All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Probably the driver for your chip is not implemented in 5.3 yet, remember it is a Release Candidat...
  3. Which Armbian version are you running? If it is one with kernel 5.3-RCx tyr one with kernel 5.2
  4. I recently wanted to buy a tv box, but I don't know much about the technical parameters, h96 max vs h96 max plus, I feel that these two products are similar, the main difference seems to be that the chipset is not the same. So rk3328 vs rk3318 Which one should I choose?
  5. I will try those images on a clean SD. But, previously, I will try to boot on sata thanks to u-boot.img.sata + SPL.sata... Anyhow, don't you have old images with Debian Stretch instead of Buster? (as I am running Yunohost.org which is not yet compatible with Buster)
  6. HI everybody, thanks for the replies. @ManoftheSea You assume that there is already U-Boot running on my board. I do not make this assumption. I want it to load the complete bootloader (U-Boot) from a SD card and run it, without any bootloader on the board itself. @umiddelb No, I do not want to start Linux from SD card. I can start a Linux from anywhere, I know that. I want the board to load U-Boot from SD card. I did that with other projects, but it does not seem possible with the espressobin v5. I think the hardware does not allow it unfortunately. If I am wrong, please correct me.
  7. If you get this working, send a PR (to dev and next) and you don't need to worry about In case board works well, we could also add an image ... we have it for some other CSC targets as well.
  8. This looks like you have boot loader compiled for eMMC ... or your hardware has eMMC and SD card wired the other way around (have seen that before). Try booting this image on a clean SD card: https://dl.armbian.com/cubox-i/archive/Armbian_5.94_Cubox-i_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.9.179.7z
  9. 01_dtbdump_rockchip,rk3328-evb.dts Hi I have been working for a while in order to get wifi working on my H96+.From the Android dts the wifi chip is ap6330. And it has a strange silk screen . I see that this driver is included in the firmware. But I still can't make it work.Should I change some settings in dts? Or I need to recompile the entire firmware? I have read some of the contents of Rockchip's official website. Can you tell me how to build my own firmware?And the dts file is here.
  10. Yesterday
  11. For what it's worth, I gave up on OPi.GPIO some time back, and switched to the standard libgpiod instead (e.g., see https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/libs/libgpiod/libgpiod.git/about/). Use of libgpiod eliminates almost all pain in terms of permissions to manage GPIOs for non-root users. If you don't want to build your own copy, libgpiod is available in Debian buster; see package libgpiod2 (https://packages.debian.org/buster/libgpiod2). Python bindings are available via the python3-libgpiod package (see https://packages.debian.org/buster/python3-libgpiod). All that is needed for user access to GPIOs is to set the group of /dev/gpiochip* to a group that the user is a member of - e.g., I use a "gpio" group, and then "chgrp gpio /dev/gpiochip*"), and set the permissions of /dev/gpiochip* to group read/write (e.g., "chmod g+rw /dev/gpiochip*") so that the "gpio" group can read/write to it. After doing this the user has full access to the GPIOs (in C, in Python, at the command line, etc.) without having to run as root. Here's a simple Python example that illustrates controlling a LED that wired to H5 GPIO PA12: import gpiod PA12 = 12 # LED is wired to GPIO PA12 # configure GPIOs chip = gpiod.Chip('1', gpiod.Chip.OPEN_BY_NUMBER) led_line = chip.get_line(PA12) led_line.request(consumer="test", type=gpiod.LINE_REQ_DIR_OUT) led_line.set_value(1) # turn on LED led_line.set_value(0) # turn off LED libgpiod also comes with some handy utilities to track GPIO pin usage as well (e.g., "gpioinfo"). I hope this helps...!
