted. Update: if I select N to the proposed location, i get the option to set, locale, timezone, country and all to be as supposed to be
  14. Yes. However there are various SoC manufacturs for arm64 SoCs like Allwinner, Rockchip, Amlogic and so on and they require custom patching for often both uboot and kernel. So while saying the device tree is indeed the biggest difference it does not boil down to just that.
  15. Would I be correct in assuming that the biggest difference between images for the same architecture would be the device tree ?
  16. Description The issue When using ./compile.sh rewrite-kernel-config and then running the menuconfig with ./compile.sh kernel-config, just exiting and saving without any manual changes, the kernel config may still change. This is because rewrite-kernel-config does force some kernel options without any additional checks e.g. for dependencies. Using the config menu with kernel-config does those checks automatically and solves all dependencies. Example: Using ./compile.sh kernel-config on linux-rockchip64-edge.config (e.g. with BOARD=nanopi-r5c), the option CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL=y is automatically selected, since it is a dependency for CONFIG_EXPERT=y, which is selected in this kernel config as well. But then, ./compile.sh rewrite-kernel-config forces CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL to disabled. However, this breaks the dependency for CONFIG_EXPERT=y, which is still enabled. In consequence, CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL will be set to =y next time anyone runs ./compile.sh kernel-config on this config. The goal Doing a kernel-config (with no manual changes, just start and exit with saving) or a rewrite-kernel-config should lead to the exact same config file. It should be consistent. The solution This PR tries to solve this in the following way: Save the config right after the forced configs were applied Do an oldconfig after forced configs were applied to have kernel make solve any issues (will add ~3 seconds on each rewrite-kernel-config) Let the user see what was changed by kernel make so changes can be made accordingly Changes in forced kernel options by armbian-kernel.sh Set DEBUG_INFO_NONE=y instead of DEBUG_INFO=n since the latter is not configurable Remove GDB_SCRIPTS=n since DEBUG_INFO_NONE=y already implies this Example output in build log (for rk3588-legacy kernel): [🚸] Forced kernel options introduced misconfigurations or missing dependencies! [ Please re-run rewrite-kernel-config ] [🚸] If this warning persists [ please remove dependent options using kernel-config or adapt your custom_kernel_config hooks ] [🐛] In some cases, the issue might also be [ misconfigured options in armbian_kernel_config hooks ] [🔨] -DEBUG_INFO_NONE y [🔨] -MODULE_COMPRESS_NONE y [🔨] DEBUG_KERNEL n -> y [🔨] EXPERT n -> y [🚸] See options above which have been changed automatically [ to solve dependencies and/or misconfigurations ] As you can see, some of the forced kernel options did not have the expected results since kernel make had to change these to solve dependencies and make the config sane. Warning: This will output lots of changes on the first time it runs. Re-run it, the second run will output only the relevant changes. Some kernel configs will have to be adapted to solve the issues which are output in the warnings (like above), or armbian-kernel.sh might have to be adapted a bit linux-rockchip64-edge.config is an example, I just ran rewrite-kernel-config on this and kernel make did its magic. Overall, this should lead to more sane kernel configs. How Has This Been Tested? [x] rewrite-kernel-config for nanopi-r5c-edge [ ] Other kernels should be tested as well Checklist: [x] My code follows the style guidelines of this project [x] I have performed a self-review of my own code [x] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas [x] My changes generate no new warnings View the full article
  17. Any help on this one? I still can't figure out what's happening here.
  18. Hello, I have been trying to switch to kernel 6.8 but images are not working properly. Screen does not show anything at all. 6.1 images can boot so users can proceed with installation. Failure has been observed for some time starting with earlier 6.8-rc versions. Has anyone tried any 6.6 build?
  19. @moddien Hello! Yes, a serial adapter would indeed provide some debug info that can be useful. I don't remember such "r3229q-221p" board, so perhaps it is a new board. Be sure to use the latest multitool first. User @svdmk had a similar problem, you can check the latest two pages of this thread for some reference. At the moment the solution is a bit of a hack and involves switching bootloaders, which is not the easier thing to do.
  20. Maybe sudo armbianmonitor -u might help shed some light about what is going on - perhaps there is an issue with the device or driver? But no problems for me with the arm64 uefi image on my opi5+ 16GB - acas@opi:~$ lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS zram0 252:0 0 7.7G 0 disk [SWAP] zram1 252:1 0 50M 0 disk /var/log zram2 252:2 0 0B 0 disk nvme0n1 259:0 0 1.8T 0 disk ├─nvme0n1p1 259:1 0 259M 0 part /boot/efi └─nvme0n1p2 259:2 0 1.8T 0 part /var/log.hdd /
  21. ok I can confirm it works better . just typed "sudo dd if=rkspi_loader.img of=/dev/mtdblock0 conv=notrunc sync " waited about five minutes and rebooted. After 5 reboots it has always go on .. so probably it is better. Ah my os is armbian jammy 22 , I used file from ubuntu rockchip 23, nvme lexar I wonder if works on all version , and how it differs. but it is rather low level buissnes.