  12. You can refer to this patch: https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/11/27/1041 https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10783429/ If this works for banana pi it will work for orange pi. DO NOT MERGE is there for a reason. ov5640_read_reg: error: reg=300a. It usually means it cannot communicate with the sensor. Use this: PE12/CSI_SCK/TWI2_SCK ==> CSI-SCK PE13/CSI_SDA/TWI2_SDA ==> CSI-SDA PE14 ==> CSI-RESET# PE15 ==> CSI-STBY-EN
  13. Actually, there are several kernels on my SDCard, in the /boot folder. But none is booting. Juste after "Trying to boot from MMC1", it loops back to "U-Boot 2018.01-armbian (Jul 07 2019 - 11:26:59 +0200)" etc.... I don't even understand why it is trying to boot from MMC1, given my armbianEnv.txt & boot.txt What else could I test?
  14. I assume you now understand the fundamental change between legacy and mainline. Perhaps asking authors of this document @sgjava @5kft @Adrian Cuzman ... if they know how to solve https://opi-gpio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install.html#non-root-access under mainline kernel?
  15. Installed armbian 5.96, debian buster 5.3.0.rc8 kernel, i don't have any wireless network, device is khadas vim1, what could be the problem?
  16. Each of those SPL's is prepared for different targets. I didn't experiment much with those. Apparently its possible to boot directly from SATA drive, but I never tried and I am not sure if boot scripts are capable to handle this without adjustements. BTW. Can you boot fresh image from the download section?
  17. @devman: Good point. And I think you are right. Out of curiosity I have placed another sensor in the case, directly beneath the disks. It is not very precise though, but I thought it might at least give a hint. I have no others at the moment (HomeMatic IP HmIP-STH). @gprovost: Thanks for the clarification on ECC! That is good to know - and also very reassuring. Regarding the delta I think it was a temporary glitch. And yes, I agree that the HDD temps should be the main point. The new numbers are below, and they support your configuration. Come to think of it, I am not sure if I would like to see the HDD temps rise above another five degrees or so. The last summers were hot here and room temperature could easily climb above 30°C. I think ich will reverse these reversed fans again. But it was at least fun to test! Yes, I like the Helios4 for it's possibilities. - By the way, when you announced that you would ship each order with an OLED display (as I read it), I meant to ask for another one for the second unit. I was more than happy to learn that each one would be shipped with it. So, identical hardware. Small things, but they look cool, especially in the dark. 12 hs idling: Room temperature: 21,70°C Humidity: 55% Unit #1: Unit #2: Fan J10 RPM: 74 Fan J10 RPM: 39 Fan J17 RPM: 74 Fan J17 RPM: 41 SoC core temp.: 48,456 SoC core temp.: 42,267 Ambient temp.: 34,812 Ambient temp.: 31,250 Case: 24,10 Case: 24,20 Humidity: 48% Humidity: 48% /dev/sda temp.: 23 /dev/sda temp.: 23 /dev/sdb temp.: 23 /dev/sdb temp.: 24 /dev/sdc temp.: 23 /dev/sdc temp.: 24 /dev/sdd temp.: 23 /dev/sdd temp.: 25 /dev/sda state: standby /dev/sda state: standby /dev/sdb state: standby /dev/sdb state: standby /dev/sdc state: standby /dev/sdc state: standby /dev/sdd state: standby /dev/sdd state: standby 30 mins. after reboot: Room temperature: 22,00°C Humidity: 54% Unit #1: Unit #2: Fan J10 RPM: 74 Fan J10 RPM: 52 Fan J17 RPM: 76 Fan J17 RPM: 49 SoC core temp.: 49,408 SoC core temp.: 44,171 Ambient temp.: 35,500 Ambient temp.: 32,500 Case: 23,80 Case: 25,10 Humidity: 50% Humidity: 49% /dev/sda temp.: 27 /dev/sda temp.: 29 /dev/sdb temp.: 27 /dev/sdb temp.: 29 /dev/sdc temp.: 27 /dev/sdc temp.: 30 /dev/sdd temp.: 27 /dev/sdd temp.: 31 /dev/sda state: active/idle /dev/sda state: active/idle /dev/sdb state: active/idle /dev/sdb state: active/idle /dev/sdc state: active/idle /dev/sdc state: active/idle /dev/sdd state: active/idle /dev/sdd state: active/idle
  18. https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Options/ add KERNEL_CONFIGURE="yes" to the build config or as a parameter to ./compile
  19. Thank you, for the link. This "framework" is very cool. I,ve installed and try a first build, but i don't find where I can choose drivers. I 'll try again tomorrow ..
  20. Fair enough. It depends on how I configure the routing, to be sure. This is going to be much more capable than a raspberry PI in a like configuration which was the other likely candidate. While I could configure a PI4 as a single-armed router, the EB design provides for more direct routing configuration.
  21. After running: $ sudo dd if=SPL.sdhc of=/dev/sde bs=1K seek=1 status=noxfer $ sudo dd if=u-boot.img.sdhc of=/dev/sde bs=1K seek=69 status=noxfer U-boot seems having well been updated! But it does not boot, it is looping like this: U-Boot 2018.01-armbian (Jul 07 2019 - 11:26:59 +0200) CPU: Freescale i.MX6Q rev1.2 1200 MHz (running at 792 MHz) CPU: Extended Commercial temperature grade (-20C to 105C) at 33C Reset cause: POR Board: MX6 Cubox-i Watchdog enabled DRAM: 2 GiB U-Boot SPL 2018.01-armbian (Jul 07 2019 - 11:26:59) Trying to boot from MMC1 Why MMC1?? armbianEnv.txt: verbosity=7 rootdev=UUID=4a9f4e28-6a2f-4a58-b21a-8b0582b90cd5 console=serial usbstoragequirks= boot.txt: setenv bootargs root=UUID=4a9f4e28-6a2f-4a58-b21a-8b0582b90cd5 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait console=tty1 video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 rd.dm=0 rd.luks=0 rd.lvm=0 raid=noautodetect pci=nomsi ahci_imx.hotplug=1 consoleblank=0 vt.global_cursor_default=0 quiet ext2load mmc 0 0x18000000 /boot/dtb/${fdt_file} ext2load mmc 0 0x12000000 /boot/zImage bootz 0x12000000 - 0x18000000 boot.cmd is the default one. Shouldn't I do something with the other files which are in the deb? SPL.emmc SPL.sata SPL.spi-flash u-boot.img.emmc u-boot.img.sata u-boot.img.spi-flash I wanna boot on /dev/sda...
  22. Hai @lex In my orange pi pc2, i'm load sun6i_csi and ov5640 module on boot. Now to connect ov5640, need adjust DT Script. Can i see DT Script for ov5640 ? I already tried to adjust DT but on dmesg, i see error : ov5640_read_reg: error: reg=300a. how to fix this ?
  23. The Emulator compiled even on a Pinebook A64, but is slower than on the NanoPi K1 Plus
  24. Yes of course. I completely forgot about Here is the recipe: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/sources/cubox.conf#L48-L52 Sometimes order is also important ...
  25. Ok, did it. Now, on the console (via USB-TTL serial console) I have only: U-Boot SPL 2013.10-rc4-ge4bc4c3 (Dec 18 2014 - 14:55:42) Boot Device: SD1 spl: error reading image u-boot.img, err - -1 Load image from RAW... U-Boot SPL 2013.10-rc4-ge4bc4c3 (Dec 18 2014 - 14:55:42) Boot Device: SD1 spl: error reading image u-boot.img, err - -1 Load image from RAW... U-Boot SPL 2013.10-rc4-ge4bc4c3 (Dec 18 2014 - 14:55:42) Boot Device: SD1 spl: error reading image u-boot.img, err - -1 Load image from RAW... Should I try updating also the "SPL.sdhc" using: sudo dd if=SPL.sdhc of=/dev/sde bs=1K seek=1 status=noxfer
  26. 1234 https://github.com/armbian/config/blob/master/debian-software#L426
  27. https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/ kernel + dtb and u-boot come out deb packaged. You install them on the target and that's it. Only u-boot needs a special treatment - it used to update this way in the past but due to the problems we move it under manual update -> armbian-config -> system -> install/update boot loader ... for this case you don't need to update boot loader. Just remember to install image and dtb package. This is essential.
  1. Load more activity