  22. Unfortunately opi5 is not near me and can't make any test right now. I'll try to find what's wrong with usbc on 6.8 when i find a chance to try.
  23. You can add it like https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/main/patch/kernel/rockchip-rk3588-edge/board-khadas-edge2-add-nodes.patch#L1347 I suppose you don't need to make any change since 5b and edge2 uses the same pcie phy
  24. Image for H5 certainly won't work. Different SoC, even different architecture (32 vs 64 bit). You can give R1 image a try, doesn't look that much different besides the ugly yellow case. No idea how you built r1s images from Armbian since there is no dedicated config for this board in our build system. Maybe you used some sort of fork? Btw. if you don't mind please shorten your signature, like by removing the gaps between the lines. Thanks
  25. I am trying to build an armbian image for a nanopi R1S-H3 this used to be possible in the past. Now when I build and select the extended board list the R1S-H5 is present but not the R1S-H3. Should I build using another H3 board, or is the R1S-H5 close enought o get it to boot.
  26. I am a developer from China and am not very familiar with English, so the following content is translated through Google Translate. When I successfully flash the image file of the built system onto the development board, the system seems to delete the directory under /home upon the first boot (from my observation). The build command being used :./compile.sh build BOARD=firefly-rk3399 BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=focal This is an excerpt from customize-image.sh. Main() { case $RELEASE in stretch) # your code here # InstallOpenMediaVault # uncomment to get an OMV 4 image ;; buster) # your code here ;; bullseye) # your code here ;; bionic) # your code here ;; focal) # your code here echo "12345678" cjia_xxx ;; esac } # Main cjia_xxx() { rm /root/.not_logged_in_yet username=cjia pass=cjia # Check if user already exists. grep -q "$username" /etc/passwd if [ $? -eq $SUCCESS ] then echo "User $username does already exist." echo "please chose another username." exit $E_USEREXISTS fi #Preerequisite for mkpasswd : whois useradd -d /home/"$username" -m -g users -s /bin/bash "$username" #Allow no one else to access the home directory of the user chmod 750 /home/"$username" echo "$username":"$pass"|chpasswd echo "the account is setup" PUBLIC_KEY="ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABgQsdfsdfsfsdfa6r2jUg5Wmnk7m97BccU+itsqEUe0IOUKslOdHlGQcos9APLEZk1jec/a/7eGCcCVfTNznW8Wskg+o/nyZDBCeQL7TMs5L2TlBoJpOudo42bxEp0lqTe8nS/cKPv3EZT0mMdFh3JbSqmF0eou6rbui0EjInzh9+CqB/fsuErunJ700N+uZ0l9dJ7Fofj1Ws1rptk0Ezer8YmIaDfvm4mFY7pQTHIqphqZ0IhBRXrBbL5XFv53cevvdfpkLA6y4LplWnIysdfsdfsdfsdeqG+r1licfbQYYqpACr8jFuv7T6Q2BaMfDF5AKZ8UeuIe66lFX+5MpD25WM+LamlEnBmh67d1SYOadSGBXC5RSs5Vp9hX1Nff2tfVN+kyvsfPe/v0D/ScJdqKCCR+w3SResv/aFZPW524tI32ehU1q7G2XYqdayxbA5QLjIxwo+NJn6Bc=" CJIA_HOME="/home/cjia" mkdir -p $CJIA_HOME/.ssh echo "$PUBLIC_KEY" >> $CJIA_HOME/.ssh/known_hosts chown cjia:cjia $CJIA_HOME/.ssh/known_hosts chmod 600 $CJIA_HOME/.ssh/known_hosts cat $CJIA_HOME/.ssh/known_hosts cd /home/cjia ls -al pwd su cjia -c "pwd" } Corresponding log output [🐳|🔨] the account is setup [🐳|🔨] chown: invalid group: ‘cjia:cjia’ [🐳|🔨] ssh-rsa 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 cjia@DESKTOP-T9MJO61 [🐳|🔨] total 12 [🐳|🔨] drwxr-x--- 3 cjia users 120 Mar 26 12:41 . [🐳|🔨] drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60 Mar 26 12:41 .. [🐳|🔨] -rw-r--r-- 1 cjia users 220 Feb 25 2020 .bash_logout [🐳|🔨] -rw-r--r-- 1 cjia users 3771 Mar 26 12:28 .bashrc [🐳|🔨] -rw-r--r-- 1 cjia users 807 Feb 25 2020 .profile [🐳|🔨] drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 60 Mar 26 12:41 .ssh [🐳|🔨] /home/cjia [🐳|🔨] /home/cjia When logging in for the first time
  27. Last week
  28. Description See title. This fixes kernel compilation for 6.8.2 How Has This Been Tested? [x] Apply wireless patches to rockchip64-edge (which is 6.8) Checklist: [x] My changes generate no new warnings [x] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules View the full article
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines